1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What is the fluid collection under the car??

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Bala, May 31, 2012.

1. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Yes,it's usually the perspiration from the A/C,but the A/C drainage tube has a leak and hence when we took the car out for a km drive,we did not switch on the A/C and last the car was out with A/C on was 14 days back.So,what is this fluid collection for a radius of 5 cms under the car??,It could not be oil as oil spreads fast and we have that experience too.We did not wash the car,so what is this fluid collection underneath???
  2. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    How old is your car? Is the water leaking from the windscreen wiper tank?
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    my car is a 2009 Feb make.
    Could be windscreen wiper tank leak.There was the same fluid collection last time around for 5 days after parking the car.
  4. is it green? could be coolant leak
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    photos please.. its very hard to say what the problem you might have..
    coolants, power steering , brakes, wiper wash ,grease there are many things ...
    Please post pics
  6. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Pics please Bala sir
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Hi Bala,

Did my " how to upload a pic" tutorial help?

Kindly upload some pics of your Linea's underbody ( from where it's supposedly leaking) and of the fluid which has gotten deposited on the floor.

Cheers.
  8. by any chance did you use the windscreen clean function before driving the car?? if yes this can be the culprit where due to loosening of the carrier tubes it spills water underneath the car...

a pic will surely help as advised by others...
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  9. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Hi Gurjinder,
    Your delailed guidance did throw some light about posting pictures but I still need others' help!!!(in future an entrance exam to become a member of TFI should be mandatory!!!,just kidding,I'll try)
    About the fluid collection,my car did go to the TASS today and the A/C drainage tube leak was fixed in few minutes and was told that the entire tube needs replacement and that they will place the order.About this fluid collection,it was also attributed to the A/C drainage leak,though the car was never taken out with A/C on for 15 day(there was still a fresh collection).Any how,the car is back and I shall post tomorrow if the collection has disappeared.
    No Sanjeev,the windscreen cleaner was not used but there is a possibility that there might be a leak.The collection was colourless and odourless.
    Lets see if it happens again after fixing the A/C drainage leak.
  10. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Keep a watch on all fluid levels, it may throw some light.