1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What FIAT needs to do to sell more

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Jul 30, 2010.

1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Guys, I think this is something wrong with Human Psyche rather than an organization. Everyone makes hay while the sun shines. Maruti/Hyundai/Honda had the reputation getting up early once upon a time & they sleep now till late noon.
    I am sure FIAT were do the same, had it been in the place of Maruti/Hyundai/Honda. Everybody takes the advantage & milk an average consumer at the end of day when it comes to A.S.S.

Yep, having stated above, thing that one has to accept that when it comes to sell car as a package, FIAT is way ethical & doesn't milk the customers like others do (you see they can do it actually). They have maintained the quality/aspects of their cars like crazy again all tides even when their products & A.S.S are least preferred choices among buyers:up.
    1 person likes this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    You are 100% correct. It is indeed very much hyped up. In my 4 years of ownership of Getz, I never had a wonderful service experience with them. For the 20K service, the total bill was 10k+. They added all sorts of items in the list, engine oil cost, labor cost, engine decarbonization, etc, etc. But, still Indians believe that Maruti/Hyundai service costs are cheaper. May God bless them to come out of their ignorance.
  3. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

& people think that it's good customer service;) that Hyundai is providing:evilsmile.

A hot seller will never provide the good customer care, why it should? It would try its best to create an illusions of best service though & people fall into it. They limit people's vision & people set standards to what they have listened (& they think that it's thought out by them only). Actually they are not "thinking" but they are "listening". How?

They are listening to the projections of electronic media, banners, advertisements, sales, promotions, the herd mentality & obviously the visual frequency of the products. That is "listening with Mind not ears". It's psychologically proven fact that if anything is visualized/heard 64200 times, it becomes the reality for right brain/conscious part of our mind:mrgreen:.
    Gosh, it makes sense now why Maruti/Hyundai/Honda's are best:thumbs down. It's also termed as "being hypnotized" or "being in Trance". I don't mean any personal attacks but it signifies "Low IQ". People with low IQs are very easily hypnotizable & that's another proven psychological fact:grin:. So @FIATians, you must be having good IQs;).
    Let's be encouraged by "FIAT not being everyone's choice":p.

Ignorance is a curse, let's avoid it:)!
    2 people like this.
  4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I have seen today in the web page of Fiat-India that they have arranged for the Valentine's Day (Italian Style) with the welcoming Italian coffee with a Test drive of 2012 Hulks.
    And many more on the day to entertain,
    Hope it has pulled huge crowd and few buyers for the Italian beauties......
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Hyndai service is never cheap. We have a getz in our family and it had fuel leak(2 times), central locking problem, silencer leak(got it fixed by locagaragege), and the dash board quality is pathetic. After 4 years it started sticking. It is now like a melted rubber. I also know one of mcolleagueses santro which got silencer replaced once and now again it got another leak.
  6. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    It's the same with Maruti. For my SX4, they flushed the engine oil and decarbonized at the 20,000kms service mark! Flushing was done again at 30,000kms! I don't know about service costs for small Maruti's but the SX4 costs about Rs.5K per service which is on par with with other C segment sedans. Of course, after the 30K service engine flush, I had to tell the service center what exactly I wanted to be done.

Moral of the story is there are two ways of ensuring cheap service from Maruti, Hyundai & even Honda:

1.) Don't buy the car in a corporate name.
    2.) Go personally to give the car for service or tell the person taking the car & the service center guys exactly what you want.

Maruti & Hyundai ASC's resort to things like flush for engine & gear oil , brake cleaning, brake pad replacement frequently and this jacks up the cost of service.

