1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What FIAT needs to do to sell more

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Jul 30, 2010.

1. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    or the other option is to be just relax and sit on fence and see Maruti, Hyundai, Honda, Tata, Mahindra tops the sells chart and be only one Engine supplier from the pool available at global level.
    they are sharing 1.3 Mjd with Tata at same plant why not to share Revetron from Tata for the Evo and Avi ?? who have stopped them ???
    adisrini1103 likes this.
  2. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Far far fewer dealers now that Fiat is independent, though 125 is a decent number by now to build sales on. Sales are up nearly 50% year-to-date, more than ANYone else in the bazaar. EVERYone except M, HY and H is down 15 to 30+%. The overall market is down too, for the second year in a row, by total sales year-on-year (till October) and year-to-November.

The dealers, the cars, the improved FASS, the better and increased marketing, and hopefully the new engines etc. Enough to fight it out half-well in this brutal marketplace in 2015? I think and hope so, let's see
  4. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    why not a 7 seater MPV based on Linea platform ? against Mobilio, Ertiga, Enjoy, May be Innova with a 1.6/2.0 MJD
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Large family car platform for Fiat is based on Type Four Platform, now already abandoned. The main reason for Chrysler aquisition as per Mr. Sergio was that Chrysler has exactly all the cars that have been missing from the Fiat stable, the other side of coin or something he said IIRC. Besides some DNA of Fiat will be incorporated in newer designs of newly developed cars, I think latest Dodge sedan is a fine example. The Fiat Chroma was stopped (in 2011) to be the last SUV on the Type Four platform. And we are not yet clear about the Fiat Freemont. He wants to stay lean in manufacturing (rolling out just the right products to stay competitive and improve bottom-lines); and being the sharp businessman he is, we would need luck to see something like the Freemont on Indian roads. Its Jeep line-up I am afraid which they will concentrate on for this segment. Actually, Freemont too shares Dodge platform and is a product of this new alliance, so it may have a better chance to seep into the Indian market. Lets hope it does sooner.
    prabhjot and dadasaheb like this.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If no service centres in the region then do service camps across that region,rather keep doing the service camps in the cities where already service centre exists.it was strange feel when i saw this on FIAT India website about the service thing.People have to travel 250kms 300 kms to get service the car.TATA FIAT JV was good in service terms.

Service.jpg
    Rituraj likes this.
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    That would be the Doblo, recently comprehensively facelifted, as well as introduced, to much praise, as a Ram ("Promaster City") in the US+Canada market.

The products are there but the challenge is different, I figure.

How to water-down the car so that one can be cost-competitive against Jap and Korean featherlight, bling-y but without the engineering chops, cars/mpv-s?

And, the big one: will 'they' buy it in India, even if it is better (which of course it IS), and at a competitive price?

Mefeels Fiat should leave the a-, b1, and functionalist (mpv) segments alone, since they get good revenues via the Tata JV and via Maruti diesels from these segments in any case.

And concentrate on more unique, even somewhat 'enthusiast-oriented' cars: ie., the smaller, cheaper Jeeps (Renegade+C-Suv), Linea re-facelift, Avventura t-jet, Abarth Punto t-jet, in 2016 all-new Linea replacement, in 2016/17 all-new Punto with knockout engines+weightloss etc.

And that beautiful thing, even if a bit expensive: the new 500X!?;)

There's no point competing with the Japs and the Korean on generic grounds, because you will not succeed. Why not just stick to and make a virtue of the Fiat DNA: Italian styling and design, Euro-spec engineering and build, characterful drive characteristics....and yet affordable prices?
  8. santhukp

santhukp Amatore

Bangalore
    No need to scratch our head for Fiats flop show in India.Just visit one of the Bangalore Dealer ship( I dont want to mention Dealership Name here)and asks for any accessories or spare parts.They spoils our mood with the first eye contact itself :(.I am a victim of it today just 30 mins back.

And you can predict what they could have told to me ,if you are an existing Fiat car owner.:p
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Ya, it's true that most dealerships of most brands, esp Fiat, don't really stock many accessories, since demand for them is very limited. Also, I guess over-the-counter spares sales aren't likely either, now, are they, whatever the CCI may say.

For that and better prices? order from 99rpm.com or from Kava Motors, Mumbai.
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    In the spirit of pioneering internet gossip and speculation, very informed though!:

Motorbeam, a good, steady, knowing and enthusiast's auto site, reports that Maruti is putting off the launch of the SX4 Cross till after the budget.

Now, excise duties have recently reverted back to the earlier rates. Now, we also know that the prospects for the GST are much improved now that the main opponent of it (the BJP and the Gujarat government) is in the saddle, and pushing it, from a position of strength the UPA lacked.

This tells me that Maruti (and therefore Fiat) is especially interested in (a) a removal of the sub-1.5 litre excise duty concession for diesel engines in the upcoming budget and/or (b) clarity on the GST rates for the same when the GST finally comes later in the year or next year.

We can be sure the usual suspects (Mahindra, Tata etc) will also be lobbying to have that concession withdrawn. Especially in exchange for the recently re-raised higher duties, and/or a higher GST rate.

Putting 2 and 2 together to make 7 or maybe even 10 :)p): the FM and the budget will decide the fate and the timing of the arrival of the 1.5/1.6 mjd.

My bet? the FM, like all FMs in India, has under-taxed and over-spent/borrowed. So: concessions to these automakers is unlikely. The 1.5litre rule will remain. And therefore: the 1.5/1.6 mjd will come only next year, in 2016, once there's certainty about GST, either in Maruti-s and/or in Fiat-s/small Jeeps?:(