1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What hatch in the 4-6.5 L range

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by MihirC, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Or wait for 4 months for the all NEW FORD FIESTA hatch,would not be a bad idea,it atleast looks good and practical,seems to be a tall boy too.
  2. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    Any pics of the new Fiesta hatch Bala? Also I dont think the hatch will be coming with the 118bhp engine that the 3 box fiesta is supposed to come with. Any idea on the engine specs?
  3. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai

Well , 1.3 MJD would be way out of my budget as ABS and Airbags in a must have. I agree a change would be welcome in the garage (just an exclamation, we dont have one) but I dont know mate, 6.5+ for A Hyundai is a bit too much for me to digest. Again , no offense meant to any one. I would tend to agree with the gearshift quality issue but the steering is not meant for driving enthusiast, you drive a Punto so you know what I mean ::D

Dude im going to look like a total fanboy here but the HPS in FIAT cars is simply awesome man, the only other car I can think of on those lines is a BMW , sadly even they have shifted to EPS now.But yeah I ll try having one more TD of the i20 + Vista 90 hp before I reach any conclusion.
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Mihirc,pictures of FIESTA hatch are present all over the net(team-bhp),watch NDTV-car and bike show this week for a detailed review,a retelecast of last week's pragramme at 1.30pm saturday
    It comes with 1.2 and 1.4 petrol engines,am not sure about the diesel,It's the first FORD car which looks very european and worth a wait and considering how FORD managed a killer price on FIGO,one can expect the same with FIESTA hatch too,You should wait.
  5. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    Guys there is one more thing, Im from Mumbai and just wanted to know when is the time for max discounts, Diwali time or December , end of the year??
  6. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE
    Saw an advertisment in a Tamil Newspaper for Nissan Micra - Diesel. Is the car launched, FE was given as 23 kms/liter. Price details not given. Is it a serious competitor for Punto.
  7. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    There is absolutely no competition if you ask me. Those who want simply mileage and a good city drive will go for micra. Those who want mileage+ a good highway cruiser with the best ride and handling combo north of 10lakhs will go for Punto.
  8. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    Punto 1.3 is a better car even for city drive. people are just obsessed with the brand names. they think that if they are driving a vw or a nissan they are driving the best machines. but actually these are obslete technolgies with sluggish engines. MJD is a modern & future concept for diesel technology. it will take a lot of time of people to understand it.
  9. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    Punto 1.3 MJD is better option even for city drive. actually people are obsessed with brand names that have recently come to india even if they deliver obslete technologies. they think that if they are driving a vw or a nissan they are driving the best cars available in india. but these are outdated and sluggish engines with polished exteriors. polo even with 3 cylinder engine has lesser mileage than a 4 cylinder Fiat engine. a** is poor with no proper channeling of workshop and dealers. besides they are expensive too. but still people will go for a vw or whatever, coz they are obsessed with it . it will a lot of time for people to understand all these things.
  10. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    UPDATE

I had postponed the purchase of the car till Jan due to some unavoidable expenditures in the family. Was roaming around the FIAT stand at the ACI expo on the 20th as there was no other stall worth a look, honestly. There this sales guy came to me and introduced himself as Pratik. Seems he had seen me in Concorde motors Prabhadevi many a times , so we got talking about the Punto and he informed that just 2 days back, he sold off a August 2010 model Punto with a discount of 30 K over the alrerady available discount of 30 K (thats 60 k total). It was like a punch in my guts. Knocked the wind out of me. I told him to keep me posted just in case they come across any older Punto's.He confirmed he would call me on Monday, 22nd Nov.

Monday came and still no call by lunch. Finally called him and he informed there was no car available and all the jazz, he couldnt give much discount on the current cars and all that jazz again. I asked him to speak to his senior and get back to me.

6.15 in the evening that day I get a call from him saying there is a Dec 2009 manufactured and delivered to stock yard in March 2010 Punto E+ and the discount that he can give on the same is 60K+30k standard insurance off discount, thats a whopping 90 k.Fixed an appointment with him for evening the next day. Will write about it in the next post as dont want to make one lengthy boring post :)