1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What hatch in the 4-6.5 L range

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by MihirC, Oct 25, 2010.

1. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    Carrying on from where I left guys,

Went there with my FIL. Test drove the Punto AGAIN. The rev happy nature of this Punto blew me to smithereens man. A small push to the accelerator and it just took off, almost similar to that of my 93 Zen, but not quite there. Almost made me feel the ECU was kind of remapped.
    Sat down to work out the deal, My FiL was to negotiate the money where as I was to bargain on the accessories as well as on a few technical issues. I would like to tell you guiys here, that my immediate family has bought more than 5 cars in the Past 3 years from this showroom, the last 2 ones being a Vista and a Linea, so the Team leader ,Ganesh knew my FIL well. He being Pratiks TL was an added bonus, the showroom was almost shut and We started the negotiations with both of them. We informed him that since the car was a year old, we would have to bear the 20% Depreciation , and why should we right ::V ?He agreed after a bit of brainstorming and in addition to that point just because we have been a repeat customer time and again, he gave a further 15K discount on top of the previously informed discount. WOW. Then after a fair bit of haggling , he came down by a further 3k. And then said that ,I cant do even a single paisa more. Fine I said, we dont want a single paisa more of discount but then lets do start with the accessories ::T

The standard offer of free mudflaps and matressess along with sunfilm was dished out to us. I pushed them about parking sensors, anti rust treatment and door sill plates(scuff plates). I asked him to do away with the sunfilm and give in the rest. After some discussion he agreed. So here is the total break up of the offer.

Current OTR- 7.03L
    Cash discount- 1.18L
    Parking sensor-0.04L
    AntiRust -0.04L
    Scuffplates
    Mudflaps and -0.02L
    mattressess

Total OTR -5.75L :wow :dance

I do have a few concerns which I ll mention in my next post.
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    This looks like a really good deal. But be sure to do a detailed PDI as the vehicle has been lying in the showroom for a while. :up
  3. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    Well it is a good deal on paper , but I share your thoughts about the date of mfg and hence will be visiting the stock yard tomorrow to do a detailed check on the car. Just keeping my fingers crossed man.
  4. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    My concerns and a test drive once again...

My only concern is that the car is in the yard for almost and year, though they have confirmed that a recent PDI was carried out without any issues. Anyways will check it up when I go to the stock yard soon. Keeping my fingers crossed that the car has really been kept in a good condition.

Took a test drive again today with my mom dad and wife and the car just impressed me so much the way it absorbs pot holes the way it handles and most importantly the way the engine responds after opening up. Mom and dad loved it to bits. Infact Pratik was kind enough to let us take a test drive from Portuguese church dadar to worli seaface and back to Portuguese church and then back to the showroom, that’s almost 4-5 kms.

The only issue for me was that the car was available only in Electric blue colour. I was hoping for a med grey or exotica red instead, though that’s just a personal choice. Also the parking sensors are available only in black, nothings close to the blue colour. I feel it will look ugly , what do you think guys?? Or should I just choose function over form and shut up? Need your advice.

Had to complete the form filling and a few other formalities. Had taken a post dated cheque with me for the booking amount, just in case things are not fine in the stock yard, but ganesh informed that a post dated cheque for the booking amount wont do and just in case the full booking amount will be refunded.

So now the bookings done. The visit to the stock yard will be done tomorrow. The week after is when we pay the amount and move out. Not yet decided if we will be going for finance or get some support from the parents. Lets see how it pans out.

Will keep you posted.
  5. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    Guys does FIAT give rear parking camera as an accessory? Also where can I get body coloured parking sensors as an after market fit for electric blue Punto. What cost and what brand? Im just apprehensive about the warranty going void. Any tips?
  6. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    Thru with the PDI looks like she is coming home.

Hi Guys,

Thru with the PDI today. Had been at the stockyard and guys it was like hallejuah. Fiats all over the place man, went crazy. :dance .

Anyways there were a few scratches on the car and and the paint had chipped off in a couple of locations, not too bad for being a deal breaker. Also the place where the VIN is embossed on the floor near the front passenger, the area was a bit rusty.The AC was perfectly alright and chilled effortlessly. I must say the colour does not look as bad as I thought it would. There was also an Airbag failure warning the first time i turned the ignition on. Panicking I called the sales guy who informed me the warning was displayed as the airbag settings have not been fed to the ECU as the car is like just out of the plant.Just 24km on the odo man.

The sales guy confirmed all the paint related and technical issues would be sorted out before delivery.

One more thing I noticed was that there was a "H" displayed on the MID when the car was on or off with the key removed. Anyone knows what the H is all about? I have attached the pics below.

Anyone knows from which company and place can I get body coloured bumpers for electric blue Punto. The black ones look super ugly man.The payment will be done by 3rd of Dec so the car would be with us by 8th Dec :devilface

Will let you guys know of the details.

27112010425.jpg

27112010431.jpg
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats man if you see the "H". It proves the car has never been run more than 24kms.

This "H" is the temporary ODO with 200Km limit. Means that you can drive the car with H displayed till 200Km. After that, the ODO resets again to zero for one last time and the 200Km run history is deleted.

You can manually remove this "H" and reset the ODO to zero by pressing the trip button for a few seconds.

Electric Blue looks awesome. To the best of my knowledge, there is just 1 electric blue Punto in Chandigarh. :)

Nice pics.
  8. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    Thanks Paddleshifter. Hearing about the "H" has made me so glad man. That means the car is as pure and unused . Its just 24 kms old thats so awesome. The PDI went fine so I guess there wont be issues when I start using the car. I had concerns over the colour , but I must say it looks pretty smashing in blue. There are quite a few blues in Mumbai. Not too much but I would say 1-2 in every 10 punto's

Any ideas about colouring the parking sensors mate?
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I don't have much knowledge regarding parking sensors but some of the people advise not to get them painted.
    Someone had started a thread on painting parking sensors a few days back and TFI members said that it is safe to get them painted. Have a look here:

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1138

Note: I do not trust Xenos. I would prefer Autocop over Xenos as I had got central locking from Xenos installed in our old M800 earlier this year. It has started malfunctioning within 6 months. It is such crap that I don't want to spend money on Xenos even to get it removed from our car. :lol:
  10. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    Thats scary man. Hopefully since Im trying to get the sensors painted from FIAT itself it wont void the warranty . just in case things go bad. Have I mentioned before that FIAT installs Xenos as accessory?