1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What FIAT needs to do to sell more

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Jul 30, 2010.

1. ajit_nair_77

Yes Kedar you are right, the showroom is opening up in Aundh. Yesterday i was at Parihar chowk and i also saw the showroom but with Tata written. So i got a bit confused if the rep had given me the right info or not. But he was sounding way too confident on the point that Aundh showroom would be exclusively for fiat.
    Also, he said that there was a toss between Tilak road service center and Akurdi service center to cater for Fiat only cars.
    Bottom line is that not only exclusive showrooms but even exclusive service centers are also starting off. Looks like Fiat is indeed trying to mend its way ( fingers crossed ).
  2. coolrider

coolrider Timido

Opening shops alone will not do any good, unless FIAT start launching new products or updating existing with in a short time. Stop dumping outdated products in India. Launch vehicles with latest technologies and whistles, and price it well. FIAT should learn something from M&M. By launching a world class product, all perspectives about Mahindra in the mindset of common man has changed. People are queuing up at M&M showroom. That's what a good product will do for the company.

Till th├Ąt wonder God save FIAT in India
  3. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    The passenger vehicles business reported a total sale and distribution offtake of 27,137 nos. (26,319 Tata + 818 Fiat) in the domestic market in September 2011, higher by 6% compared to 25,527 nos. (23,877 Tata + 1,650 Fiat) in September last year.
  4. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

They know very well but problem is that CEO sir is happy with the numbers sold. I am not sure weather they are still happy or not with current numbers. But three digit figure is achived .. no matter, it took lot of time. Achievement is achievement.
  5. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

FIAL has been made a joke by these people. if they cant sell Punto and Linea what will they sell, potatoes and onions????????????
  6. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Fiat is happy selling engines :) so no new models
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    818 car only in Sept 2011 :eek: so sad.

C'mon now sell your 1.6 MJD to MSIL to fit that engine in SX4 and in 2013 launch a Linea with 1.6 MJD. Repeat your mistakes and dig your own grave.

Yes Now I am afraid of FIAT will shutdown its showrooms in INDIA.
  8. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Did you guys check out the new prices for FIAT cars recently?

TJET is going for 8.6 on road Pune, comin with free warrenty, cash discount etc. Its a steal rt now.
    1.3L off for Linea Fire approx.

The ad is tastefully done as well. Looks like someone somewhere woke up finally.
  9. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Slashing prices of the petrol version wont fetch much, as petrol models hardly account for 25% of the total sale, what they need more is drop the pricing of the diesel versions and make them more lucrative.

Harmony & chaos
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

FIAT Diesels already are total VFM if you take into account the competition's prices.

One of our relatives was seriously considering the Jazz, and the mid variant was 6.2 lakhs on road, excluding registratn taxes etc.
    Then we went and checked Punto Emotion Diesel. It is 6 lakhs OTR.

What else can anyone ask for! Jazz is bit more roomy no doubt, but on all other counts Punto trumps Jazz, and is a diesel. Cheaper too.