1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What FIAT needs to do to sell more

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Shivam

Shivam Amatore

Ludhiana
    At least now they should be agressive
  2. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    God Knows when the FIAT INDIA will be awake and launch new Adv. they are just having fun with the numbers selling and we are breaking our head in giving innovative ideas to increase the sales
  3. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    fiat india needs to change the entire management team.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2011
  4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Let the Fiat guys get the contact numbers of the people testing other brands of cars and offer them the Test drive at the door step, I hope it would effect the sale.
  5. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    “If you look at competition, their numbers have gone up only because of the small cars. A car like that is a volume car. One may not get any money out of it, but it gives your brand the much required exposure and visibility in the market,” said Rajeev Kapoor, CEO Fiat India.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2011
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    In that case how Honda has survived in India. Their cars have only helped them to build a brand value. I cannot accept Mr Kapoor's statements.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2011
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I am really confussed whats gng on with FIAT INDIA commercials, why are they not making commercials?????????
  8. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    seeing Fiat's sales figures for april'11 Palio still sells 19 odd units. its a gr8 time launch Palio's substitute ASAP.
  9. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    remember tata nano ad with that cute little girl..what an ad that is and how much lucky they 've got.

i wish fiat could have such highly touching ad.

why not we TFI members shape a script for fiat?
  10. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Fiat has to tackle customer disconnect with the Fiat brand to sell more. They have to make sure that new car buyers at least check out their cars during the buying process. Maybe that particular customer may not buy a Punto but he may recommend his colleagues , friends to check out the Punto and maybe that person may buy a Fiat. That is the long term view / vision that Fiat needs to have.

At the same time, people need to to be more open minded about Fiat too. Say Fiat and people start rambling on about poor service and spares avaliablity.

To some extent the spares issue is still true but like we discussed it's a chicken and egg story. Spares wouldn't be avaliable until sales improve and sales are not improving because spares are not avaliable!

What Fiat needs to do is look at how VW has successfully sold the Polo. What does the Polo have that the Punto does not? Think about this:

- Polo has 1.2 L 3 cylinder engines.
    - They are not as loaded in features as Punto.
    - Rear leg room is cramped.
    - And to top it are more expensive then Punto.

YET, VW sells 3 times as many Polo's as Fiat sells Punto.

We have had many reasons for poor Punto sales:

- Underpowered engines. Ok but what about Polo?
    - Cramped rear space. OK but what about Polo?
    - Poor service network. OK but what about Polo?!

With a thin dealer network and no gaurantee of how good or bad service back up and spares avaliablity will be, VW was accepted with open arms by Indians. If anything, going by Skoda's service, Indians should have dreaded VW!

Space is a issue - Indians like to travel with families , these are premium family hatchbacks - we kept hearing this for the Punto. Why didn't this logic work against the Polo?

I say kudos to VW for doing what they did. Sure the interiors are the best we have seen but it's a VW! Stupendous quality of interiors was expected from them. That's VW's forte. At least I wasn't surprised with the quality of VW's interiors.

It's all about customer connect. How did VW connect with customers in 1 year and Fiat hasn't able to in almost 15 years?!
    Last edited: May 5, 2011