1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What FIAT needs to do to sell more

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Jul 30, 2010.

1. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Trust FIAT India to always do opposite of what the situation demands. Yuck.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

I do thank FIAT for doing the opposite of what Honda does for its cars.

Thank god they made it like a tank, gave it better tires, a diesel engine, and the wonderful ride quality, at a price less than the City. :)
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Fiat India to devise strategies to prop up falling sales

4. gurjinder

Good news on the whole to hear that there are rumblings of something happening, but a face lifted Linea?!:eek:

This design is good enough to carry on forever. I hope they don't play around with it.

They should put the Bravo's interior in it if they want.;)
  5. this is real fun.
    even went to a showroom for a FIAT??
    dont know about others but when i wnt there.
    the SA wanted to show me Tata Manza and Vista. he took his own time to show me a punto.

and this Tatas will continue to support the marketing efforts seems to be funny.
    saw how many ads are running daily on the TV or newspapers about the TATA range??
    and FIAT??
  6. Can you put some light on funny part. :p

Is Fiat opening 175+ showrooms all together. :redcar
  7. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    They need to rejig the product line up, may be as per my wishlist.

Reintroduce the Palio with different exteriors and different name with refreshed interiors. 1.2 Fire Petrol (slightly higher state of tune) atleast 75-80 bhp. 1.3 mjd 75 bhp version. price range 3.5-4.5 lakhs for petrol and for diesel 4-5 lakhs. Please ensure it has the most of the gizmos and decent space (atleast on par with the Palio).

Punto - Should come with 1.4 petrol and 1.3 VGT versions only and retain the current pricing. Introduce the 1.4 T-jet and 16.MJD as sport variants for the power hungry crowd (forms very little of the market)

Linea - Should come only in the 1.4 T-jet and 1.6 MJD Avathars. And for god sake get the dual logic gearbox for both the petrol and diesel. Retain the current pricing by locally manufacturing the engines at the Ranjangaon plant.

500 and Bravo needs to go the local manufacturing way with atleast 40% localization to keep prices in Check. However, the market is no definitely ready for a hatch like bravo.

For any of the products that you intend to sell, please ensure there are no niggles at least in the first 2 years of ownership

Please open a separate sales and service centers (from the current dealership owners to ensure no new fresh deposits are required) in the tier 1 cities to kick off with and then extend it to tier 2 cities wherever feasible.
  8. rakesh8051
    the funny part is tata trying to help FIAT.
    they get good coverage of every thing
    see even their commercial vehicles get ads on the tv regularly and not even one FIAT ad.
    is this called helping.
    and you go to buy a fiat car.
    the SA takes you to TATA with intrest and acts wierd if you enqire about Fiat.
    is this called helping(support)
  9. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Are yar. Sabse bada joke to yeh hai ki I heard 01 SA telling FIAT uses engines manufactured by Tata and all FIAT cars are manufactured in Tata factory.
    The person stays in my building. When he met me and said this, i told 75% of diesel cars in India (Indigo, Manza, Swift, Dezire, SX4, Beat) are using actually FIAT diesel engine he got a 440V shock.:eek:
    When I went to enquire about Punto/Linea he tried to push me towards Vista/Manza saying few bad things of FIAT spares and overall cost. When I told I owned FIAT since grandfather and I am not going to buy any other car then only he started seriously telling all positive features of FIAT. At the end I told " Even if you give me Manza in free, I'll request you that instead you give me 01 Palio which costs much less than Manza, u'll b in profit"
  10. gurjinder

The Ranjangaon factory is a part of the 50:50 JV. So, it's as much a Tata plant as it is FIAT's. ;)