The Honda dealer used Synthetic oil in my City for the 5K & 10K kms service. Now I specifically tell them to use mineral oil.
  7. hey, when people crib about the poor service of Fiat, it's not mostly the service experience they have in mind. it's the proximity and availability of enough service centres. maruti n hyundai have umpteen service centers, which is a sigh of relief to the customer that wherever he goes, he can find a service center if something goes wrong with the car. the average indian takes his family for trips, and will be worried if he gets stranded on the road, with family. this is something that plays in maruti/hyundai's favor. there's some help, though expensive, available. in the case of Fiat, it's a bit worrying that all the usual TATA centers cant service Fiats. around my place we have at least 5-6 TASS's in like 4-5 km radius. but for a Fiat servicing TASS, i need to drive 92-93 km. this is something thats worrying me too, and i am in the process of buying a Punto. Now, can Fiat do something about this.

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

for myself, who's using a Zen LXi, i've never really known customer satisfaction at any Maruti ASS. they've charged me highly, and even stolen my floor mats, replacing them with old ones at my FIRST FREE SERVICE, mind you - and shrugging they cant do anything about it now - cuz the mats got swapped with another zen, which they cant locate - i complained to the maruti higher ups, no action, no communication. they have stolen stuff from my car like headlight bulbs, first aid kit, tools like spanners, the triangular breakdown warning sign etc. when i complained that my first aid kit was missing, instantly they gave me another one without any probing, cuz they knew they had stolen it thinking i wouldnt notice. in the case of the two spare headlight bulbs along with the car, they said they can give only one spare, and gave me one. still, these things suck, cuz it's the car you paid for, and if i hadnt noticed all these, i wouldnt know where these went, after say, 2 months.

when i gave car for basic service, they changed stuff like indicator bulbs etc, without informing me. and gave me a bill incl all these. when i enquired, they said, sir, indicator bulbs were not working - and i KNEW they were working. there was no use complaining as these guys were adamant. the next time onwards, i particularly tell them - NOT TO DO ANYTHING WITHOUT INFORMING ME - even vacuuming.

Maruti ASS really sucks.
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  8. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    People are really dumb headed i dont know Y Y Y they favour maruti and hyundia/honda so much, without comparing it with the other brands,
    I remember when i took Grande Punto, my uncle who has a desire asked me why took this car , when this fiat is having a engine of desire, I told him Uncle if your words are true i will sell the car today itself not to worry for the resale, and take desire, But if your statement is wrong will you do the opposite????, he was shockeddddddddd
    I told him UNCLE your desire is running on fiats engine,not only desire, the sx4,swift Diesel, ritz Diesel also having a FIAT's heart, Does maruti makes DIESEL Engine????????
    I took him for a drive on the Expressway, the speed was 115, i told him to have a glance at the meter, he was shocked, he said its rock solid,
    Another uncle having city told me that if you would have asked me before taking, i would have nefver advised you for Fiat, My advice would be Hyundai/suzuki/Honda.
    I cut his discussion saying uncle if i was there when you booked the city, i would have told you go for Linea/T-jet who has more options than city and build to last.........
    Thats what i mean to say, people just follow the Herd and blindly blash the cheap products..............
    1 person likes this.
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Based on my experience so far, would say that you will be doing a big mistake if you discard punto for this reason alone.Servicing could be 90 Kms away but you don't need to travel everyday. There is biggest 15000 KMs interval & with city driving doesn't matter how much one drives, one will struggle to avail any servicing before 6 months. Educating yourself a bit on small maintenance on Punto will even help you more. I was having problem with delayed turbo spool since last 100-200 KMs which is understandable because car has completed 11500 KMs today. Just opened the air filter, cleaned it with compressed air (Man, did the dust came out:eek:o!!). It's back to it's normal now & i avoided a useless trip to TASS.
  10. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Srinagar
    Linea T-Jet
    Dear All,Yes, I've seen even Swifts,WagonRs being serviced by roadside mechanics. The availability of spares at roadside shops is an advantage to these people. I'm not getting some simple things from the so called Tata-FIAT JV dealers for my-Palio, but still I stand strong with FIAT as their fan. I wish FIAT flourishes in India.
    Drive Safe,
    Shah,S A