1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What FIAT needs to do to sell more

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Jul 30, 2010.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    A new face lift is very much needed for Linea and Punto to generate public focus again on fiat cars. With the existing sales it is very difficult, but not impossible. The biggest hurdle for Fiat will be VW because VW cars will be an alternate for Fiat cars because more or less they also concentrate on the strong points of Fiat cars where Japanese and Korien's miserably fail. I think this may be the reason why Linea sales has dropped. Even though Fiat cars are better than VW cars in most of the aspects Germans have superior marketing tactics. Another success of VW was that they took risk in sticking for quality than features, which has clicked in India. Now they are bringing out more features step by step. But Fiat has gone other way. They had features but their quality was not equally good in different aspects. they are solid cars with superior driving dynamics but their painting jobs, plastics qualities are not up to the mark. More over so many niggling issues like clutch slave cylinder failure, left pulling, AC problems etc etc eclipsed all positive qualities of the Fiat cars.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    But how can anyone facelift the Linea? :eek:

It's like trying to repaint Da Vinci's Mona lisa. :)
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Wonderful. There can't be a better comment.

Infact, I did go through the Fiat Brazil site to see what is facelifted in Linea. The truth is the facelifted Linea is not that good as the current one.
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I also visited the FIAT Brazil site but failed to make out any changes in the "facelifted" Linea. :? ::pP

Can anyone point out the changes made?

Cheers.
  5. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    What FIAT needs to do is to get out of the JV asap

and yes i couldn't find any major upgrades
  6. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    Now FIAT wants killing spirit, acting immediately and some josh. But unfortunately it is not observed from Top(FIAT Spa, Italy) to Bottom(Sales team in showroom)
    If FIAT wants to improve sales by 10% they have to do 100% as compared to what others are doing. For 20%increase it is 200% and so on. (In hindi "Chaddi Utarke Dena) ;)Whether they will be able to do?
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Personally I agree 100% with Gurjinder. But most of the public doesn't think the way we(Fiat lovers) think. This is what exactly reflect in the sales figures.
    Just look at Logan and Fabia.
  8. PuntoMJD

PuntoMJD Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Same experienced at Pandit Auto Pune Akurdi. Even for minor issue's we need to take appointment first. Without appointment they not allow your car at service center. I never faced such problems with maruti service station for my previous car (deserve to mention here)
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  9. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Very sorry to say,but,there is nothing Fiat can do(except improving the quality)to increase the sales,it's all in the mindset of the Indian public,say,for instance even if Innova was sold with a FIAT badge,it will not sell.So,it's all in the (beautiful)badge!
  10. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Chicago
    Fiat listen to this carefully!! Fire all of your management and recruit Team Fiat members!! They can run the comapny way better compared to your illogical and dumb heads!!