1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What FIAT needs to do to sell more

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Mabams1826

Mabams1826 Amatore

Erode
    ERODE
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Some more great news and snaps from GEEP.....:)

Screenshot_2015-03-01-05-20-02~2.jpg

Screenshot_2015-03-01-05-20-12~2.jpg

Screenshot_2015-03-01-05-20-29~2.jpg

Screenshot_2015-03-01-05-24-03~2.jpg

Screenshot_2015-03-01-05-24-10~2.jpg

Screenshot_2015-03-01-05-24-17~2.jpg

Screenshot_2015-03-01-05-24-46~2.jpg

Screenshot_2015-03-01-05-24-52~2.jpg

Screenshot_2015-03-01-05-25-00~2.jpg

Screenshot_2015-03-01-05-25-06~2.jpg

Screenshot_2015-03-01-05-25-15~2.jpg

Screenshot_2015-03-01-05-25-21~2.jpg
  2. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    I am already in Love with the Renegade!
    The top model with 1.5 MJD priced under 12L and I would seriously consider it as a replacement for my Punto in 2016.
    Can anyone share the boot size of Renegade?
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Ichimaru

More like 15+ lakhs in 2017! :( And even that price would only be possible with heavy localization and perhaps even a degree of engineering dilution esp of its independent front and rear suspensions, and of its highly torsionally-rigid monocoque. But: yeah!!

I am very intrigued at the possibility of a sub-Renegade 'emerging markets special' Jeep, possibly very like the Renegade in design, off the Palio platform the Jeep head of international product planning mentions in that interview from Australia posted by a TFI-ian earlier in the thread.

Now: that would seem to be twinnable with the ostensible Fiat b-suv off the lightened Palio platform being developed for India and Brazil etc in Brazil, and could be easily exported from India to left AND right-hand drive markets at very competitive costs, and can thereby help defray the risks and costs of the Fiat version's likely none-too-big sales? i.e., FCA mimicking Ford and Renault-Nissan's strategy with the Ecosport and the Duster/Terrano? After all the Palio platform and most modules would just carry over as is from the Indian Punto/Linea/Avventura, no?

And so your 12 lakh cut-off, or say Duster top-end prices or XUV500 ones could easily be met or bettered one would imagine?!

I really do hope Mr. Flynn firms up and catalyzes some such DECISIONS, and, more importantly and urgently, then proceeds to publicly commit to them, including timeframes, SOON.
  4. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    @prabhjot
    Then what excites me is the 500X..!
    Can either of these come in 2016?
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Ichimaru

Whatever's coming from Fiat (b-suv) might be in 2016, but it's unlikely IMO to be the 500X. Duster or below prices?

My own decision is to wait till 2017 to see both Fiat's and Jeep's India line-ups. Hopefully by then both the Renegade and the 500X might be in play here, at say 14-16 lakhs?.
    Amit Rox likes this.
  6. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    Guys,

Saw the s cross ad in Hindu today, never seen any of the Fiat ads so big and the biggest irony here is s-cross runs on fiat engines both mjd 1.3 and 1.6.

Attached the ad pics.

IMG_20150808_084527.jpg

IMG_20150808_084416_1.jpg
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @bibin

'Shock and awe'-in-scale advertizing, this from Suzuki, following in Hyundai's Cretan-ous wake. EXPENSIVE! But presumably, with a built-in, minimum guaranteed return-on-investment.

Impossibly so in Fiat's case, with little-to-nil payoff too?

Hope Fiat's Abarth ads make up in quality/canniness of 'pitch' what they lack, unlike this Suzuki S Cross one+the NEXA dealership ones, in sheer scale.
  8. SVN

SVN Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Not sure whether below point is discussed in this thread.

Visibility of KHT Fiat (near graphite signal) is not at all there and hence no one will will find a presence of such FIAT dealer point in such location. Neither the dealership is visible nor have any marketing /signboard to indicate it's presence. Also till date I have not come across the dealer well lit in any point of time whenever I pass by.
    Very poor state of affair :(
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    One of the ways to advertise FIAT cars is to put them in Zoom car. By this people will really get to know the beauty and its driving dynamics. Just a thought. :)
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    In comparison to Maruti's full page S cross ad in Times of India, even Mini Cooper had an ad showing a price of 28L for the iconic car. But Fiat, not a single ad for showcasing the 500 Abarth. Whats the point in launch at the Buddh circuit if you cant let India leave apart the ASEAN countries know that an enthusiast car is launched. If this is the attitude, only god knows whether they are going to let the dealers atleast know that Punto Abarth will be launched in October.

Shame on you Fiat.