1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What FIAT needs to do to sell more

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    wonderful concept by Fiat India. keep the good work going!!!!!!!!!!! ::D

Fiat needs more events like this.
  2. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    Adding to this, I strongly believe FIAT should start manufacturing the TJET engine in India which would reduce the cost to a large extent and make the Linea TJET a steal.
    Sooner than later, they must also manufacture the 1.6MJD in India so that it can be pitted directly against Vento and does not enter the corolla/cruze segment.
    The 1.6MJD with dualogic in any case would be ~10-10.5L ex-showroom.
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    The problem is Positioning. I quoted 1.5 years back that its better if Fiat does not launch 1.6 MJD. Why?

The USP of Linea when launched was VFM. You get whole lot more than what you spend. This is typical for struggling brands in every industry. Within its segment Linea was a steal. That's the reason Linea comparatively does well than Punto as Punto does not have that clear & substantial Price advantage in its segment.

Now if Fiat were to launch 1.6 MJD or higher capacity FIRE or T Jet, obviously these higher capacity & costlier models will be compared with the others in the segment. e.g. People interested in T Jet have also started comparing Vento Diesel with it. If the prices are similar, diesel option makes enormous appeal when Petrol Price is sky-rocketing. I won't be surprised if Vento Diesel & even Linea MJD e+ eats into T Jet pie. The bigger concern is positioning. e.g. Someone in the market to buy a Petrol Sedan would draw a list - ANHC, Linea T Jet, Vento, SX4, etc. Linea 1.4 E+ which holds a clear Price advantage will be lost somewhere in the mind-share.
  4. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai
    fiat should launch 1.6 multijet at the earliest ::T
  5. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    the problem is, with the manza having the same engine and more space with a price tag of 6-7L looks more VFM to many buyers. I have seen this happening in my family on more than one occasions!
    The other problem is, the vento with the same price and more powerful engine.
    The third problem would be soon to be launched SX4 diesel with the same 1.3 MJD VGT engine.
  6. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai
    The Third problem is going to be a MAJOR problem for them. The SX4 with the MJD Engine will hit the competition Very hard.
    Heck, I dont understand why FIAT gave the 90HP VGT Engine to Maruti :confused

FIAT is creating troubles for themselves, now to counter the competition, they should bring the 1.6 MJD as early as possible.
  7. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    The new small car should hit the market soon. I myself interested to have a second car just to use it as a commute vehicle from office to home. Everyday I cannot think of taking a sedan to office.

Martui Cervo is making its debut soon, FIAT has to seriously launch its small car ASAP. Palio 1.3 MJD @ 3.5L would sell like hot cakes (Just launch it even if it is no profit business) Like the VW Polo where they say, they are making loss out of this hatch.

Maruti Cervo details http://all-car-news.blogspot.com/2009/0 ... tails.html

Thanks
    Vasu
  8. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    FIAT made records profits by selling their engines last year, might be they lost interest in the CAR Business :sadblue
  9. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    Just because they are selling huge number of engines, doesn't mean they don't want to sell cars. We should be giving such comment in a forum dedicated to FIAT. Leave these to the FIAT bashers please :)

One thing we can do is share the links of our test drive experiences, ownership reviews etc. on our facebook walls and ask our friends to do the same. This would create some awareness, as FB craze is increasing exponentially in India.
    I shared my TJET TD review on my FB wall. I request you all to do the same.
  10. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    i think Fiat shud start listening to us. atleast read all the thread properly. make a whole hearted attempt to grab the indian market by its neck. such has to be their attitute. but with present team of Fiat India its impossible to achieve that. Fiat India needs a change of guard for sure.