1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What FIAT needs to do to sell more

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Punto Evo 1.3
    I faced the same problem when I had asked for a test drive of a petrol EVO. I never got the same. I have got hoarse saying in this forum that since you are lagging and not leading the pack you have to do things differently, starting with being more receptive to customer's needs for instance.
    Honestly other manufacturer's are not waiting for FIAT - they are already making inroads into what was FIAT's USP.Let us be honest here for a change. If we take fanboism apart which I do not understand then the Polo has the most powerful engine in their segment by far (diesel) and they are also the only ones who have true sporty hatchbacks (the GT versions) in India. The Hyundai Elite i20 is a beautiful car (beauty is always subjective - I mean folks find Deepika not pretty) and the 1.4 CRDi is a good engine too. Hyundai is recently developing turbo charged engines and at this rate 5 years down the line we might be driving their turbo-chargers in India.

Personally as a human being I respect persons or organizations that try instead of living in a egoistic dream world. FIAT never did that and is not doing that.
    For me, I enjoy my Punto now and 5 years down the line when I have more money :)P hopefully) I will migrate to something better - whoever provides me that even if it is Hyundai :D
    Tarun and punto11 like this.
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Nothing succeeds like success: a cheesy aphorism but true when it comes to car sales in India. i.e., both the dealers/salespeople and FASS will improve once/if/when sales improve. Everything from morale to employee (sales managers, technicians etc) retention is a function of revenues and profits.

We keep thinking of it as being the other way around: first improve dealers and ASS and then sales follow. True enough, but Fiat have to, via the Evo and Avventura's marketing (continuing well into next year), rather than discounting, boost sales turnover at the dealers' and FASS. And try to turbocharge the Linea's sales next year with changes to the car, its engine etc.

They have managed to break the vicious cycle (bad dealers+ASS <---> low sales) by setting up independently from Tata. The next phase is to get a virtuous cycle going, however slow: higher sales <---->better dealers+ASS
  3. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Not serious about buying??? First up all this attitude of SA is not acceptable. SA here to sell the product not to check the mindset of the customer. @Revv which deal you have contacted for test drive. You need to give this feedback of dealer as well as SA to Fiat India. As these people are killing Fiat;s potential customers.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    #What FIAT needs to do to sell more #

Come out of the Linea and Punto's era.
    Raj_pol, amogh, mchanna and 2 others like this.
  5. ViPr

ViPr Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I agree, they need to do a lot on Sales part. I took my friend to test drive Punto. During discussion, SA just asked me about my car which was parked outside, Sir is that a modified Punto? I have Punto Sports with factory fitted decals. I had to explain him that this Sports was a limited edition launched a year ago. He just replied 'oh ok'. I felt so embarrassed in front of my friend. He was keen on explaining only Finance/EMI options available without much focus on features of the car. May be thats all he knew :mad:
  6. Revv

Revv Amatore

Chinchwad, Pune
    Chinchwadgaon Pune
    Linea 1.4
    I have already given feedback to FIAT. Honestly even I have lost interest now ... People do ask me about my car and FIAT in general and now a days reply from me is not a favorable one to FIAT...

OTOH following might make a good commercial for FIAT Punto ! :D

Murphy_Fiat, acechip and rishike007 like this.
  7. acechip

acechip Superiore

If only the creative geniuses at Fiat India ever thought about this..
    abhiiceman likes this.
  8. abhiiceman

abhiiceman Amatore

My dads friend drove my parents in our punto for about 50kms in city and he was all praise for our Grande Punto itseams. BTW he owns Verna don't know if fluidic or old one, but he said car is awesome with super isolation and good to drive..
    Lol I guess fiat should go to each persons house and offer a test drive to make them fall in love with fiats.
    kunwar.g, prabhjot and Murphy_Fiat like this.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

I have been regularly providing the feedback to Fiat (Balaji Fiat Thane) that one way to increase the sales is building a relationship with the existing customers. The more you care about them the more the word to mouth will spread the good things of Fiat car. The more you neglect the existing customer, the more you bad market the product. Fiat needs to get one thing straight is Indian customers are somewhat emotional fools, they give the logic a damn. We all love a bit of pampering, getting felt important. If a neighbour or a relative owned a Fiat, the first review will be taken from them and then from the other owners. So even a technically perfect Fiat Punto/Linea will lose out to the mass market car such as Swift/i20. Hope Fiat will not do the same mistake for the Avventura it did with the Punto & Linea.
    vayfiat, prabhjot and asimpleson like this.
  10. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

That sums it up - :) Dear FIAT - Diwali gift for you - advice for free. I hope they do read all that we write in this forum.
    zenwalker likes this.