1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What FIAT needs to do to sell more

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    Fiat India Dropping Sales :(

I was surfing around net and got this article on Economic Times http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2011-06-20/news/29679890_1_fiat-india-linea-punto. Nothing terrific however it seems Fiat India is having a rough time with sales. I own Punto and I feel its an awesome car and justifies every penny paid. There are cars around from other manufacturer in same segment and dosnt come even closer to the build quality and comfort of Fiat cars. But still...fiat sales is dropping :(. I feel following may be the reasons.

1) Fiat why do you trust TATA for marketing your cars when they have their own cars in same segments and are aggresive on their sale.

2) Why no-car in 2.75-3.75L segment? Why are you delaying? I heard Palio may fill up that segment but is still Euro 3 which is not permitted in metros.

3) No Fiat own showrooms? Please shelve some money, get some showrooms. Market agressively.

4) No ads? I see hell lot of ads for other cars in newspaper, tv, road shows, malls etc. Why you guys are not doing it. Please make people brand aware.

Even VW entered market lately but were able to cut 2-3% of market share. Fiat please act now. Please don't let history happen again. You have gems with you (Linea, Punto). You are pioneer of our National Small Diesel engine (MJD). Just get few sales & service dents rectified and see the difference.

Mods Note - Threads Merged.
    Please search before creating new similar thread. Also please take a moment to see which section is suitable.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2011
  2. Very true sam i had mentioned this Fiat-Tata JV hinderance :mad:and dealership attitude for drop in Fiat sales in an earlier post.A beautiful engine,good ride quality and eye catching looks but still lagging behind in Sales.I hope Fiat-India get to know this some time in future.:uh
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  3. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    Dear Sam,
    If you read all forums all the points are written by at least 10,000 people 1,00,000 times. But no way. FIAL is deaf.
    Anyway we have to keep on writing becoz we love the brand. Once you love anything we have to do everything.
  4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    SAM, Only if Fiat officials listen to the 1% of our suggestions, the sales chart will be changed. BUT NO USE BUDDY....
  5. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    its really frustrating to see FIAL so inactive. they really need to be shaken up. dont know how.
  6. maverick

maverick Amatore

Sam if you just take the last two months they have sold more than 2k vehicles each month. Compared to this in Dec 10, Jan 11 and Feb 11 they have sold very less vehicles. The service provided by Tata is the single most area Fiat should look at to improve. If the service and availability of spares improves then Fiat sales will improve on its own.

I have a Palio Stile and a Punto E+ and both the cars are worth every penny I paid :)
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  7. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    The part that hurts even more is there are no initiative from Fiat on making people brand aware. I live in Mumbai and drive through western express highway a lot. Every banner I see in that highway talks about every other car EXCEPT FIAT. I read TOI daily, every other day I see Maruti/VW/Toyota/etc. ads. touting their s**ts but never saw a single piece even at last page from FIAT.:x

I talked to few of my relative and I told them I bought a Fiat. Lol...do you know what was the first thing that came to their mind? Padmini from Fiat-Premier decades back JV. Come on...now you can't do business in disguise. Please understand much of the mass is really non-technical. They are easy prey for sales transformation. If people don't know what Fiat is upto why would they even bother to give a thought about them. And we all know the gimmiks sales guys play to just transform sale from an uneducated and unaware customer from punto to vista and linea to Manza.
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I met a sales advisor from Pandit Auto. He came here (in my office premises, Tech Park One, Yerwada, Pune) for Test Drive of Linea. I was having word with him about sales & new showrooms in Pune.

He told me that Puntos sale increased drastically specially 1.2 Emotion. Pandit Auto Sold 37 Puntos as of now & yet to deliver 15 Puntos. ( Including Petrol and Diesel) & Linea only 3 in this month from Pandit Auto.

He also told me that FIAT is going to show Panda & Bravo in their Brand store at Koregoan Park, Pune.

One more new is that a new showroom is going to open at Aundh, Pune.
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  9. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Every auto show this week did a test drive of the Etios Liva. A paper like Indian Express that never covers auto sector had the Etios Liva launch in the headlines in the business section. Even the headlines was grand something like Toyota will shake up the small car segment, it all sounded like the best small car of the world is here.

Compare that with the launch Fiat gave to the Linea & Punto - their make or break cars in India.
  10. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    See that's what I am talking about. I read somewhere that Fiat-Tata JV posted loss of Rs. 970 crores. :eek: But what amount of that was really used to make people brand aware? Probably not even a percent of it.