1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What FIAT needs to do to sell more

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Jul 30, 2010.

1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Humm... That's one valid point. For a guy like me it doesn't matter. I don't couple myself too much with music while driving so hardly bother. But for some-one who likes it when driving, sure it's a back-draw, i agree.

For water leakage, electrical problems, i think FIAT has been overtly & unfairly in the limelight whether it's Europe/India or some where else. It will be a nightmare for Japanese/Koreans (Chinese actually), real businessmen of automobile industry. They would never want an average consumer to be too much aware of the fact that a CAR can be passionately loved & can become family member indeed. That would nail them into coffin for eternity so media attitude weighs more than a car actually. That's why under-rated are best actually. More like "Earn the reputation of getting up early & sleep till late noon for the rest of life". :p. These problems are everywhere & actually frequency is more in other cases. it's not a surprise that FIAT is never known for making wonderful CARs & one of the pioneers, instead known as making flimsy switches, handles, paddles, cups, plates, spoons, Knife, Mugs whatever:A. People loose purpose when they go to a car-dealership & end up buying good stereo, kitchen stuff, chairs with cushions & some electrical accessories:thumbs down.

I can't ignore the purpose of a car being agreed to all your statements. It doesn't hurt if the rest of the stuff is good & it is pretty OK if not GOOD:confused.
    1 person likes this.
  2. sungoa2010

The rubber beading on both side of left door came out after two days. I agree with jayadev on it. But more than a manufacturing defect I think(or like to believe) it as a compromise. What I feel is that the look is of ultimate importance and there are few things compromised for it.
  3. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    If more sale is the purpose of this thread then such fancies cannot be ignored.Passion and fanboyism should not be blinding . yes it would be welcome if they could offer fiat mug a fiat keychain italian accessories.. at least if it can attract one buyer .sure. but look what they are doing, selling a small time keychain for rs.1550...lol..is it a joke come on..where are we in India or Antartica ?

do not bring "jealousy point " of how Japanese and koreans are doing, whatever they can do they are doing at their best. and fiat , whatever they could they might have never even thought about it.
    Look at volks wagen .how well they have established in India. Indians are buying VW products with eyes closed. in short span of time I see more polo than i20 ..WoW factor!!

not only the beading. I lost my temper when I started hearing rattles..can you believe that ..I wonder who the hell the guys were who convinced me initially that fiat cars are well built and does not rattle...it does.. rattle like any other cars in the segment. not only from a single source but from lot many places . now the window panes are creaking while they move up or down -surprise all 4 of them ,suspensions squeaks as if they lost all pneumatic system out of order-all this within one year-what quality is fiat offerings?

That sounds like a sarcastic statement from TASS technician, which I hear all the time
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2012
  4. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Okkk. I am driving my Punto 160 Kms a day in local Delhi between two extreme ends & toughest conditions for a car one could imagine. Hardly remain into 4th for a 5 mins continuously. One side driving time is around 2 hrs 30 mins at least with an average speed of 23 km/hr - 25 km/hr. Let me see when my Punto make me hear first rattle & starts frustrating me as you are. 10650 kms extreme conditions for a car in 3 & 1/2 months with most of the distance covered in 2nd & 3rd gear. Endurance wise, it's an equal test 40000 Kms of highway. I will let you know when i hear the first rattle or any other issue. I can't for-see the future but i have alreaady driven in some extreme ways that even best of cars would have started rattling. My thought is "FIAT is not synchronizing with you even though you like it a lot". One does come across such situations in life when even best combinations don't work. There is slew of cars that you can opt for. I personally don't have tendency to get along something that i am not happy with or can't feel passionate about, Whether it's my work, car, personal life, friends & whatever comes across. Stop punishing yourself & do something to get rid of it:!: that's my advise!!
  5. anoop

anoop Superiore

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2012
  6. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

