1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What FIAT needs to do to sell more

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Jul 30, 2010.

1. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    Correct points. But the problem is that in spite of shouting from all TFIans there is no response from FIAT except some dumb Ads.
    How and when FIAT will understand the importance of aggressive, consistent and innovative mktg. is one of the important factor for selling cars in India.
    Even if you introduce a new colour, it has to publish in newspapers/magazines, radio & TV. And here the whole new models comes just with small Ads.
  2. Shivam

Shivam Amatore

Ludhiana
    just see what Tata has done on introducing the new version of manza sedan (elan) advertisements all over and what is being done for Fiat cars no one knows........
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
  3. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    Not only this. There are so many examples.
    Raining of nano Ads after low sales in Sep'10.
    Indica eV2 Advts claiming 25kmpl.
    They always work half hearted for FIAT. In any case they ensures the quality cars from FIAT does not outsell cars of Tata.
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I think the Fiat advertisements are working now. Many peple at my workplace had asked me about the 'book a petrol and get a diesel offer'. Now days I find lot of Puntos on road. Infact during my last tripf rom vasco to Panjim(~25km) I counted more Puntos than i20 !!!!
  5. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    3 things that Fiat need to do asap:

- Improve interior plastics quality and fit n finish. Benchmark your car's against the VW Polo.

- Sort out the service and spares mess up, specially in non-metro's.

- Get the 1.6 MJD in the Linea asap. The car now feels terribly outdated in the face of newer 1.6L diesel engined sedans.

People are not fools. Opening a Fiat cafe is not going to increase sales or improve your brand image. Fiat has made the same mistakes now as they have done in the past 15 years. Please respect the intelligence of your buyer's and focus on the real problem areas.
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    true..!!
    rather,opening a spare part and service outlet for all fiat models in india can do remarkable things.
  7. Shivam

Shivam Amatore

Ludhiana
    absolutely right and the main need of Fiat India to keep up with other manufacturers.
  8. amol

amol

nashik
    i agree with all what u said sumit n 3 things which need more work is 1) gearbox ratio
    2) interior quality fit n finish
    3) ground clearance ......
  9. click2sarav

click2sarav

@ Sungoa - I do agree to certain extent that the recent advertisements on Diesel for Petrol Price has worked..., because thats one factor I booked my Punto 1.3 MJD 2 days back.., but I will share my experience which will show the world that how far the customer facing Fiat/TATA executives make a mess..,

1. I was interested and well decided to book a FIAT Punto anytime in future.
    2. 2 weeks back came across the "advertisements on Diesal for Petrol Price "
    3. Felt tempted and decided imm Y NOT NOW
    4. Called one of the Fiat dealers in Chennai., he explained the offer and that it ends before July 31st (which I knew)
    5. Then came the surprise that he insisted me that I have to complete the 100 % payment by 31st July. I defintely need a week for my finance to be arranged through a bank Loan and cant happen before 31st July.
    6. Visited the FIat website and found nothing like that.., it says you have to make the ONLY the booking amt before 31st July and complete the payment in 15 days from the Date of booking for the offer to applicable.
    7. Called all five delaers in Chennai and only one dealer was giving the right info and all four others were barely getting the Campaign for "advertisements on Diesal for Petrol Price " right
    8. Finally went ahead with the Booking on 30th July (y'day) and took part in the contest throught the dealer who got it right and offered me the booking.
    9. Not sure how many such customers would have got fooled by these delaership which is very simple and straight forward as mentioned in Website.
    10. Otherwise I would also have delayed my booking with all the wrong info given to me by other dealers...,
  10. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai
    I may sound off topic here, but eventually it boils down the falling sales figures of the Linea. Today, while watching automotive shows on different channels namely Zigwheels, Times Drive & Wheelocity all the three shows had a Mid Size Sedan Shootout, in those episodes Linea was not even considered they completely ignored FIAT.

It was not there in the comparo AT ALL. they did mention that the SX4 DDiS borrows the engine from FIAT, apart from that there was no mention.

This is a serious situation for FIAT, they have to gear up to counter the falling sales, otherwise it is Good Bye from the buyers to their cars again (3rd Time). I didnt want to see FIAT losing ground so badly with the fantastic products they have in their arsenal. Come on do something atleast to counter the competition for Gods Sake..!! :mad:
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2011