1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What FIAT needs to do to sell more

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Jul 30, 2010.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The Twin Air 500 retails for around Rs.9 Lakhs in the UK.

I wonder how many would even shell out 9 lakhs in India for a small two cylinder engined ride. And how many would actually bother to appreciate the technology behind it.

The Indian market has to mature a lot to accept the FIAT 500.
  2. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    Correct me if I am wrong, the 500 you're talking about must be equipped with 6 Airbags, Sunroof, reverse parking sensors, rain sensors, hill holder etc.

I think the problem with FIAT in India is that they offer their best engines only at the highest variant. I am pretty sure, many enthusiasts ended up buying a Fiesta 1.6S instead of the TJET just coz of the price and similar would be the scenario in case of Punto 90HP. I would buy the 90 HP Punto eyes closed but can't shed 7+L on a hatch and knowing that its available in 90HP avatar, I can't convince myself to go for the 75HP variant.
  3. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    well thats what exactly fiat has to do "out of box"

they have to learn to look beyond their nose (though Italians are not good at it), and think about long term returns rather than struggling with bad reputations and dismal sales.

they should try innovative methods to impress the new generation with trendy and eco friendly vehicles.

engine is much smaller and would acquire less costs for materials and production(r&d cost excluded).
    it shouldn't be far away from possibilities to launch the same car at half price targeting mass market and india has got all chances to get impressed presently.

they have brought back the two cylinder to 500 back again now they can bring back the concept of common mans car with same (time is ripe for it) .

indian maturity is bit different , indian dont prefer technically perfect or aesthetically pleasing things. indians are more introvert and idealism run in their blood so if some one has to mark their presence in soil better change the attitude.
  4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Only one thing will help Fiat to rise in Glory is the pricing of its new car,
    here are some wise peoples like us and head towards the great car (Fiat) a true VFM,
    In kuwait they have sold more than 15 Fiat 500's since Feb 2011, the price is KD.:5200.000, and the price of Corolla is KD.:5500.000.
  5. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    Fiat current sales figures

All, does anybody have the latest sales figures for Punto/ Linea? I observe a lot of them on roads recently, and Im hoping that the sales numbers should be on the increasing trend?
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Narayan, dont worry , such is the beauty and ride quality of fiat that who ever bought linea or punto would'nt like to keep it idle obviously you will see them on road most of the time regardless of sales figure.
  7. yup. there are quite a big number being seen on the roads here also. almost every 10 mins atleast 1 punto or linea are being seen.
    or is it because we search for fiats all the time on the road??
  8. gurjinder

Punjab
    Tony, 5500 Kuwaiti Dinars ,i.e rougly Rs. 9 Lakhs is still justified than the 15 odd lakhs they charge here.

And which engine do they equip the 500 with there??

Gurjinder.
  9. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Gurjinder bai sahaab its 1.2 and 1.4 with Multi Air, Also heard they are getting Bravo in Kuwait, it is quite good in UAE.....
  10. gurjinder

Punjab
    Awesome Tony paaji.

Lucky Kuwaitis ; they got the 1.4 Multi Air.

Gurjinder.
    P.S. Is your Corolla automatic? And which engine? ( Im a bigg auto enthusiast)