1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What FIAT needs to do to sell more

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Jul 30, 2010.

1. gurus

gurus Amatore

BLR/AZ
    well, I remember IIM took Brand Dhoni as an case study
    Similarly IIM should take Brand Fiat India as case study and come up with report, may be how not run auto business in India
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Yesterday has a chat with SA from Pandit Auto. He said that the Brand Store is company driven showroom. It will be opened in 25th Dec 2011. X'mas ;-)

As these brand stores are company driven then should we expect lesser price as compared to any showroom.
  3. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    What CBU model are they thinking of launching? I hope it's not the Bravo.

And I pray to God it's not the Freemont either. If Fiat seriously wants to launch the Freemont here and make it successful, they better go the local manufacturing way. Doesn't matter how good the Freemont will be, they cannot think of taking on the Fortuner with that in India so it HAS to be priced substantially less then the Fortuner.
  4. freemont if produced in india, with the same set of plastic suppliers from TATA will suck big time.atleast get the plastics from outside.
    or else there will always be a void FIAT can never fill.
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I think FIAT should not bring Bravo to INDIA. Indians will not buy a Hatchback which is priced 15 lac+. Instead of that FIAT should launch atleast 2 small cars along with Freemont.

I big no for CBU of Freemont. The price will be on higher side for Freemont CBU.

One more car which FIAT has is Panda. In India we dont have a small SUV. FIAT should launch 4X2 & 4X4 Panda. Which will be huge success.
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    For all these things to happen there should be some focussed effort from FIAT to win the confidence of the average indian car buyer. Else, models will come and go unnoticed except by a few fans like us.
    They should probably analyze why people postpone their car buying decisions when Toyota/Honda/Maruti/Hyundai/GM is about to release a new model.
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    You can't beat the Fortuner with an American product. Freemont's genes are American. Even the Endeavour , at best , is a cheaper alternative to the Fortuner ; doesn't surpass it.

The Novo Uno as i've repeatedly said is THE car which deserves a launch here. If FIAT don't / can't launch it here , then God help them.
  8. gurus

gurus Amatore

BLR/AZ
    I got this when going to basis what car thread....
    Suggestion to Fiat:- Considering that the sales chart is wet and not on fire, can you please customize the assembly line so the buyer can get ABS in Active version? This way you get some more orders.

Guru
    P.S.- How will an engine feel when it is Euro5 ready but not BS4 compliant? Bring back Palio.
  9. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    eventually i am getting hang of it.
    fiat's all time strategy was and is , sell only in 3 digit numbers. if chances of number increasing to four digits, then hold back the spare parts,mess up with service support and make them (whoever bought fiat) count stars.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Fiat should have launched Punto Tjet along with Linea. This would have increased the total sales and Tjet would have been much more affordable to people. Now what is happening is that there are options for people and even though Tjet is far better than others people are going for VW and city. Punto Tjet could have been a unique car, a true successor of Palio 1.6.