1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What FIAT needs to do to sell more

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Jul 30, 2010.

1. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
  2. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    what's more strange is that they mentioned Bravo as a sedan :D
  3. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai
    Launching a higher segment car to Indian market is the old and very effective strategy for the automakers, the like Honda launched CRV in sometime 2002 when nobody was aware of premium SUV segment. but It has done well that time. The story is different now. even an average income man wants to buy a car like santro or alto he also goes through the magazines and other sources like internet, etc. When he comes across the line up like Toyota- Land Cruser, Prado, Prius, Camry, etc. he makes his mind and doubtfully goes ahead to buy Liva. If you see the total sales figures of these cars are not even 500 per month, but it generates more than 6000 to 8000 sale of B+ and Entry level sedan segment cars per month.

But I have a different thinking for fiat. Fiat doesn't have strong line up like Toyota, I am not talking about (Alfa Romeo, Ferrari,etc). They should concentrate on entry level sedans and small cars. they have to flood the market with at least 2 to 3 new models within a year. They have to advertise their engines and showcase the new technology like Multiair, Multijet II. Also they should not supply the engines to Maruti suzuki.

Once I was sitting in Ruby Tuesday for dinner, when Fiat 500 was about to launch, I came across the brochure of Fiat 500. which was distributed on the table. It was a brilliant idea to advertise a lifestyle icon car in places like Ruby Tuesday. but again the same story, there wasn't any consistency in the advertising. It was vanished very next week.

But Fiat is with TATA, I feel that they should concentrate on small and entry level sedan segment only. If they will advertise Technologies like Multijet, Blue&me, Followme Headlamp, etc for at least 2 month, I feel the can generate extra 500 car sell each for Linea And punto per month.

All the best
  4. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    I fully agree with each and every Para written by Vahanpujari. I strongly feel that somebody from FIAL/FIAT should read all these posts and act on it.
    But the problem is we are incresing our blood pressure every month with falling sales of FIAT and FIAT fellows are in deep sleep.
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
  5. Shivam

Shivam Amatore

Ludhiana
    nothing will work for them to sell more no ad no promo schemes can increase Fiat India sales if spare parts are not available in their service centre.It has been 10 days the dealer has placed order for changing the faulty shocker head pads and still there is no response i called the service guy today he said there is simply no response from Fiat India about the availibility of parts.All that i can say is that these kind of things are making bad name for Fiat India in the market which no advertisement can sort out.If the spares are not available then how can they hope of increase in sales.:firey
  6. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai

I am agree with you shivam, My car was lying in Bharti Auto Mobile for one month. They were waiting for the bonnet, it took 25 days to come from fiat. But if you look at the other car brands like, VW, Skoda, Chevrolet, Ford, Tata also, there is no different story. My Vento was lying in Tornado Motors for 15 days only for front plastic grill, so I think there a lot space to improve but it is not a sole reason for low sale numbers.;)
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I think the primary reasons for the low numbers is the bad reputation from their previous stint and the low resale value. Whether people sell it after two years or seven years, they look at these factors. To add to this is the negative signals sent by the reviewers and magazines. Unfortunately FIAT does nothing much to change the scenario.

I today saw a not so great advt on TV, in which a family comes to buy a FIAT petrol car and the dealer gives a diesel one. The family asks for petrol and the dealer goes on explaining you can get a diesel car at petrol car's price etc, etc...
    They could have done a better advt.
  8. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    that is not agree able at least in india. think about how ford bounced back with figo? and how honda jazz sells presently.
    whatever fiat india did they never did it right and let critics and fans blame media and past stint. even today i myself as proud fiat owner wouldn't feel guilty to say that fiat ASS is still one of the worst in india. let alone owners take the risk of buying fiat product.
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I think highly competitive pricing strongly supported by aggressive marketing was the key to Figo's success.
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    A fully agree to fiatlover. Ford was also struggling for spare part shortage & high cost of spares.

I am not sure if they are able to resolve this issue after the success of FIGO.