1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What FIAT needs to do to sell more

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Ideally, linea should have been the 'Sedan of Semi urban & rural India '
    I told the SE to give feedback to Fiat from my side that they need to demonstrate that Linea doesn't scrape it's underbody on humps, doesn't crash its suspension on potholes.
    Mere' best in class GC 'advertising is not going to help there. Because rural folks may not be knowing meaning and usefulness of GC.

also, they should train local mechanics to carry out small repairs of the cars coupled with mobile van expert support to them.
    Also, they need to develop an app for the owner to self diagnose the problem.
    Dr. Fixated, dadasaheb and prabhjot like this.
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @acechip

Don't know about Maharashtra, but i do a bit about Punjab, Dilli and Haryana. JEEP is a success waiting to happen in these parts, given the...er..'masculine' performative styles preferred here. ;-)

And I wouldn't discount their ability to outshine if not Mercedes with the M- and the GL-classes then possibly the 'wimpy' Audi Q-s and especially BMW and Land Rover when it comes to sales.

I'd love to see and buy the 500X here at 14-15 lakhs say, but if not that: the Jeep Renegade. But, I realize it's not going to happen, this marketplace will not allow a Fiat @ d1 prices to sell, no matter how unique and excellent it is (like the 500X). Not for a while.

And so I hope the Renegade comes eventually at those prices in time for my next wheels! Will stick to the t-jet engine though, that's for sure. ;-)
  3. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    IMHO, FIAL should stop selling all its petrol engines except Tjet. The other engines are just too underpowered compared to competition.
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    They are not: the 1.4 fire is right amongst the competition when it comes to power and torque (on the Evo and Avventura). The cut-price 1.2 Fire actually sells decently enough for Fiat. The 1.4 Fire was underpowered on the Linea relative to competition but they now only offer the t-jet on the Linea, so weak Linea sales suggest that the engines are not the issue much at all.
  5. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    add to it they are not fuel efficient either.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 24, 2014 ---
    so i think its time to replace T-Jet with 1.4 FIRE so that it can be sold 1 lakh cheaper to MJD ?
  6. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    One of my friends said that do not buy fiat because you never know when they will discontinue a model and leave the owner destitute.
    However I told him that now they have invested a lot on infrastructure and and abrupt discontinuation is less likely.
    dadasaheb likes this.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    If they discontinue it maybe due to lack of demand correct. But I think if 1.4FIRE sells it is more profitable than T-jet for Fiat. I suppose manufacturing T-jet is expensive also due to drive-train improvements and so is the pricing higher to recover the same.
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    This just shows a general ill-informed lumping-together of all European car companies together. Fiat has never abruptly discontinued models: the opposite in fact, they've kept models going with refreshes (Palio onwards). They were earlier deficient in spares and ASS support for the Palio and its derivatives, but like Ford they've shown a continuity in this market, unlike Peugeot, Opel, Chevy (Forester) or even Skoda (Fabia).

This the very definition of herd-thinking in this market. This sort of logic is why the stronger players keep getting stronger while the smaller ones struggle. A vicious cycle: low sales-->less 'confidence' by new buyers-->low sales-->
  9. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    lack of advertising is also there, i remember the ads of UNO and Sieana even that were 10-12 years ago, but can not remember any advt. except the Linea ad in which the indian shows auto headlamps and wipers to his friend coming from abroad.
  10. acechip

acechip Superiore

Who should break this vicious cycle ? Fiat India themselves. They have no choice but to ensure a barrage of consumer education through various channels.
    prabhjot, dadasaheb and Aviral singh like this.