1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What FIAT needs to do to sell more

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Jul 30, 2010.

1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

What FIAT should do to increase sales??
    Hmm.. I think nothing. I mean they are already doing what should have been done. how?
    To be more specific, I think Punto-Linea once again are about to rescue FIAT in India as well (Job is 50% done though & still in danger zone but with easier 50% to accompalish).They has given FIAT again an impossible looking oppurtunity for Indian market. Were it be for some other automaker, no way in hell!!
    A fiat owner was a matter of joke like he was the biggest idiot who owns a FIAT & looked upon like an "Extraterrestrial". There were not just enough amount of cars on road to help a 2nd thought. Today if someone sees a FIAt vehicles, after 5 mins or so, there you see one Punto/Linea again. Hence a slight doubt is catching mind of a mass consumer like "what if i am wrong about FIAT, let's have a look at Tata delaership? Later at Tata Dealership one decides that these are very good vehicles with nice looks & was i a stupid to be in those ugly. @@#$%^??"

This is presently the phase going on & mindset of Indian customer, IMO. What is the better proof than the sales bouncing back from 400/monts over last 4 months to back to 2100/month. That wasn't suppose to happen!! Yep sure, the GND clearance & some upgrades contributed as well but prices are also hiked so nothing special. It shows that Indian customer is keeping their mind "OPEN" as of now for FIAT, which was strictly "closed" otherwise. Obviously It took just some minor changes to their older models which everybody does. Yep, there are some gripes but which maker doesn't have? Moreover, i haven't experienced many FIAT owners who doesn't love their cars & want to get rid of them.

As i have been saying, don't expect red wine on a couch with Samba dance in front of you during your car service, if you happen to enjoy aftersales other than FIAT.One will have issues everywhere. Keep going like this FIAT for next 2 yrs & try for more & more Linea's/Punto's on roads. The more frequent the sights would be, the earlier you would shine back in Indian Auto sector. Just keep your after sales support maintained to the present level.Be thankful to your warrior princesses Punto/Linea as you are about to create critical mass/100th monkey syndrome in India.It will spread like an infection in yrs ahead.

@Jayadev:I love reading your posts buddy.Just read very lengthy post of your but when i recollect the summary, all i can remeber is A.S.S,A.S.S,,A.S.S, FIAT,FIAT,FIAT, Punto,Punto,Linea, Linea, Poor,Poor,Panel Gaps, Panel Gaps.
    Much Like when we think of Jammu-Kashmir, immediately you start buzzing words like Terror,Terror, Terrorism,Terrorism, Bomb,Bomb, Bullet,Bullet,Attack,Attack,Army,Army,Pakistan,Pakistan, Curfew,Curfew:helmet!
    Pls Keep them coming non-stop, i love reading FIAT's critics sp. when they are from a die hard FIAT Fan.

On a serious note,i would appeal all TFIans to associate such words less often as one can see what havoc they play with reader's subconsious where FIAT is associated with "BAD" & Maruti, Hyundai is associated with "BEST". One doesn't remember the whole post but these highly sensitive labels. I hope every FIATian wants FIAT to grow as fast as possible & it's right time to support our favorite automaker:wink:.
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
    6 people like this.
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Well I wasn't joking there,wherever you read.

I expected with the launch of new 2012 models, they will sort out the panel gaps and asymmetrical shut lines at least marginally.. but I am completely disappointed even the music system is crap and continues their saga.
    now let me know when a potential buyer takes a Test drive what all things will he consider first and what all will he observe in our fiat cars ?.

1. Interior looks and finish - 2/5
    2.ergonomics,chubby holes -2/5
    3.outside visibility-2/5
    4.driving comfort-2/5
    everything could be forgiven if
    5.engine response-2/5

this was my observation when I did first TD of punto90hp and I wasn't even aware of fiat much at those times. but I did buy it waiving all those issues because to me those were not major concern but something else..... but not same with all other out there.

coming back to ASS yes it goes "RAM BHAROSE" . my car body was literally ruined with dents and scratch marks all over. when you hand over your car to someone like in an authorized service centre peace of mind should prevail but here it is exactly contradictory .you loose whatever you had.
    next to FASS is Honda service center and one should see how fantastically they do their job.
  3. manjunathkl

manjunathkl Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.4
    So which cars in this segment gives better Music System? and How much better?

Give us examples of which other cars score 4-5 in your opinion. We all want to understand your scale. You must also include Ride, Handling, Safety etc in your ratings.

I am sorry to hear about the treatment your car got. Totally unacceptable. But I am afraid, thats not the trend. We all know TASS is not the best service providers, but they are not pathetic aswell. Just to give you an other contrast, there are a few honda owners equally frustrated with HASS just like you. There will always be for every brand. So I guess, it was some individual cases. You must fight to get your case heard and recover the damages.
    2 people like this.
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Do you expect names here but rest assured fiat could provide us with far better than what it comes with.

Hmm I don't thinks I need to mention names here. first hand experience .

BTW if other car manufacturer provided substandard does it means Fiat too should give us substandard products ?

safety part-let me know how do you measure that?

Presently fiat is in no position to generalize or compare.each and every minute mistake will push them towards door showing hell,and they seems to be living in oblivion.. let us hope this sales figure stays on.
  5. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

But you are mad about FIAT that makes you type such lengthy posts sidelining even important work, aren't you? The present car that is with you is an ecstasy which you never had with other vehicles, did you? You don't want to travel with Family & Friends other than in a FIAT now, do you? You are already worried about your next car (as applicable) if FIAT doesn't stay in India anymore, aren't you? You are sure with whatever service experience (good or bad), your car will be maintained, aren't you?

I know all answers already:up, just requesting that the last point shouldn't be the first one & most important. Yes include it but somewhere middle or down in the list. If FIAT will sell more, obviously after sales will only get better as FIAT India can invest on it's own. It won't be a burden on FIAT international. I think, it's slightly unfair to FIAT. We try to maintain an UN-biased view, but while trying to do that we end up reader take the -ve impression. So the question is What FIATians should do to sell more:p?

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Manju, Honda's spares cost kidney's & eye's man!! horrible. Not even Honda's but VW, Ford too. My friend had to delay his 2nd service of his Polo for 40 days (4000 Kms) because of budget constraint. Just because regular service & a few niggles cost him Rs. 24000. I was surprised what part did he get replace as his car was just fine? Actually i intentionally didn't ask because he asked about my 1st service experience & expenses which were Rs 900 (including rear wiper assembly which was lost while it was in parking). I thought that he might take it as a taunt:mrgreen:. I suggested him Punto when he was researching on cars but he never considered it even in his dreams. His 1st service cost him Rs. 8000:p. For Ford, situation is even worse.

So @Jayadev, don't worry. No doubt TASS people are less professional but you did make a mistake by not taking it up with Dealership Sr. Officials. You should have got it restored by now. Now stop cribbing about it, bring it's Aura back whatever it costs & update:up.
    2 people like this.
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    This thread is all about what fiat should do to sell more and being an fiat owner is my job to highlight pitfalls , not to write poetry on it (which I sometimes feels I should.. LOL)
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Sure, no doubt. You inner poet will immediately jump out in no time if you were asked to write a poem on FIAT A.S.S.:p
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thread: What FIAT needs to do to sell more

(Ooops..... below statement came in flow by reading the above posts)
    Custom built car as per customer requirements..... :D

@jaydev
    mine is emotion pack which comes with integrated blaupunkt system... and i love it :rolleyes: i'm not even thinking about upgarde....
    2 people like this.
  9. manjunathkl

manjunathkl Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.4
    @jayadev
    Statements like "Crap Music System", "outside visibility, driving comfort, engine response all 2/5", "each and every minute mistake will push them towards door showing hell"
    are all too derogatory. You need not write poetry, but you should not unduly insult a brand. It just spoils the decorum of the forum.

If you have justifying points, please bring it on. Just ranting won't lead to any intellectual discussion.
  10. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I have been yelling goodness of fiat all this time but they did not heed no I feel time to shout about negative side . I feel most of the people are sensitive to derogatory abuse rather than word of appraisal.

Music system is definitely crap and Blue n me is buggy -for one who only listen to radio news and it would be allright but for guys like me who is passionate about many things would wish if that kind of music system did not existed it would have been better.going into details is pointless here TFI has numerous posts depicting the same.

If fiat has to do some business they have to address -"outside visibility, driving comfort, engine response and of course panel gaps and fit and finish "-this is what India is looking forward to.