1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What hatch in the 4-6.5 L range

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by MihirC, Oct 25, 2010.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No. You haven't. And from your question, I take that you mean to say that Fiat installs parking sensors from Xenos!
    Kindly, recheck this again as I "think" that Fiat installs parking sensors and central locking from Autocop. ::pP
  2. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    I ll get it checked from Concorde motors. thanks. Do you know if FIAT has a reverse camera as an accessory? whats the cost?
  3. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I don't think they have a reverse parking camera as it is not listed in the accessories.

How much are you willing to spend on the set up?

You can buy a camera+screen for a very competitive prices from the market. Another alternative is to buy VX240 mapmyindia mavigation system as they are also giving the reverse camera with it (if you are interested). The navigation device acts as the LCD while using reverse camera plus you will have a 4.3 inch screen for video playback for you co passengers. ::V
    I saw it last week as my friend got one for himself. I am so impressed with its door to door navigation ability in 13 major cities like Chandigarh, Delhi, Mumbai etc.
  4. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    Well the thing is, if FIAT gives me the parking sensors painted to match the body colour then I wont be going for the reverse camera. But if not then I will go for a reverse camera , will try getting it installed on the number plate so that the bumpers dont look ugly. I wouldnt want to spend more than 5-6 k for the camera. Wont it void the warranty though If I get it done from outside?
  5. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    Ok guys this is weird. The guy at concorde informed that they can only paint the outer ring of the sensor. The inner circle would remain black only. I feel I should go ahead with reverse cam only and that too in the number plate like one of our members has. This will be finalised when I go to make the last payment. Will let you guys know. And oh do you have an idea how effective are garwares ice cool tints? Are they available in any shades.
  6. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    Parking Camera

Guys the sales /accessories guy at Concorde is saying the cost of rear cam for the Punto will cost 8,500 Rs. This is includes only the cam and the display unit, nothing else. The brand he says is Xenos? I feel 8.5k is too high.

Any inputs on this are much welcome. The delivery is still 5-6 days away so , i can bargain and get a better deal now than after taking the delivery.
  7. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Do check the Xenos India website here:
    3.5 inch LCD= Rs3500
    Infra red cam= Rs2200.

Prices might be lower than whats quoted at the website. Because I had bought Xenos Fort Gate 250-4A central locking for our M800 in June for Rs3000 but it is quoted as Rs4400 on their website.
  8. japa78

japa78 Amatore

Chennai
    you can get linea petrol active for 6.5 l on road with the 1.4l engine.forget the underpower bashing by many,drive it yourself and see,i didi and found it to be great...super VFM dont you think? :redcar
  9. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    Dude I already booked a Punto E+. I didnt need the boot so its alright.
  10. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    Dude, seriously man, you have been tons of help. So either the dealer has to give me the cam for 5 k(minus 3600 rs as im taking the cam instead of the sensors which were offered as a free accesory) or for 8500(minus 3600 again) which is a really good combo with a 7 inch screen .

This will give me an upper hand in the bargain :devil . thanks a ton again ::T