1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What FIAT needs to do to sell more

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Jul 30, 2010.

1. nav75

nav75 Amatore

Fiat needs a new engine to replace the existing 1.2L mill. With 8v and SOHC configuration it is not going to match the latest K-series and 1.2 Kappa engines from Maruti and Hyundai. And with the excise cut, you just can't ignore the 1.2L engine option in a hatch.

Improve the engine & a gearbox matted to it, and most of things will start falling in place.

Rest of stuff is already mentioned by people. Look at the reason why others are selling in huge numbers, low cost model + features. You can't fix the reputation overnight so get other things in place, like the quality of product, sales experience and improve after sales. Then the most important thing "publicity"/"marketing", without it even the best of products won't sell and brilliant marketing can make a not so good product also put sales cart on fire.
  2. sathya_sc

1. Aggressive marketing.. Fiat Pls explain the features you have in Linea and Punto in Advs. They are way above the competition.
    2. Exclusive area in showroom and competent staff to handle sales. Aggressive follow up.
    3. Clever engine options.. I think it will be good to see this line up.

Punto: Petrol:

1.2 Petrol (Base variant)
    1.4 T-Jet (Dynamic, Emotion and EP).. have optional safety features in Dynamic version.

Totally 4 variants

Pricing - 1.2 Active petrol (in the range of Swify Vxi)
    1.4 T-Jet Dynamic - Slghtly less than Mid i-20 Range
    1.4 T-Jet E/EP - Slightly less than 1.6 Fabia / Polo Territory

1.4 T-Jet in Punto will create exclusivity in terms of performance. I am sure it will sell like hot cakes.

Punto: Diesel

1.3 D FGT (Base variant)
    1.3 D VGT (Dynamic / Emotion / Emotion Pack)...have optional safety features in Dynamic version.

Pricing - 1.3 FGT - Slightly higher than Swift LDI (may be 20k)
    1.3 VGT Dynamic - Slightly less than mid variants i-20 League
    1.3 VGT E/EP - Slightly less than top End i-20 League

Linea Petrol

1.4 90PS (Only Active version)..
    1.4 T-Jet (Dynamic / T-Jet / T-Jet Plus).. provide Optional safety features in Dynamic version.

Pricing 1.4 90PS Active - Continue AS IS.
    1.4 T-Jet Dynamic (Equal to Vento Base variant pricing)
    1.4 T-Jet (current t-jet variant)- Should Fall in the Vento Petrol Top End Territory with 15" alloys.
    1.4 T-Jet + - Leave the customers to customize (Provide Leather and 16" alloys optional) - Will Fall in Honda City S territory.

Linea Diesel
    1.3 VGT (Active and Dynamic Trims).. provide safety features in Dynamic Version - target price consious buyers who do not want powerful diesels but need a good safety packed Diesel Sedan. Advertise that the current diesel is 93 PS and not 86PS. So faster 0-100 timings. Not a slough anymore.
    1.6VGT (Emotion and EP Trims) with atleast 110 PS and 250NM torque.

Pricing - 1.3 Active - To continue AS IS
    1.3 Dynamic with ABS - Price it at 9L OTR (in the territory of Verna Base variant)
    1.6 Emotion - ~9.8L OTR (Again in the City S category)
    1.6 EP - Slightly lesser than the Top end Vento D

FIAT.. You cannot be slow anymore. Hire some good guys who can analyze the "INDIAN" market and Strategize the Product pertfolio.. come out of introducing the Products AS IS of what you have in Italy. Indians want "more (fuel eff/performance etc. etc. for less". Customize as per the mind set of Indian Buyers.

Bring in the Chroma and Position it in 11-13 Lak segment, with a Diesel engine that is on par with Cruze. Wake up FIAT. Plsssss.... We cant see you die here.. :cry:
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    sathya, perfect. I fully agree with your suggestion above.
  4. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

i just like to add one thing to the good points that have been put by sathya sc. get 1.3 FGT replaced by 1.3 VGT in the Punto Active version. and add the dual tone central console. it justifies the price tag of 5 lakhs better. unless people buy it, such great machines are of no use. they will get rotten in Fiat's stock yard. if Punto FGT is to be available any how , keep it well below 5 lakhs tag.

Wake Up Fiat................we love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Absolutly correct Satya_sc.
    Good keep it up.
  6. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    Adding to what Satya has said -
    Get the dualogic Linea for both the TJET and the 1.6MJD.
  7. Now I feel that Fiat should invite the Fiat owners to the manufacturing plant every year and offer free goodies! Moreover, they should advertise the same in TVs, Internet, Newspapers etc! Trust me, it will surely help Fiat to improve the confidence in the buyers and it will attract the people too :D

PS: Pardon me if my suggestion sounds very 'absurd'!
  8. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    I believe it would be a very effective move. Making the owners/people/aam janta say good things about FAITs would definitely improve the perspective of Indian customers for FIAT.
  9. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Punto shud be spruced up by some new colors. metallic colors may look brilliant.
  10. gurus

gurus Amatore

Have 1 question with what Satya_sc said.
    If they bring in T-jet from dynamic version onwards, won't the prices go up?
    1) T-jet is an imported one
    2) What will happen to current FIRE petrol engine manufacturing plants?
    If the price is increased from current price, I don't think people will be interested in punto/linea.
    P.S- This is my opinion only and I'm just trying to bring in cost factor as well.