1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What FIAT needs to do to sell more

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Last week, I saw Fiat stall(makeshift pandal) at a town(Block head quarter) 30 km away from Pune.
    Punto & Linea was on display, unfortunately, Avventura wasn't there I couldn't take a pic.

Ideally, they should provide test drives to Block level government officers at the office closing time. With the suspension & GC provided by Fiat, their cars should sell more in towns than in big cities.
    prabhjot and dadasaheb like this.
  2. Revv

Revv Amatore

Chinchwad, Pune
    Chinchwadgaon Pune
    Linea 1.4
    Fiat is displaying Avventura, Linea and Abarth Punto at our IT park today. Good to see them taking some steps towards marketing their product.
    By the way, I was there for about 10 mins. Our IT park has offices of 2 tier 1 suppliers - Harman,Visteon also Phillips and Tata BPO. Majority of people, even who work in these Automotive organizations have no idea that there is some car named Abarth ...
    Some questions I heard
    1. Which company is this ? (Not just Abarth ! They had no idea Fiat sells cars !)
    2. Of course .. Price ? 12 lakh ?? Why !
    3. Kitana deti hain !!
    jackharrisw, KPR, Raaz and 1 other person like this.
  3. jackharrisw

jackharrisw Amatore

Chennai
    This is the very critical point. People don't even know that FIAT sells cars. And do we all know what these people think of FIAT still? They think FIAT as a company who sold Premier Padmini cars. They don't know FIAT is a global brand. This is the very point that I told last year in some thread. FIAT has to advertise the brand first. There is no point in advertising the products without common people knowing, what the brand is all about.
    linea4me likes this.
  4. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Fiat's, rather than selling last year manufactured cars & the display peaces at hefty discounts, should make all the dealers to start a 'rent a self drive car' bussines.
    As maintenance of these cars would be cheaper for the dealers as compared to other similar bussines groups such as zoomcar, girikand, fiat dealers can easily divert business to them at cheaper rates.
    Also driving enthusiastic customers would spread the words about their experiences.
    Also the staff killing flies at showroom would get some work to justify the salary & ask more of it.
    prabhjot and manjunathkl like this.
  5. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    Was at jay vijay yesterday for a rattle issue in my car. Noticed a fiat bravo. The service person said that it had been imported.

945a33457ea735e5847e6d727eb8ac53.jpg

The car is longer and wider than the Punto evo.

298e0850312ee543e97cb79e0904e9d5.jpg

6 speed transmission

1fd8fcb8d95128e29c5b38a53986fba0.jpg

259dacea2055f786f13610c23c185052.jpg

c38952b54d36f9ebf88810ac45b113ee.jpg

Fiat, why not bring this to India? This can make good numbers by exporting to RHD markets.

Few more pics

b39466e56c2ab43188880d974c283111.jpg

c9a8709c02ee30c15fc951c84fc9e571.jpg

e84b5d7c4d750c96ef945d7d2eafea61.jpg
    linea4me, Karan, asimpleson and 3 others like this.
  6. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    If Fiat gets Bravo (which has low probability), it would be a natural upgrade for Punto owners as a lot of people dont prefer 3 box cars in the crowded Indian cities.
    @nikhil0405 : Was it a diesel or a petrol? And at what part of the car were you having rattling issue?
  7. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    @Turbothinghy, there was no badging on car to indicate diesel or petrol. I could not open the hood to find out. From the looks, it seems a petrol since I would expect some sort of badge for a diesel.

The car is long and wide enough to compete with the likes of i20 and baleno. The legroom in the rear though is not as much. The car is as solidly built as the Punto.

I had a rattle on the left side of the car for which jay vijay replaced the strut pad under warranty few days back. The issue still persists. Now they will remove and refit the door panel and will also replace the gear cable under warranty. Happy with their service at most times. The technician who took the car for a drive to replicate the issue could not find it initially. He said that lets not leave the issue and try again. He could replicate the issue in the next round. Will be there this weekend for the work.
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  8. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @nikhil040: I agree that Jay Vijay is more than decent with their services more than often. Even I have started to experience some rattle at the left side but from the dashboard when I go over bad patches of road at decent speeds. Will get it rectified soon from JV.

Regarding the Bravo, I feel it's direct competitor is i30, I mean that's a segment above.
  9. Krunal Bhatt

Krunal Bhatt Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Ahmedabad
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Just to make the thread live again.

All FCA India need to do is, follow FCA of Brazil or Turkey. Where they are reasonably successful. (Not talking about Italy, since they have little bit of home advantage there)

They need to have a strong line up like they have in Brazil and Turkey. Look at FIAT Brazil line up (http://www.fiat.com.br/carros.html), they have 9 hatches, 3 sedans, 1 Station wagon,2 pickups. (not considering commercial vehicles)
  10. i_mysterious1

i_mysterious1 Novizio

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    http://m.autocarindia.com/Article.aspx?CIID=401941&type=News&page=0
    So FIAT,time to advertise your safety before the issue wears off from the Indian consumer's mind!
    But,you need to send your vehicles for a voluntary NCAP first so that it(FIAT'S Safety) can be promoted widely in the media.
    I think its an opportunity FCA India should not miss,especially when all the cars above had an "unstable structure" according to NCAP
    Krunal Bhatt and prabhjot like this.