1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What FIAT needs to do to sell more

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I think, it's not time for them to sell more, rather it's time to retain existing customers.
    To retain existing punto owners, they should launch a Linea AT.
    To retain existing Linea owners, they should launch the Tipo earliest which could prevent fiat fans going towards Ooty, Jetta, corolla etc..
    And to retain existing Avventura custemers they should bring Rengade earliest.

And Fiats, you need not advertise at all, we TFIans would find your showrooms even though they are located opposite the cave of tigers in the Ranthambore.
  2. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    That's true. When one open sales figures, drive quality, build quality, safety kind of threads in other auto forums, Fiat word is filled about in every page. Sales figures of various cars in a Month, people love to bash Fiat which has become a hobby for many online members. As a fiat-ian once rightly said about his linea "people lament about several issues in the car but I haven't faced one yet". Fiat is like that very lady who doesn't mend for society but has her own way of life! We in India refer car to a girl friend, wife and also relate the machine to lady. Sanskaaris want a family type of girl who can do anything like jack of all trades but master in none.
  3. revvingengines

revvingengines Novizio

Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I agree with @Tornado. there seems to be an an increasing demand for automatics - especially in cities. so it wouldn't be a bad idea to launch an auto 'box. i know my uncle would pick up a Punto automatic for sure!
    it might as well stop people from uttering the r-word (rubbery :p).
    Krunal Bhatt likes this.
  4. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    +1 to @Tornado. Fiat already has the brand loyalty in place:D.Its time for them to leverage it and retain their existing customers.
  5. Krunal Bhatt

Krunal Bhatt Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Ahmedabad
    Punto Evo 1.3
    If I am not wrong then FIAT is manufacturing AMT for Zest in India. Then why cant they use similar or better AMT for themselves.?
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Because the amt will be compared to vw's dsg and honda's mere cvt that would cost a lakh or three more, but no one will consider the pricing fact! Damned, either way: to do or not-to-do, that is the perennial (and expensive either way) dillemma for the FIAT brand in India.

@Krunal Bhatt
    gpunto75 likes this.
  7. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    DSG too is not free of issue but with better ASS & warranty they are taking care of that a bad word is not spread against them.

At present, fiats have better ASS in my area atleast, and I am sure they are capable of managing any ASS issue if needed.