1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What FIAT needs to do to sell more

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Jul 30, 2010.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Instead of being just 'emotional' about the product, Fiat India need to become 'dynamic' and 'active' . Just like VW, they should first understand the market 'trend', take necessary steps to get 'comfort' in sales and then simply plan for 'high' level.
  2. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    Said Exactly in short words. "Only admiration guranteed" and "crafted for a true fan" that to once in a blue moon, will not work.
    1. Big hordings in all major cities ( at least 10 hordings in metros and 5 in next dist.) showing both Linea, Punto with historical background of FIAT. ( the same newspaper advt. can be put on hordings)
    2. New commercials for Linea, punto after every 6 months on all major TV news, soap, movie, music channels. It should last for at least 01 month.
    3. All new launches like T-jet, 90 Hp (now 1.6 MJD/dualogic/facelifted Palio) should be grand. Teasers on TV at least 01 month before, Half page Advt before 2-3 days, Grand launches in major cities, rallys for 01 month etc.

Their products are bests in the market, A.S.S. is considerably improved only where they are lacking is aggressive Advtz. I bet if FIAT India does all this as I said above, they will repeat the history " What Tata has done with Nano in last 05 months". And their sales figure will go double ( at least 4000+ Fiats). And will keep on increasing by 5% every month thereafter.
    Last edited: May 8, 2011
  3. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    the biggest question is if Fiat India will listen to us at all. i really doubt. wonder what Accenture is doing all this time. are doing anything worthy or just milking Fiat. Fiat India's attitute has been very pathetic. its high time they wake up from their never ending sleep.

plz Fiat do something, you have everything it takes to make it to the top.
  4. HarishSegar

HarishSegar

Mumbai
    I would say they are doing enough in terms of visual marketing (ads, banners etc). What they need to look at is to stop existing customers from leaving. Existing customers are the best sales rep. In India, noone buys a car without seeking opinion of others.

To give you an example, people around me ask about how FIAT is doing etc even before going to the showroom for a test drive. Their perception is already formed based on what i tell them as i am a "trusted source" and an existing customer.
  5. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Let the Fiat people take the Phone Numbers for the competitors which has test driven their cars and call them and offer a Test drive at their convenient place and get the feed back, Even if they dont buy the Fiat, we still have their feed back so that there is lot of space for improvements.
  6. Before all this let them manufacture cars of high standards and durability. Less than 3 months, I have suffered a A/C leakage issue followed by the power steering failure on the highway and me waiting for some help with sun glaring down at me with full blast.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Had all cars been breaking down in a similar fashion, then you would've been right in questioning FIAT's build quality.

We Indians are masters of gross generalisations. Absolute.

Gurjinder.
  8. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    i have been using my punto (fiat ) for last 5 months 8400km. never there had been a single issue.
    after owning it i have compared it with other cars of same segment . i swear fiat is built much better than rest of the crowd.

though other brands build might look nice (eye candy) but giving a thorough inspection will reveal how flimsy they are underneath but fiat is not.

i still wonder if not fiat which other car ??
  9. Well. For the record, we've a Fiat GP at home and the alternator failed *within a week* of ownership. Oh yeah, our car came with a faulty alternator from the Fiat Ranjagaon plant. :(
  10. I have the flawlessly running Palio D done 1.4 L kms , then the not so flawless Linea 1.4 which had issues with the clutch right from day one and then my 90 HP which suffered an aircon failure in the first week of purchase and now stranded on the highway for a power steering failure. There are some batches which have quite a number of issues compared to the other batches rolled out from the same factory and I know this for sure. My comments are based not on generalisation gurjinder. You will understand when you step into my shoes ..