1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What FIAT needs to do to sell more

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Jul 30, 2010.

1. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    I think Fiat needs to do nothing to sell more. They are selling well... I see fiats in all their glory all me and the numbers growing.

We are trading too much into the sales figures vis-a-vis the competition . Fiat cars are growing in number on the roads. Just don't compare and be happy ... Fiat has great future in India.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    During the first few month when I bought my Punto, I could hardly see one Punto a day in Bangalore. These days, I see several Puntos on the road, which makes me happy.
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    ::T When I had my Punto, there were 1 mine was the 2nd, Dad says there are 7 punto in the area and around 13 Linea, But can trace more on the Highways rather than in the city. :car :car
  4. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    +1.
    Only thing is they should be more aggressive with the advertising and for God's sake improve the quality of advertisements specially the Linea adds.
  5. Better advertising and improve quality control. Long pending issues like fit/finish, beadings, panel alignment still exist even though number of cars produced per day are not that high in number.
  6. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    According to me FIAT at this point of time need a car which can change FIAT's fortunes and which TATA would not want to copy...

FIAT can very well fit 1.2 FIRE Engine to a lighter car like FIAT Idea and sell it at a little lesser cost... If Punto 1.2 Active is 4.3lacs exShowroom then if FIAT can bring on Idea for 3.5Lacs Ex showroom for base version and 4.3Lacs for top end.... it will be a big hit... FIAT should target base and top-end features in sync with Wagon R or Spark...

They just have to understand it the cheap and small car that changed fortunes for companies in india.... Maruti with 800, alto, wagon R... Hyundai with Santro and now I10....... Ford with Figo.... GM with Spark...Tata with indica...

2008-Fiat-Idea-5.jpg
  7. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    As an after thought, why not advertise a 6 month waiting period on the Linea and punto... The trick works for other cars, should work for Fiat too ;-)

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
  8. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    The waiting period trick might fall flat for Fiat. Prospective customers already are looking for flimsy excuses to not buy a Fiat. Waiting period, unless present brand image is changed, will be a nail in the coffin IMHO.

For positioning, Fiat could learn a lesson or two from Ford. Simple arithmetic says find out the hottest selling price segment and position your product to counter these. Linea and Punto are meant to be image changers for Fiat and they are changing the image slowly and subtly.

Starting 2012, Fiat has to position products in the alto/wagonR (hatchback) and dejire (sedan) category. These are strong selling price segments and attracts buyers who are comfortable with that budget.
  9. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    We are all waiting for the FIAT to launch its new small car, hope they price it well and campaign it in advance in all sorts of channels and newpapers, might be it could blow up the sales. :cool:
  10. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    [attachment=0:4svvu901]2011_Fiat_Palio_1.jpg[/attachment:4svvu901] Fiat has another ace up its sleeves but when will it come or will it ever come to india is a top secret. :confused

it can easily be plonked with all engines Fiat has to offer in India- 1.0, 1.2, 1.4, and of course the 1.3 MJD. and not to forget the one and only 1.6.

2011_Fiat_Palio_1.jpg