1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What FIAT needs to do to sell more

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Jul 30, 2010.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    If they launch Punto EVO along with current Punto then they need to cut down the prices of current Punto. See what FORD has done for their Fiesta.
    I am not saying that current Punto is overpriced. Yes it is value for Money package at any time. Also they are offering huge discount on their cars.

I know Punto EVO is rumour but still I am fan of that car. I hope FIAT launch EVO to INDIA against new Shit ohh sorry Swift & facelifted i20.

I like the looks of that along with its engine options. It has 17" alloys.
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

The "new" Swift is no competition for the current GP , forget the Punto Evo.

3. you might think what ever sir ji.
    that was a part of the agreement back then. TATA would provide space in their showrroms and service for Fiat cars.
    and also would help in the marketing.
    the first one is happening to an extent. the second one??
    i dont think this will happen.
    and on top of it they say they want to support FIAT.
    this is going down for FIAT.they need to analyse the partnership.
    TATA needs FIAT.and not the other way round. even without TATA, FIAT can sell cars, start their dealerships. and service. but without FIAT, TATA cant produce their engines.

my car is on the way for a speedy recovery. 10-15 days more i guess
  4. Dont worry srikaratluri fiat has plans of drifting off from the fiat-tata jv and start building up on its own, that is the the reason of complete technology transfer to the tatas.forget tatas to have great performing mjds:)
  5. What do you mean ? You mean Tata will no longer have access to mjd's ?
  6. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Guys just to share with you a small article that appeared in this saturdays (25/6/2011) hindustan times suplement (HT city, Hot Wheels page) :

" FIAT of course is not going to take all this just lying down . The brand plans to make substantial improvements to the Grand Punto including a new 1.4 litre MultiAir engine , a new invention by Fiat, which increases power and efficiency whilst reducing the number of cylinders in some case to 2! This new technology is already on sale in the next generation Alfa Romeo Mito , and would power the next generation of Fiat Grande Puntos. Fiat India is also mulling over introducing its Bravo hot hatch in India in limited numbers "

Lets hope they walk the talk....(this sentence is from my side :p)
  7. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    The article is the figament of a journalist's imagination. He/she happens to be a informed one so the article seems trustworthy. I say take the Multiair part with a Linea load of salt. Let Fiat first get the T-Jet and 1.6L MJD in the Linea & Punto. As on today, Fiat is firmly denying any chances of the 1.6L MJD Linea as if it's some pathetic engine that will spoil their brand here!
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

There should not be a T-Jet in the Punto.

The 1.4 Multi Air with 105 bhp is THE engine for it. It even boasts of a combined cycle efficiency of 17kmpl. A perfect balance.

As for the Linea , the 1.6 MJD with the 6-speed manual and the Dualogic semi-auto g'box are a MUST.
  9. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Yes Guru ..exactly.. this is something which FIAT should have uniquely for FIAT vehicles in India which surely can increase sale. I still cannot understand why it takes time for latest technologies to be implemented in India when India is one of the most happening markets for automobile industry. Apart from fuel quality is there anything else which is holding them back from bringing these technologies ?? But the sad part is FIAT cannot have anything unique for FIAT. They need to share it with TATA as well and that is how they have signed the MOU it seems.
  10. arey yaar. now how many of you will be going to buy the petrol engined punto or linea??
    especially that the prices of petrol going up..
    how many of you are enthusiasts who can spend that much money on a premium car which is a little sporty than the others in the same shape??
    i mean get the bravo with bigger, better engines. then upgrade the tech slowly over a period of time into the existing cars.

buying a car is a one time thing. not many will keep changing the car often. you need proper ASS only then you get better sales and better future. not by sitting and talking to media or discussing in the offices. dont waste precious time. the later you start the more time it will take for FIAT to regain its future glory