1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What FIAT needs to do to sell more

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    Re: whats Punto needs to sell more.

Fiat shud get all its basics right. good after sales service, availability of spare parts, aggressive marketing and perfect buying experience. and all these shud be maintained for all service centres across India.
  2. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger

a new version below active shud help in gaining volumes. base model with AC and PS with reduced price shud take it to 4.5- 5 lakh segment which shud make it more affordable & popular.
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

I think what Fiat should do is that they should provide manual central locking and silver color center console(not talking of dual tone interiors) in Active variant. This would make it much more attractive as manual central locking is a must have feature at least for this price. Also, keyless central locking need not cost 9.5k in that case.

In dynamic variant, add power window control for all doors on driver side. Vignesh got it done for some 1.5k. It would cost even less to Fiat and moreover they would be saving on the 2 window switch that comes now in dynamic.
  4. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger

Punto Trendz (1.2 FIRE) with vibrant colors and graphics with a price tag of around 4 lakhs with AC and PS shud appeal more to the youth and gen next.
  5. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger

Punto needs the Linea t-jet engine. this is just the punch which it needs. im sure Fiat will surely do it in near future coz Punto T-jet is already available in overseas market.
  6. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Mumbai

I know we are having a healthy debate and sharing our comments. But just wondering, wouldn't Fiat and its people thought about all this that we have said here?? I am sure they are not dumb as we make them out to be.....
  7. Re: whats Punto needs to sell more.

I agree with Vroom, they are sixth larger auto makers in the world am pretty sure they have some very bright brains working for them. I feel the only reason sales are low is because of past baggage FIAT brand carries and they cannot change is overnight, it's surely changing but slowly these days in Hyderabad i see a lots of Punto's and Lineas whereas 6 months back i used to see one in a blue moon so to say.
  8. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3

Agreed that the FIAT top people would have given a thought about the ideas that we are pouring in.

But then need to understand the market better. To many people I have come across, for them beige means premium. Some thoughts from my end as well.

1. Giving Punto the Linea interiors will not be a tough ask.
    2. Getting the fit and finish right is the other part.
    3. The soft touch dashboard from the T-jet, should be made standard across all variants of the Punto and Linea.
    4. Having the right set of sales people with better knowledge of the cars.
    5. Advertise both the Linea and Punto in a big way, it needs quite high investments, but these investments will bear fruits over the longer term.
    6. Open company owned service centers at least in the major metros across the country. Provide proper training and have dedicated FIAT only staff for servicing who are not loaded with other TATA cars which puts tremendous pressure on the SA and mechanics to achieve the numbers at the end of the month
    7. Lastly do not provide the complete engine range to TATA which is actually diluting the some of the USP of both the Linea and Punto.
    8. Get rid of the old gear box from the Palio and plonk the new gearboxes that are used on the European version of the Punto and Linea

Hope things turn out to be better with some of the changes resulting

Cheers,
    Krishna
  9. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Mumbai

Trust me, better interiors and your point 7. can change Fiat's fortunes.

Vroom
  10. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger

i think all the points from 1 to 8 are important.