1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What info you like to see in your MID, while driving?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by soundar, Jul 30, 2010.

?

What info you like to see in your MID, while driving?

1. Odometer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Distance to empty

1.8%
  3. Trip distance

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Trip fuel consumption

5.3%
  5. Trip average speed

28.1%
  6. Trip duration

5.3%
  7. Instance fuel consumption

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Clock

45.6%
  9. Temperature

14.0%
  1. MID in our Punto / Linea helps to improve / adjust our driving style to a greater extent. What information you like to see, while you are driving?

I like to see the trip fuel consumption. It really helps me to extract more kilometer per liter of my Punto.

Sometimes, when I rush, the clock comes handy.
  2. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE
    In my Linea the fisrt I would see is the Trip Fuel Consumption, second would be Trip Distance.

Soundar good Topic.
  3. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

"Ic" is for me.
    nothing like real time fuel consumption display!!

but now i rarely look at the IC on the MID. ::V

Its the tachometer that has my attention.. get the right rev's & get the consumption i'm expecting..
  4. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    I find myself switching between IC, AcA and AcB most of the time.
    For me AcB is the Trip FE and AcA is the Lamp glow to Lamp glow FE. Yes I do not do the traditional tank full to tank full method, instead I reset the Trip A when the yellow fuel level lamp lights up.
    :nicethread
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Apart from instant fuel consumption, as it distracts my attention while driving, I frequently refer to all other parameters.
  6. Its the AcB (trip FE) and rpm needle tip (lesser these days, as the it comes more naturally to shift at the right instant) that I follow during my city drives.
    During long, I also toggle between IC and AcB.
    AcA, I too use to calculate between the lamp glows
  7. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Clock for me. Anything else takes my attention away from the road
  8. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

NO wonder Maruti...says. Kitna Deti Hai lol. Well, I myself keep an eye on IC and second most important, I always watch the temperature. Specially when I'm on highways.
  9. redtux

redtux

Trivandrum
    Initially my MID showed the CD track info. If I can hear the song then why is this needed? :confused1 I then set the MID to Instantaneous Consumption, but this was too instantaneous. So right now MID shows Average consumption.
  10. Unlike the majority opinion here, I don't want to see the FE while driving... especially the IC... it takes away the fun in driving and it drags my attention from road.