1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What FIAT needs to do to sell more

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Jul 30, 2010.

1. amiablefiend

amiablefiend Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Linea Classic
    Fiat Sales has definitely increased and is very evident on road.
    Whats paramount now is to beef up its ASS (after sales service), specially delivering within the reasonable and promised timelines.
    And there is a definite need of much more training for the staff and engineers. Lack of trained service men is something I have got directly from the service managers. More trained works-men will not only help giving better services to the customer but will make more customers come back to Fiat service stations rather than go to third party.
    If they dont make serious effort to this end they will end up being where it all started from (Tata days).
    dhinas likes this.
  2. Mabams1826

Mabams1826 Amatore

Erode
    ERODE
    Fiat Enthusiast
    There was so much talk of Fiat bringing in Bravo sometime back but the talk just vanished.
    Was going through Fiat UK site and the car is still a stunner, can be placed just below the linea pricing ,if its manufactured here and can definitely do 300 to 500 per month if marketed properly.
  3. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    @mabams stop saying 'marketed properly'... They just cannot do it fiat India just fail miserably in marketing
  4. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. Mabams1826

Mabams1826 Amatore

Erode
    ERODE
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I suppose Fiat India believes in the policy of "live and let live" as it gives others the opportunity to sell such merchandise.
    On a serious note you have lot of such items in ," Ali express" at very reasonable rates.
    Probably like team fiat stickers mods can think of purchasing these items in bulk and reselling it for our members with some profit.
    One can also order personally but it takes at least two months for delivery.
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Does anyone know the pro-s and con-s of a major push by FCA into a more e-commerce (marketplace) approach to selling their cars? The conditions of possibility and more importantly (relative) success via this channel? Talking flipkart, amazon, snapdeal here NOT cardekho or cartrade or the likes.

A priori: it would seem a good way of (a) generating buzz (b) accessing new, young, possibly first-time carbuyers, 'try-out'-ers (c) reaching out to buyers in locations where dealers are missing or too far (d) helping dealers defray their high real estate costs in the face of stagnant sales numbers??

In conjunction with small independent FASS in currently unserviced areas/towns (on the rs motors model from Mumbai, a FASS without the cost burden olf a dealership/showroom. And also, in conjunction (something already in play in believe but NOT advertised) with the likes of Mahindra First Choice for ass and spares support.

This would seem to be a lowcost/low-risk way of expanding the brands sales and ass footprint, WITHOUT the difficulty of managing an adverse financial equation for full-fledged dealerships.

I am missing something? I must be, since none of the several car companies with struggling sales figures and resultantly, dealers, seems to be doing it...:confused::rolleyes:
    asimpleson likes this.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Not an impossible idea if only they had implemented before. Since dealerships are already in place, maybe dealerships ought to be allowed to sell cars online. Occasionally customers also want to see the products before buying. But if price is unbeateable, the customers (first buyers) might risk buying just from online pic and tube hype creation esp. for a new to launch product. Like One plus and Xaomi brands.

Remember the Skoda/VW? dealer from Gujarat coming up an offer on his own. But they will need to keep price and offer control. Because government has ruled in UNO case about taxation liability for undervalued car prices.
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. acechip

acechip Superiore

@prabhjot :- not a great idea. A car is too large an object that can be purchased online, in every sense of the term large. In a market like India where people have issues with the basic PDI of their cars, and keep on haggling with Dealers and A.S, I wouldnt commit anything more than a token amount just to "book" a car. I dont see how dealers can avoid the capital costs of land as such, because otherwise every purchase will be made off the stockyard. And the stockyard itself will become a dealership in that sense. So we are back to square one.
    Heck, I wouldnt even purchase a 6000 Rs mobile phone off the internet if I could help it- there's too many fake/counterfeit products being sold out there.

Also, by definition , at any place from where a car dealership is too far, the consumer is likely to have a) a reduced propensity to purchase online b) internet infrastructure may not be good enough for internet transactions.
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    @prabhjot I don't get your point blaming only the customers for being mango headed.

besides Customer is God - a saying for all sellers and you should get what the god wants (MS does this perfectly)

or fool God by advertising your brand as some luxury @ affordable price (Hyundai)

or start your brand as some Big car or premium car maker them come into the mass market (Toyota and VW, hmm.... intelligent)

TATA is a different case, there are too many opinions.

In India as of now there is no such Perfomance "Brand" - Fiat should move in first with the affordable abarths with 130 HP punto and modified Linea t-jet - at 8 - 12 Lakhs , they can do this - all it just needs is a bigger turbo from the 500 essesse

most importantly brag about it on every TV channel and Poster on roads about the perfomance and mention "perfomance" as their slogan as if they are the only perfomance brand on the planet (this is where fiat should go Hyundai'ish). - But Sadly fiat wont do this and they will be an EPIC failure in the market again.

@acechip I think fiat could do what Mahindra did with the new scorpio in snapdeal....

if they do with flipkart, that would create amazing buzz, worth taking some chance instead of doing nothing...
    HareeshCR, PradeepM and prabhjot like this.
  10. acechip

acechip Superiore

Well, actually, I would rather like the idea of OEMs using tieups with portals like Flipkart/Amazon where they can get some discount vouchers for service and parts, basis of points accumulated in spending on the site. Rather like credit cards/airline miles.
    prabhjot and asimpleson like this.