1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What FIAT needs to do to sell more

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Jul 30, 2010.

1. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    Dear Sam,
    I am reposting for you. I fully agree with you.

Hi TFIans,
    Last full week I have visited North East. The trip was very good but not "FIATfull". I have travelled almost 800+ kms by road from Guwahati, Hashimara, Siliguri, Bagdogra,Kolkata, Darjeeling,Phuketsholing(Bhutan). As usual I was always looking for FIATs on road. But it was big dissapointment for me. The North east is fully dominated by Maruti, Hyundai and Tatas. Ford and Toyota are also good in number. But FIAT????? Believe me I have seen following numbers while road journey. (whenever i was not sleeping)

Linea- Total 03 Nos. (02 passed by and 01 in Bhutan(Photo attached,KA passing))
    Punto- Total 04 Nos. ( 01 passed by, 01 parked in front of Hotel(photo attached), 01 at
    Tata-FIAT showroom in Siliguri,01 at Tata-FIAT showroom in Guwahati)
    Palio(old)- 03 ( 01 passed by, 02 in Darjeeling)
    Palio(stile) - 0
    Premier Padmini- 01( rusting outside one garage)
    118NE - 0

Everyday I was reading at least 01 Hindi and 1-2 English newspapers(state editions). Not a single FIAT Advt. seen, where almost all other brands seen.:A
    Gone through Flight magazines in Spicejet, Kingfisher, Air India- No Advt. from FIAT. Seen fluidic Verna, Kizashi, i20, Indica eV2, SX4- diesel etc.
    Seen big hordings of few in cities but nothing from FIAT.:sadblue
    In airport small illuminated boards, hording outside airport but no FIAT.

Is somebody from FIAT is reading this forum????????
    if yes Only reading?????????????????:irked
    If No " Ignorance and non awareness is the most peaceful thing in life. No tension. Apane hi masti me raho..........Only GOD can help you......":firey
    One more saying in Sanskrit " Nirlajjam Sada sukhi"
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    :lol:

Same applies to almost all manufacturers in other respects! I won't list. Lest brand bashing may start. :p
  3. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    if Fiat are suppling engines to maruti, then maruti shud service Fiat cars also in return. imagine if this happens its going take FIAT altogether to a great new level.

if FIAL doesnt change the entire management then im afraid its not going to come out of the present situation. why is Fiat Spa so quite in the matter. atleast they shud be more aggressive.
  4. gurus

gurus Amatore

BLR/AZ
    Have you seen/read Ms J.Jayalalitha's interview to TimesNow 2 days back?
    She said, if you keep thinking about what happened in the past you are stagnating and can't move forward. Accept it and plan for future..this is the crux of her answer...
    Be aggressive and take some bold steps...I'm sure Fiat will see the results in its favor.

Guru
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    What we are discussing here is useless. FIAT India does not care about sales. Even they not bothered about the low sales of FIAT cars. IMO they are happy by supplying engines to MSIL.

FIAT will never learn by past experience. FIAT is in INDIA since 2008 with only 2 cars. Why dont they add some more cars to their portfolio.
  6. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Just 3 days after the launch of the Etios Liva, Toyota has already positioned the car in our market. Their tv advert's talk about the car being stylish(!!) & the choice of the techy, gadget friendly, facebook, twitter generation! Imagine the bare bones Etios is being positioned as a stylish, yuppie car and guess what Toyota will get away with it.

2 years since the launch of the Punto & Linea, Fiat has still not positioned the cars in our market. Buyers still don't know what these cars stand for.

The joke here is that the Linea and GP with their exhaustive MID information & toys (Blue&Me) could have logically been positioned as a stylish , yuppie car!
  7. gurjinder

Punjab
    The Linea adverts were comparatively better, but the Punto's was disastrous.

Anyways, FIAT can't match Toyota's financial muscle. And finances dictate everything nowadays. From buying reviews in auto mags to the ad blitz. Also , how to swing opinion.

Gurjinder
  8. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Amit- You'll sure love this ad as well.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Fiat’s ‘WE SALUTE SPIRIT OF LADAKH EXPEDITION’ flagged off in Delhi

Here is Good News for us. FIAT is in News again. :wow

The Punto 90 HP Multijet and Linea T-Jet, have been flagged off for an expedition to salute the true spirit of Ladakh. The journey would be from Delhi to Leh and back, covering a distance of close to 20000 kms. Eight Cadets from Chetna college, Mumbai, would undertake this adventurous journey through the most scenic roads along rough terrains on the snow capped mountains and magnificent valleys. During their expedition they would also be visiting Pangong Lake, Thangsey and Nubra valley.

Fiat’s Punto 90 HP MULTIJET and Linea T-Jet are known for their power, drive and fuel efficiency. Our cars have a strong build and all the necessary features to enable a smooth drive on the rocky hilly terrains. It would truly be a proud moment to see the Fiat brand standing tall on one of the highest altitudes of the country. We wish all the cadets a great and memorable journey with Fiat’s Punto 90 HP MULTIJET and Linea T-Jet. – Mr. Rajeev Kapoor, President & CEO, Fiat India Automobiles Ltd
    This expedition celebrates the true spirit of the Indian army. The proposed route for this expedition would start from Delhi university en-route via Pathankot, Srinagar, Kargil and finally halt at Leh and start the return journey to reach Delhi on Monday, 18th July.

Source:-
    http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/fiat/fiats-salute-spirit-ladakh-expedition-kicks-delhi/
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  10. gurjinder

Punjab
    Awesome bit of news.

Good to see FIAT doing something atleast.