1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What FIAT needs to do to sell more

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Jul 30, 2010.

1. jerryruban

1. Effective Marketing thru advertising - Show some attractive colours like Exotica Red, Black or Medium grey and also some good concepts ofcourse.

2. Come out of TATA - Do sales and service of their own

3. Changes - Reverse light can be fitted on the half of other fog lamp, quality plastics to avoid rattling noise (as most of us are facing this issue).
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Jerry, most rattles , as experienced by others start only when there have been alterations done in the car.

From the factory, these interiors are one of the most rattle free ones you can lay your hands on here.

So, laying the blame on FIAT is not really justified.

3. jerry
    fiat has been taking a beating with the image it has got and that is not going to get better if they come out from TATA.
    they had plans to launch those FIAT zones which would be a better idea for the car sales. With such a big dealer network unable to sell good numbers is an alarming state as it is. now if they come out from the JV do you think they would spend money on development of the brand and be ablr to start a new dealer network?
  4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Yeah for sure Fiat will not come out of Tata, Where will they find such a big dealer network, and it will take ages for them to make 100+ dealers, By the time Fiat cars will disappear from the road.
    Best way is the Meaningful and innovative commercials to be put up on a urgent basses, and plan well in advance before the launch of its New Small car..
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    Question is when wil FIAT wake up to exploit the Indian car market. At the moment I dont see any such signs. By the time FIAT launches the small car, there will be upteen other players to woo customers.
    Saw the Renault campaign that started in leading newspapers today. TOI carried the ads in several pages. They have been bombarding facebook users with their ads recently. It's there even on the local FM radios.
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    fiat should provide obligatory service support for siena,palio and uno customer.
    bring back lost smiles of yesteryear fiat customers.
  7. they should start fixing up all the things or else by the time they will be launching the small car there would be nothing left for fiat and us except some limited edition cars
  8. maverick

maverick Amatore

Sorry Gurjinder, I beg to differ from your opinion. I have a month old Punto Emotion Pack 76BHP and the dash board and the C Pillar rattles. My co-passenger seat squeaks like crazy. In fact my C Pillar plastic trim comes out every time the vehicle hits a pothole. The fit of plastic parts in a Punto is very very bad when compared to the 4 year old Palio we have. The music system though average helps me bear with all the racket the car makes.

I have raised this issues with TASS and they are planning to replace the CPillar plastic trims. They will look into the dash board rattles along with the CPillar plastic trim replacement.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Sad to hear about all the rattles from your ride. Take it to a competent dealership and they should be able to sort it out.

My opinion is based not just from my personal experience but of many others who continue to enjoy a rattle free ride day in and day out.

10. maverick

maverick Amatore

When I am paying 7 lakhs I do not expect rattles from day 1 onwards. It is of no fault with the TASS, its just because the plastic parts are of very cheap quality. There are other plastic / rubber parts which have come loose after the car got wet for the first time. I think Fiat is using really pathetic glue to stick all the plastic / rubber parts.