1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What FIAT needs to do to sell more

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Jul 30, 2010.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    You are mistaken my friend. My intention was not to prove that your car should not rattle. I want to just make a point about the build quality and non rattling nature of Punto. Also rattling is not entirely due to bad quality of plastics. When the car is free from vibrations, rattling will never happens(Thanks to fiat engineers). You ask the service person to sit with you for a drive and show him the problem. I will advise you to show the car to a good alignment shop for balancing and alignment. Good luck.
  2. maverick

maverick Amatore

I took the car to the TASS on 21/5/2011, the C Pillar plastic trim has to be replaced. Any ways as usual they don't have it in stock and have to place an order for it. First of all I don't understand how the car passed the QC with the C Pillar plastic hanging loose.

A good part of the plastic part on to which the wipers are fixed have turned white within a months time. Mind you this happened even after I have used covered parking.

I really doubt whether I have to write more to substantiate the fact that the plastics are pathetic and downright cheap.

Another crazy thing I noticed is there is a wire hanging loose under the drivers seat form the seat belt lock. On asking the SA, he said thats how it is and nothing can be done.

My next visit to TASS is scheduled on June 3rd or 4th, hopefully by that time they get the parts. Any ways I have raised a complaint with the Fiat TSM and he promised me to send some one while I am visiting the TASS.

What has alignment and balancing got to do with rattling? The moment I hit 2k RPM on 5th gear I can hear the rattle from the instrument cluster & steering area.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2011
  3. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    Hello All,
    I kind of agree with Maverick. When you pay 7 lakhs on a hatchback you expect a level of quality and a finesse in the car. I do agree that there are cars that are rattle free but we cannot ignore the fact that there ARE cars which have some squeak or the other.

If I take the case of my car it drives fantastically but keeps on having minor squeaks from here and there, sometimes from the back seat sometimes from the door sometimes from the place just below the gear knob.

If you open the boot you find unsymmetrical rubber paddings ; in my car I can clearly see that there are slots for 2 rubber packings but only 1 is there . Now this is not in the bonnet but in the boot. Can also post a pic if required.
    While wiping of the door with a cloth , a rubber stub just broke and fell off . The rubbber strut that supports the bonnet lever(using which the bonnet is locked when open) is split into two . The guys at Oberoi Cars have now joined it using fevikwik!! In fact the lever itself has started getting white oxidisation. The guys at Oberois cars say that ideally the lever should have been galvanised .
    Now All these are minor stuff but you DONT like this when you invest your money in a premium level hatchback. I have taken my car so many times to TASS(Oberoi cars) but the door just does not stop squeaking . Now I will take it to Elegant motors .
    The steering button of the "Menu" option feels like its too tired and makes a strange sound when pressed. Now I know that though these parts are making a sound but they are robust enough to not fall down . These minor irritants are like small pebbles in your shoe. They dont prevent you from walking but keep on troubling you.

And how old is my car? ..just 4 months .. and done 10K..
    All this stuff will not prevent your car from moving but it deprives you of the feel good factor which you expect having paid 7 lakhs.
    The fact that some cars are rattle free and some are rattle prone does NOT point to any flaw in the car.
    All that is needed is a strict quality control . Recently we had a FIAT meet in Oberoi Cars Noida and there were a number of such questions put in front of Mr Bhaskar from FIAT. He agreed that being a JV there have been some shortcomings on their part leading to quality problems mostly from parts sourced from outside vendors. That apart he said that FIAT would be putting a stringent quality checks on these parts. Lets see.

If they could just work upon improving the quality of the parts.. ..no other hatchback can really match this car !!!
    Last edited: May 27, 2011
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    ^^
    first and most important action to sell more fiat.
  5. maverick

maverick Amatore

Its high time Fiat stop blaming the JV and start working on improving the general fit and finish of the car. Putting blame on others and not doing anything is not going to work in favor of Fiat. As you said Punto is the best hatch back I have driven in India and the product is getting killed for no good reasons.
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    "fiat launching linea 1.6multijet at the price of linea tjet" 0-100 in 10.3 seconds ,fuel mileage 20kmpl.. such a news would have seriously attracted many Indians to fiat .
    alas !!! chances are rare.
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Even though I like to see 1.6MJD, I think it is more wisely to introduce it at, once Fiat sort out all small niggling issues reported by customers.
    Last edited: May 30, 2011
  8. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    more than 1.6 MJD Fit India needs to connect with people. aggressive marketing and advertisement is the need of the hour. 1.6 MJD will not find many buyers and it may face the same fate as the 1.3 VGT and 1.4 T-Jet.
  9. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    i believe the issue is rather different ,if sales number rises fiat may not be able to meet up the requirement and service backup. maybe their jv issue is still floating around creating a hindrance for a pick up.probably fiat admin is aware about such matters and with much helplessness.
  10. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai