1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What FIAT needs to do to sell more

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    maverick, sad to see your car is rattling from 1st day, but I agree with gujinder's point. I have my car rattle free as well (exception is one small rattle, which i got fixed with TASS).
    Try to find some good service center, and fix the rattles. I am sure once fixed properly, you would also agree that there isn't much rattle.
  2. maverick

maverick Amatore

@Ravi: I am not looking for solutions, what I was trying convey is FIAT needs to improve the quality of plastics / rubber parts to a large extend if they have to sell well. I will give some more examples.

Why should there be a gap between the rubber beading and the roof of a new car?
    Why should the rubber beading of the rear doors come out each time a person does an ingress or egress?
    Why should the rubber beading on the top of the car come loose within a weeks time after purchase?

All said and done the car is too good on long distance drives. That is the only saving grace till now.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    These never happend with me. None of them.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Maverick, the fact of the matter is this. As is the case with every known manufacturer in the world today, some vehicles may leave the factory with a few niggles here and there.

Who would've imagined VW group's famed DSG gearbox giving up in a month; the pinnacle of performance, Nissan GT-R's gearboxes going bad etc.

Cases happen, and to blame the entire production capability for these few cases is not playing it fair.

Had there been a ''useless glue'' being used, all cars which ever rolled off from the factory would have troublesome interiors etc.

So, my sincere advice is not to lose hope and find a better service centre. All your niggles are resolvable in the right hands.

Gurjinder.
    Last edited: May 25, 2011
  5. maverick

maverick Amatore

I am not loosing hope and I know all the issues I have faced can be fixed. In fact I am a big fan of Fiat cars and that's the only reason I went and bought the our second Fiat car even after the whole world was going against my decision.

But frankly speaking the issues with Fiat cars are much higher than other brands. My friend took delivery of Punto along with me. He had a faulty AC and had some issues with the steering which made a noise when turned to the right side.
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    thats the spirit Maverick :)
    Last edited: May 25, 2011
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    @maverick:I had recently covered Goa-Cochin-Goa(~1500Kms). There was no rattle from my Punto. Only rattle was that caused by my CD covers on gloove box and some times the sealt belt hitting the doors!(touch wood). The roads in some streches are really bad and I was amazed by the build quality of Punto.
  8. maverick

maverick Amatore

I am sorry sungoa2010, what ever you say about your car will not change the way mine behaves. It has rattles and squeaks from day 1 and even after being a diehard fan of Fiat I can vouch that the plastic / rubber parts in Punto is very cheap and the fit is worse than cars that costs only one third of a Punto Emotion Pack.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    @maverick

I'd like to ask you a simple question.

As you claim that the overall fit n finish of Punto is worse than economy soapboxes, please take time out to also explain why so many other member's cars on TFI do not rattle. Since going by your rationale, all cars will and should rattle.

Gurjinder.
    P.S No pun intended. Lets just have a healthy discussion.
  10. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Why not take the Car to the TASS and let them have a thorough inspection after having a test drive, Hope your rattling issue will be resolved soon.