1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What FIAT needs to do to sell more

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Jul 30, 2010.

1. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Fiat Linea ad on yahoo... Comparison with Honda City...Good Move by Fiat...:clap:clap
  2. vinz

Get a Parallel Fiat sales and Service center across india thru other dealership. there should not be Tata. Tata only use fiat to get all the technologu transfered and has better sales of its own than FIAT, Wen a bad car TATA can be sold in 25K plus why cant a better Car be sold at Least 10k a month? Its really wierd i cant understand this at all.
  3. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Wrote a strong worded post on Carwale Forums, here it is,

"1+ to honest.indian- Linea has got best- in- class Ride quality, Handling, Brakes, Perfomance(honda is also good in this parameter) I hope that Interiors can become best-class in interior quality because New Facelifted Linea is going to be launched at 3rd January 2012. though interior quality is still better than Honda and the Ford, its still not as good as Hyundai, VW and Skoda. Linea has also got some great features which people don't know like Speed Sensing Wipers, Speed sensing Volume and even linea has got an Voice Command which is in the Fiat's Legendry and Best-in-class Bluetooth technology known as " Blue & Me" I mean there are so much features in the Linea that even I sometimes forget Some of the Features. Fiat Is coming with their own Brand Centres which no other Brand can think of.Fiat is giving 1.75 LAKH DISOUNT! Can you Imagine! the problem is with the people of INDIA they all are "Bhed Chal' kinda thinking of people. last year my friend was in a position of buying a car, I suggested him Ford Figo and Fiat Punto. then, he said," Ford to theek hai lekin FIAT! FIAT ki gaadi lene mein kitna khatra hai, nahi pata unki gaadi flop ho jaye aur woh boriya bister baand ke wapas Italy chale jaye.." I was like . did you know , Fiat is people's maruti in Brazil. they sell like hot cakes there. because its a proven and the BEST Brand there. but in india they are showing any interest, dont know why, Anyways, I would suggest Fiat Linea T-JET,If you Like the Car go get it, IF you don't like the car YOU WILL MISS ONE OF THE FINEST PIECE OF ENGINEERED CAR IN THE WORLD!

Saharsh Arvind Kumar Dixit.

at last! got some relief, my brain got lighter....
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
    2 people like this.
  4. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Fiat is only company , who gives much engine option in punto .
    They should discontinued the 1.2 fire and mjd , only sell the 1.4 fire and mjd90 bhp only , this saves alots of money of them...
    No other have 4 engine option , they why fiat do ? Swift comes comes with standard 90bhp mjd engine , where punto have two , why need this ? ( this my opinion only )
  5. Srini

Srini Regolare

amar, there isno 90 HP in maruthi. They sell only 75BHP vehicles.
    1 person likes this.
  6. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Sorry its for petrol varient...
  7. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Guys , why not fiat sells more ? Reason is wrong advice : please above link , one person states that punto is high maintaince car compare to i20, polo etc :p
    Which is a good car from Hyundai i20, Volkswagen polo, Fiat Punto?

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

Person name is RahulSingh and statement is :
    'IF you are comparing these three cars then you
    should go with Hyundai i20 or Volkswagen Polo
    but please don’t go with Fiat Punto. As it is a high
    maintenance car.'

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

Due to this kind of peoples Fiat repution is getting Bad..

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

( @mod : please do not delete link , its for reference only)

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

on other site , one member is comments that punto is not good handler after 100 speed ( punto 1.4 vs polo)
    is it joke?? We all know punto is one of the best car in handling department but still many peoles writting wrong word about it.
  8. mayank

mayank Amatore

can't say about any other part of india..But here in chandigarh or tricity..the number of gps on the road is definately increasing..There was a time some 7-8 months ago when you will hardly see 1-2punto on the road!!..And that was a time when i tld my friends and relatives about the car that i have bought,,they will make a strange expression and will also pronounce the "punto" in an awkward manner...But now whenever i go outside whether on a vehicle or have a walk roadside..i always see atleast 4-5 puntos in any area of the tricity..:p and also i notice atleast 1-2 Gps parked in many parking places!! So i can say that people overhere are definately getting aware of this italian beauty..but its a slow and steady progress by fiat!! What i my personal feeling is that..the hiked prices of petrol has somewhere favoured the fiat by making people giving a serious thought regarding gp and linea..because people were used to consider swift petrol over 1.2 fire due to low mileage as well as that myth of 1.2 fire being under powered...;) But since the demand is shifting from petrol vehicles to diesel vehicles..Here swift's eternal 6months waiting period did the trick..Now people want to explore for more options which they can get within weeks and without too much effort..So when they get to hear about swift running upon "MJD" something which officially comes from fiat armoury (after being a complete flop by experimenting with zen diesel and esteem diesel)..people have started showing some sign of confidence in fiat!! Now the rest of the work is upon fiat to up their reputation here in india by improving ASS as well as by introducing wide range of options for people just like chevy did by showcasing all the segments starting from as low as 3lks to as high as 15-20lks in front of indian customers!! This is how they will be able to fulfil the demand of the majority of car buyers in india..Also they need to be hyperactive by taking necessary actions regarding their customers feedback!! Thats how i believe will help them settle in indian market!
    3 people like this.
  9. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    You are right Mayank. Sales of Fiat in big cities is very good. I also have seen many Fiats in Chandigarh.

But its the sales in small cities that is a cause of concern. I see very few Lineas/Puntos or even Palios in Dehradun.
  10. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    The sales in small cities would pick up once FIAT can sell it cars in metros/big cities.

I am seeing a lot of Puntos/Lineas in Delhi & yesterday even saw a TJet+, the second one after mine in more than a year. FIAT must be doing something correct at last.