1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What FIAT needs to do to sell more

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Jul 30, 2010.

1. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Well something same happened to me as well. But I didn't keep quiet & complained [loudly] to FIAT India. And guess what - Action !
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    rsinfo what was Action????
  3. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    FIAT sent my email to every dealer in Delhi. When I went to Rama Motors, the sales superviser recognised me & told me that Directors meeting was going on regarding my mail !

Last I heard, the other dealer who didn't offer proper TD had to remove his sales superviser.

So whenever anything bad happens, don't keep quite. Complain & complain loudly.
  4. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    In the past i have complained FIAT using the company website and also via tollfree number.

I have received a very positive response to all my complaints raised. It is good that we shout loud if we see any dealer issues
  5. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Those two lines sum up the Fiat sales & Fiat dealers story.

It's not going to be too late. It already is late. I have been saying this for the past many months now. Linea and Punto have flopped in our market. Fiat will again face extinction in India. This time I don't think there is anything to bolster them up for another innings. The competition is too fierce as compared to the Palio & pre-Linea and Punto launch days. A timid company like Fiat cannot survive in a market like this. Frankly, they don't deserve to survive.
  6. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai
    Completely agree with you Amit on the point which you have mentioned. But none has to be blamed for this debacle, its FIAT India's Management which has failed to promote these excellent cars. Still, i hope that the Separate Showrooms & New Small Car slated to be released in 2012-2013, can make their boat afloat in the indian market.

if they dont take lessons from these incidents, god bless them..!!

Off Topic: When did you buy the Chevrolet Spark LT ? Just saw your signature.
  7. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    Last week visited Bangalore and on Airport road, Seen a big FIAT hording featuring Linea and Punto Festival offer.
    Today also seen Diwali offer Advt on Z TV. Its really good and explains features.
    Keep it up FIAT, Keep the same momentum always!!!!!!!!
  8. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    well there is one huge hoarding on the way towards hosur. it is visible from above the elevated tollway!!!
  9. rajesh_kismeth

rajesh_kismeth Timido

Kottayam
    to increase sales, Fiat India must:
    1.Like all other car makers. start full-fledged Fiat showrooms everywhere. Start by cities/towns where now a TATA-Fiat one does not exist(eg: Kottayam in Kerala. Earlier TVS had showroom, now nothing. The existing TATA showroom is not a TATA-Fiat one). Gradually move out of existing TATA-Fiat showrooms and go full-fledged Fiat ones.

2.Like TOYOTA, make reliable and complaint-free cars for years of use. Great engine alone is not enough.

3.Once step1 & step2 are done, increase print ads reduce TV ads in hightly-literate states like Kerala. No malayali can skip a day without reading a No.1 /No.2 daily, so there is a sure chance a half-page/full page print ad in these dailies together catches the attention of 99% of the population in Kerala. The state has numerous TV channels so a TV ad in any one/two channels may be seen by small percentage who view the programme at that time and there is always chance that when the ad session starts, they change to another channel. Even the most popular TV show is no exception to this and as anybody understands no TV programme reaches 99% percent population of Kerala at any given time.

4.Introduce more models, later introduce Fiat professional vehicles

Observations:
    India has no Hyundai fan(but hyundai likers/admirers), maruti fan(but maruti likers/admirers) but Fiat is blessed with Fiat fans due to the years of partial-full existence spanning 30-to-40 years and the recent innvoations(multijet) and designs(linea, new red Fiat logo). But unlike Brazil, Fiat has so far failed, again failed, again failing to become a major car maker in India.

The guy/s who advised Fiat Spa to close all dealerships in India and go under the TATA umbrella, now deserves maximum punishment. Which other car maker in the world has done so, that too joining hands with another ambitious/rising car maker who wants to be No.1?

I became Fiat fan after continued use of Fiat Uno diesel(we changed to three Unos, all used ones). When the time came to sell the 3rd Uno in June 2011, we decided to buy brand new car preferece for Fiat. But alas, Fiat has no service center in Kottayam town or anywhere in Kottayam district and no showroom either(but sales counter from Trivandrum dealer available), also father disliked front view of Punto. So bought the much sought after Ford Figo diesel....what to do. Now in next 15-20 years, I will not become another car customer.
  10. gurus

gurus Amatore

BLR/AZ