1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What FIAT needs to do to sell more

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Jul 30, 2010.

1. singh

singh Amatore

Mohali
    HERE in chandigarh , sector 48 market ,Regarding Punto Air filter , oil filter , fuel filter ALL OEM , they say they get those from delhi and available in plenty and mechanics are readily available .
    We Fiat people should feel special , its not much on roads , and those who refused to buy fiat , in some corner they feel jealous , so they talk stupid about after sales etc etc . Every brand has problem at sometime or other in providing spares . I own a Swift and i know how much it takes mentally and physically to get car serviced . There is so so much rush at every service station of Maruti . Maruti sells 1 lakh cars each month , BUT i don't think their service is expanding like that, Its still limited .
    Its takes a courage to go against the wind , and risk hard earned money on brand which is struggling .
    I m quite sure once Fiat gets settled , its base will rise like anything .
    Beside that Fiat should organise some competitions Like Racing , Modified High Performance Punto Races, Bring ABARTH in scene , Let people see 280HP twin Turbo Punto . Be it Performance or Comforts We are undisputed Kings .
  2. Hi, I haven't discarded on Punto, am almost in the final stages for the booking. I dont really want to go in for a loan, already a loan repay is going on, so am mobilizing funds now.

what i am concerned about is not the usual service, but stuff like breakdown service, getting stranded on the road n all. that IS a concern for someone who lives nearly a 100 km from service centres.

but what i've got is something like the TFI, where i can post my worries and queries and get some expert opinion.
  3. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut

I think breakdown in between the trips happens rarely for fiat vehicles. :cool: so no need to worry go for Punto
  4. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Yep, FIAT FAN is bingo here. Keep it maintained & it should never miss a beat.
    There are obviously exceptions to everything but FIAT also provide free road site assistance so don't worry.
    There could be some 10-15mins delay in reaching to a stranded car as compared to Maruti N/W but that's it.
    Punto is just too good to be avoided for these reasons if you weighing these 2 factors for a conclusion.
  5. My conclusion n decision is made purely based on what i want, and not exactly what i need. And punto is what i want. if u ask me what i need, it's a sedan like the Verito at 7 lakhs. big car, bigger boot, leg space, better mileage. i'm willing to forego all these just for the beauty Punto. maybe in mileage punto comes closer to verito. I'm a passionate person, and Fiat is a car full of passion. Verito is for the mature, safe-playing ones. I'm not a racer, but i love being in a beautiful car, and feeling it on my hands, feet, and heart. you cant get everything in a car. if it is so, why not get a car u love n are passionate about? and extra km mileage is nothing in comparison to what u feel.

BTW, my dad-in-law is applyin pressure on me to go for the new dzire. now, this is the guy who hated maruti cars, and had cars like ikon, aveo and now, a verito. back in 2009, i had booked a dzire (the initial, bigger one), and he reprimanded me for that. anyway, i cancelled it due to long waiting period, and kept my zen with me. he used to hate maruti like anything. but when i uttered Fiat, now Maruti is heaven for him. there is some point in what he says about service closeness, and utility value of a bigger boot in dzire. but i'm different, i told him.

just now, got a text from me asking whats the certified mileage figures of punto n new dzire. i know its not a question, but a hint. Still, wifey is all with me in going for a punto.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2012
  6. maverick

maverick Amatore

The new Desire is only as big as a Punto, so even though it is a sedan, it is not going to give you all the benefits of a sedan. I have done 15k kms in 9 months in my Punto through all possible roads of Kerala, touchwood never faced any breakdown issues. So if you like Punto just go ahead and buy it. If you ask me which color to choose, Punto looks best in Exotica Red :)

