1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What FIAT needs to do to sell more

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Jul 30, 2010.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    We too own a Palio D and went through the anguish of repairing the injection pump, which was pretty common in Palio diesels.
    That apart, i never lost faith in the product because its brilliant.

I understand your situation, but to hold the entire Fiat responsible and question their build quality of each and every car produced is just not done.

BMW's N54 engine was plagued by fuel pump failures, Nissan's GT-R suffered transmission failures, yet nobody questioned BMW's or Nissan's ability to produce cars of a high standard.

Thats the right approach.
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    what i understand the reason for such acute aggression concerning fiat is spare part unavailability obviously lack of prompt service.

failures and breakdowns are further serious in many other branded cars but they duly support the end user with good ASS and whatsoever.

i wont mind if my car break down in middle of road and is back on track within a day.
    but it would be terrible for me to tolerate days and weeks and months of waiting without any clue just to take it out of garage.
    naturally i will look elsewhere .
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I did get this service sometime back. Clutch cylinder failed, I got my car back next day.

It varies with service center, about spare availability. I for instance have not waited for even single day for any spares.
    And its not only me, recently one member got front bumper readily available.
  4. why can't there be standardisation. Since you are also from the Palio era's haven't you noticed the inconsistencies in the manufacture ( for eg -- the interior lamp with / without timers) we did not complain because irrespective of anything the quality was offered on par with the competition (even better in cases) . Now that someone will least expect a 8 L rupee car breaking down on the highway due to a misfitted joint (which speaks highly of the quality in place) cannot be excused. We all know mechanical / electronic stuff can breakdown and there's a service backup immediately does that mean there should not be any great emphasis on quality and it should be accorded a second priority? To start with why should my car have issues with panel gaps even if fiat is offering many features that competition does not? Why should a simple check of A/C system at the assembly cannot be done properly? Should I feel good that there is Fiat RSA handy when things go wrong which shouldn't have in the first place if certain checks are properly done for each and every car, is it asking for more or is this generalisation? Since I have faced these issues, I strongly believe fiat still has to concentrate on quality. Please note that this is not brand bashing but a certain minimum that I expect out of my 8 L car.
  5. hillram

hillram

Hyderabad
    I think I can understand Shiva's frustration and his is not a generalisation.Having paid 8L,one expects a flawless performence from a reputed car maker like Fiat,atleast for 2-3 years.
    But the production roll out in batches causes this problem.Not all batches are checked rigorously and a slip up can cause these problems.These can happen to any car maker.
    But I feel,Fiat must be held responsiblefor these fallacies and should be made to answer.We should fight for our customer rights.
  6. gurjinder

Punjab
    @cyber

FIAT is not being absolved of any of its shortcomings and instances of shoddy quality control. FIAT has its issues and it IS working on setting things right.

Tell me one thing , why is it that Panel Gaps are found only in FIATs and not in other cars? I think you're reading too much of crap being posted on " the definitive indian auto blah blah".

Has anyone even seen the quality of the centre console of the ANHC? Do we see anyone complaining? No. Or complaining about it being overpriced? No. People are programmed to accept that. Because its Honda. Or Maruti. Or Hyundai. ( I have complete respect for Toyota)

I'd implement this if i were you - I buy a FIAT car. It turns out my car has a few defects ( hundreds of issueless FIAT cars roaming around dont forget), i get them rectified, im happy.

How do you rectify the not so solid build of the ANHC. How do you rectify the high speed dynamics of the Vernas.
    You cant. No one wants to. Because its Honda, Hyundai , so we worship them. And say that because its a Honda or a Hyundai , its ok ( Sab chalta hai).

Its all in the mind.

At the end of the day, i have a far better car. Its upto me to keep sulking or to enjoy the better car which people do not buy just because they cant afford to think different.

Gurjinder.
  7. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    yet i am convinced they are improving.
  8. Dude, I think you read below / above the lines. To make things clear

1. I don't have any other cars apart from fiats so comparing it with other brands for me is nonsense
    2. I don't visit / nor follow T-bhp, I have a membership there and that's where it starts and ends. So reading Negative about the brand I use does not arise.
    3. Panel gaps not present in the Linea and they are on the punto, so now what
    4. I do enjoy my drive and I have done 7k in less than 3 months so you can judge whether I enjoy the drive or not.
    5. I co-founded FCCH as well as am a joint mod for Hyd chapter for pug so I am sure of what this brand is all about and it reflects the same in my garage of owning all running 5 Fiats.
    6. I used to drive a GP in europe well before it was launched in India. I comment on the quality based on comparing my Linea with the punto and vice versatile along with my Uk based punto. I know we operate on a cost basis but cutting corners is what I hate

We can be content to ourselves thinking about the best car you drive or bring about a change. I am trying to do the latter. On record, to keep my car running I never need to go the extra mile (spares / services ) I have got multiple people to the fiat family fold as well. Not all people are crazy about fiats as we are and most of the time these are the deal breakers.
  9. gurjinder

Punjab
    Matter settled. We both will go nowhere this way.

OT - We'll settle this over some Hyderabadi kebabs whenever i get a chance to visit that city. What say?
  10. Done deal sirji. Welcome anytime :)