1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What FIAT needs to do to sell more

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The no.s are doin the talking, call it VFM or not.
    Fiat need a similar strategy to chevrolet, look at the spark and beat, they don have all the bells and whistles nor the built quality still they are selling 6000+ units everymonth tht too petrol, so its simple give the AAM janta a car,at the lowest possible price and they don give a damn about features.

Harmony & chaos
  2. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    Mate lowering the price would lure in the customers going for vehicles like Etios / Manza and the likes... I think its a good move.
    Punto climbs a step lowers into affordable hatches... Excellent prices with an awesome product does make the choice a little easier for the crowd.
  3. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Exactly my point but lower prices for the diesel variants as thts whts the company is selling in no.s
    The only reason a dud car like figo has managed such wonderful no.s is all thanks to dirt cheap pricing and amazing maintainance offers from ford. The base model is almost 50k cheaper than punto MJD active and top is almost a lakh cheaper. It clearly reflects the population wants cheaper pricing over more features.

Harmony & chaos
  4. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    wat about maar-ke-ting ????
  5. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    I sometimes think that FIAT management in India is being paid by its competitors not to market their cars but continue selling FIAT engines to them.
  6. Suzuki follows complete double standards while making car in India. They compromise on Safety and not on the profit and we still trust them and buy their cars. An awareness campaigns and ads telling how safe their families would be in a Fiat built car compared to other cars can definitely make a mark in the conservative Indian consumer mind.

I feel very sorry for Fiat. I appreciate their efforts to revive their image. All the best Fiat. I also feel some Fiat bashers in automobile forum are misleading many potential buyers. I have seen many people going for Figo ater reading their posts. Without even purchasing a FIAT, they speak about ASS

May be we , delighted Fiat consumers can help them to do lot more business. A mouth to mouth publicity is more absorbed in our minds than a expert review on a blog. I am trying to convince my brother in law to buy a Fiat. If every Fiat customer helps Fiat sell a car more, may be they can do lot better. What you say?
  7. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai
    Whatever we write here on the forum, but FIAT dosent seem to be learning from their mistakes and the responses on the Forum. The Customer Experience is "PATHETIC" to say the least, i am saying this as i have experienced this last Friday.

One of my colleague was looking for C-segment diesel sedan, we test drove the Verna & Linea.

Hyundai sent a Sales Executive well dressed & demonstrated EACH & EVERY Feature of the Car, the demo lasted around 45 minutes. And then came the turn of FIAT Linea, and can you believe Wasan Motors sent a DRIVER who takes the vehicles from the yard to the showroom for the demo to a corporate customer. Hell i was shell shocked, my colleague asked me what is the standard they are maintaining. How come a driver explain the cars USPs.

I asked the driver, where is the executive ? he said "sir main to gaadi leke showroom ja raha tha to mujhe phone aaya ke aapko gaadi dikhata hua le jaoon :-O

And after this incident, till date NO Followup calls from them.

What you say now. ? i felt really bad & ashamed. HELL they need to improve very fast otherwise it will be tooooo late.
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  8. Fiat / dealers want just to show there Cars, not interested to sell. :p

Even i must say, dealers become bore to provide the TD, because every body took TD, no body turn back (shown in sales numbers), so they have difficulty to judge real customer.
  9. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai
    Then the FIAT Management should look into what is happening on ground.

That dosent mean that they (TATA-FIAT) start treating the customers like this.
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Agreed to Sanjeev....

They should learn something from Hyundai. Look what that Sales Person of Hyundai did. Well Dressed + Demo of 45 mins :eek: thats amazing.

Even I was there I definatly fall in love with that attitude of Hyundai and selected Verna instead of Linea. (To be very honest)