what I am going to write is little off topic , but still its for the people who crib about fiat ASS.
    I have my cousin's new fludic Verna which has run only 8k kms. With this short run itself some major rattling is observed in the front dash,And the rear suspension makes a squeaking noise when the rear seats are on full load.So yesterday took it Trident Hyundai and asked those guys to check.
    Now comes the best part,which is listed below.(M-Myself,T-Technician)
    M:-Can you please check that noise?
    T:Takes the Vehicle for road test.Drives in a funny manner as if he is preparing for a F1 race.
    M:-We need to make some guys sit at the rear, then only we can listen to that noise.
    T:-Sir not required , I can find out without rear passengers also.
    M:-At least take it on uneven roads.
    T:-Takes it on very smooth newly laid tar roads.
    M:-You wont be able to reproduce it if you drive on these kind of roads.
    T:-barely spends 5 mins and tells , there is no problem in suspension and it might me dust accumulated in rear springs which may cause the noise.(what the hell!!He din even reproduce the issue and commenting about the problem:chair:)
    M:-I asked him , whats the solution?
    T:-Needs a pressure wash which will drove away the mud.
    M:-Ok , please do it and show it.
    T:-Sir wash center not free, booked for a week:confused:.
    M:-i don't have the pressure washer, need to go for a long trip ,let me know what to do?
    T:-Sir carry on with long trip, no problems.When you leave it for service we will rectify it.Can't look in to these small issues separately.
    M:-Even my friend who has ANFV is facing suspension issues.
    T:-sir, Verna's suspension is best in the segment.If not why would it sell like a hot cake:boxer.
    M:-Thought will speak to higher management later as I was in a hurry and left.

When I took my punto to concerde for minor rattles, the technician spent almost 2 hrs by taking a road test and identified the problem. He even explained me the issue.They even listen to minor issues and give their best to solve them.This is how so called Famous and friendly Hyundai ASS operates compared to so called Horrible fiat ASS.
    5 people like this.
  7. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

@Gops Creative: Very true... even the similar things were observed at Honda Service Center when i went to get my dad's car serviced. they were too over confident about the product that never excepted that the vehicle has the issue.

With FIAT even though it's TATA ASC but still they listen to you., only difference is that you don't get to sit in AC with coffee and tea being served.
  8. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Thats true, But seriously who wants to compromise on their beauties bought by hard earned money for a cup of coffee and dumb receptionists who just know to give a smile.I am dam sure Hyundai is taking common man for a ride and the Indian herd mentality is surely fostering Hyundai in doing so.
  9. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    I have always believed that Hyundai service is hyped up. Even back in 2003 when I had a Santro and then upgraded to the Palio, I found Anuroop Fiat gave far superior levels of service then Sharayu Hyundai. Just like Fiat has earned a reputation for poor service, I feel, Hyundai is merely enjoying it's reputation as having good service. So many times in 'What Car' section, you always find people parroting away 'go for Hyundai / honda because service is great and spares are cheap.' Seems like for the Indian customer, first impressions are last impressions!

I have a City A/T alongwith the Punto and every service costs me approximately Rs.5000. Again, I always wonder how people claim to spend Rs.2500 per service on Civic's when the City costs me Rs.5000! I have tried servicing with two different dealer's and both times I spent about Rs.4,900. The dealers have also been insisting on changing the A/c Filter which they say is as per service schedule recommended by Honda (seems it has to be changed every 15,000 kms). The cost? About Rs.8000.
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  10. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

@Amit,Because of our Indian herd mentality itself companies like Hyundai,Honda and even Maruti is surviving.My friend gave an 2003 Zen for service 2 months back,the total labor charged was 5250 which includes paid service+Oil change+Wheel alignment and minor tasks (plenty in number).Now tell me in which part of the world Maruti's service is considered to be cheaper.I think a paid service for Punto with just oil change and other minor stuff will cost around 5k ,that too for a Diesel mill.Please Indians wake up!!FIAT is definitely not costly to maintain and no other company like FIAT honors replacement of parts under warranty.
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
    2 people like this.