1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What is Clutch Slipping ?

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Ganges, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    hi,
    My Ride have done 1.47lakh Kms and mileage have dropped to 6Kms per litre.From recent trip of 1750Kms i have got fuel economy of 13.5 Kmpl.No doubt car have gone sluggish with behaviour.
    i'm doubting why so much low efficiency ?
    Is it due to clutch?
    Fuel filter ? or
    Throttle body sensor cleaning?

i have not seen clutch slipping at all,so can i ignore the clutch system change.
  2. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Poor FE can be because of many reasons, Poor Fuel, Bad burning of fuel(Coil,Glowplug, bad Timing, resting your foot on the clutch pedal, excessive use of AC, low tire pressure, dirty EGR Valve) boy I can think of so many reasons but these are on top of my head.
    If you suspect Fuel Filter, you could consider changing Fuel filter every 10K rather than 15 along with Engine Oil/Filter and Air Filter.
    Oh yes and I forgot, ever Dirty Air filter is a big cause of a poor FE.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Poor fuel cant be,because i have tried different bunks.i have used More AC on this trip ,but previously i used to get 18Kmpl.
    Air filter and oil with oil filter changed per 6K Kms.i dont want to change my clutch so early :D unless i find a valid reason for the low fuel economy.BTW what is clutch slipping ? related to sluggishness ?
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Finally changed the stock clutch at 1.47lakh kms. Gained +7kmpl ;) mileage.
    Also recovered 250gms of carbon from intake manifold and 100gms from EGR valve.Will upload pics later.
    Mileage Improved.
    Pinto heaviness gone
    Jerks at lower gears completely disappeared.
    Power delivery improved.
    Sluggishness gone.
    Was worth spending 11k Inr on the work carried out.

So no more looking at clutch and Manifold/Egr for another 50k kms.

Next to diagnose:-
    Heat exchanger to know its longivity.
    Will check compression ratio just for satisfaction.
    varunrtr likes this.
  5. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Only 11 k for clutch,! What are the parts they replaced?
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Tornado
    I have done few other changes too:- Clutch Kit was with Obearing(in below pic you can see small cut), Intake Manifold cleaning(attached carbon clogged Pic),cleaned EGR valve, changed the cooling system fluid,pipe got cut which goes to Intercooler.Left rear tail gate bulb was not working.It was worth travelling to Belgaum from Sangli. Sutaria Fiat at its best always.
    uploadfromtaptalk1435028098913.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1435028232703.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1435028392668.jpg
    kishorekrs and longdrive like this.