My overall average mileage till now is 16.75kmpl (city + highway) with AC on always.
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  7. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    I just checked out the new Dezire with 150 new features and the diesel variant has got 8 months waiting period already. In all honesty it can't be compared with Punto by any patch. The boot is small and the parcel tray can't be removed unlike the Punto to load more luggage. The rear bench is Punto is bigger and more comfortable than Dezire. I seriously don't understand the placement of this car - It lacks the boot space of premium hatchbacks, nor matches the leg room of Verito/Etios. It looks like a confused child from the Maruti portfolio.
  8. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    If you like the Punto, Then no thinking back, just go ahead and get it puntoing round, take your Dad-in0law for a test drive on the bumpy roads and the curves, later check the test on the new dejire, Even though he favors dejire then i have nothing to SAY.....
    But if your are just taking your foot back from FAT only for the A.S.S, then your heart will cry everytime the Grande zips round you. FIAT is all gearing up for the separate A.S.S.
    Myself never face any issues on the road.......
  9. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    FIAL, the right time to increase the Brand Value here in India! Launch BRAVO asap!

FIAT India, if you are following TFI this is the right time to increase the FIAT's brand value here in India.

No matter how many cafe's you open, Fiat still has a very bad reputation here in India, when compared to all the brands except ''Premier''. So that ''won't'' help in anyway! They always say opportunity strikes once! And I think FIAT India has just got the ''Biggest'' opportunity to be back with a BANG!

Recently, Mercedes launched the B-Class with 1.6l Turbocharged Petrol Engine, which IMO is a bad move with soaring fuel prices, here in India.

FIAT, you just need to exploit this move of Mercedes and use it to your own ''Advantage'' !!!

HOW? Just launch the BRAVO, in four variants only! And bring it as CBU.

1) BRAVO 1.4 T-jet 120HP Dynamic Dualogic (16-17L)
    2) BRAVO 1.4 T-jet 150HP Dynamic Sport (17-18L)

3) BRAVO 1.6 MJD 120HP Dynamic Dualogic (18-19L)
    4) BRAVO 1.6 MJD 165HP Dynamic Sport (20-22L)

Mercedes hasn't yet launched the B-Class with diesel mill. And they just have 2 variants. And one among them is Sport.

BRAVO ''SPORT'' both 1.4 Tjet and 1.6 MJD will definitely be an better option when compared with B-Class Sport. 1.6 MJD 165hp would easily smoke the competition away!

[TABLE="class: outer_border, width: 500, align: center"]
    <tbody>
    SPECIFICATION

BRAVO

B-CLASS

Length(mm)

Width(mm)

Height(mm)

</tbody>[/TABLE]

Advantage of BRAVO over B-CLASS:

- More variants in offer.
    - Value for Money, with the base version starting at less than 20L.
    - More powerful engine, with revolutionary semi-dualogic transmission.
    - Availability of fuel-efficient and powerful Diesel Engine, 1.6MJD with 165hp, with 360Nm of torque at a mere 1750rpm!

Advantage of B-CLASS over BRAVO:

- Brand possession.
    - Euro 5 emission levels. Bravo has Euro 5 emission levels only for 1.6 MJD and not for 1.4 T-Jet.
    - Better fuel efficient turbocharged 4 cylinder inline 1.6 liter petrol engine.

Obviously, BRAVO won't sell in huge numbers. But when compared to the B-CLASS, definitely it could sell easily sell around 200 units per month. And since both are CBU, people won't find BRAVO to be over-priced when compared to B-CLASS.

Not just launching BRAVO would do favors in increasing the brand value. Huge adds in top magazines and new-papers, televisions and radio. And teasers before 1 month of launch.

During launch, compare BRAVO with B-CLASS in news-papers for one complete page, mentioning each and every advantage and features that BRAVO has over the B-CLASS. And do highlight the ARAI certified mileage for 1.6 MJD in huge font size.

FIAL i kindly request you to think hard over this. A detail report could also be made on this.

Thank you!

Bravo3.jpg

b1.jpg

Bravo4.jpg

Bint.jpg
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
    2 people like this.
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Thread Merged.