1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What FIAT needs to do to sell more

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Jul 30, 2010.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @gopscreative any source for this information. I didnt read this information on any website. Everyone is saying that it will be launched in 2013.
  2. With the TATA Fiat JV, shouldn't Fiat share the 1.6 MJD to the Tata manza and Vista too? If that happens the party would be spoiled. But still I am confident Vista / Manza doesn't have the muscle to hold a 1.6 in them. Along with that the Freemount to take on XUV and Aria or even higher segment SUVs and the Idea Adventure / Uno Adventure to take on the Xylo/Duster etc would make the game more interesting.
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Kedar - Even I heard that Evo is scheduled for March 2012, However 1.6 MJD isn't making to India anytime soon is what I was told.Also heard that Fiat has agressive plans for next year and any new launches is going to be towards end of 2012 or early 2013. The Auto Expo should give an clue, are you planning to visit Auto Expo?
  4. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Chicago
    Kedar,Officially there is no source to confirm.But the Sales Marketing manager at Concorde said that there are lot of meetings going on with Fiat officials and Punto EVO and Linea MJD 1.6 will make it up by next half of 2012.There are lot of ppl who have expressed their interests in 1.6 MJD for linea it seems. lets wait and see what our Fiat does next year:confused:.

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

Ha ha You are absolutely right.Vista and Manza with 1.6MJD:helmet
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @ Teky yes I am planning to visit Auto Expo 2012.

@ gopscreative even I am also thinking the same. FIAT India will launch Punto EVO with the same engine specifications what we have.
    Atleast FIAT India should launch 1.6 MJD in Linea to be in Lime Light.

Now I am also not considering Linea an option cause I have Fiesta 1.5 Diesel, Vento 1.6 Diesel, Verna 1.6 Diesel, Rapid 1.6 Diesel, Optra Magnum 2.0 Diesel. All these cars are in 8-10 lac price bracket.
  6. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Chicago
    Are you planning to buy a Sedan??
  7. All other cars mentioned by you are way better then Verna in handling and ride department,yes Optra magnum is VFM product.
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    No guys I have written what I am thinking and if I am not wrong most of the people are

I am not planning to buy a sedan as of now as I am happy with my 90HP. Whenever I plan to buy a sedan I will never buy a Linea 1.3 MJD, if its Linea then it should be 1.6 MJD orelse I will buy Chevy Cruze :) and which is my dream car (which is within my budget :lol)
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Punto 1.6 MJD is not very much required since 90HP is already a killer. Linea 1.6 will even bite some of higher segment cars. Fiat should try with a 1.2 Tjet on Punto since Indians are now addicted to 1.2 petrol engines. After seeing the getz sales I never thought that i20 will be a Hit. So We cannot predict anything just by considering the current sales.
  10. gurus

gurus Amatore

BLR/AZ