1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What FIAT needs to do to sell more

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Jul 30, 2010.

1. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Re: whats Punto needs to sell more.

If I were to take into account what general public likes , I would say just replace the black interiors and make it all beige give it a beige overdose and a lil better plastic quality and it should sell like hot cakes ..lol
  2. kaps

kaps Superiore

Fiat has done at least one thing correctly in their ad campaign, their latest tag line reads : Crafted for the true fan! So they are clear what market they are targeting. This kind of advertising can have a slow cumulative effect when people get intrigued by the "fan" following by seeing greater number of Puntos on road.

Fiat seems to have erased the guzzler image from the "kitna deti hai" type public's mind and surely Fiat has entered into the prospective buying list of a car buyer. I remember reading some interview where CEO said they are targeting 20K units this fiscal and intend to double it next fiscal. So I think they are meeting their goals and are going about it in a sure-footed manner.
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Fiat India's products are excellent. But, its dark past still reflects in the sales of its products. Fiat India should take necessary steps to erase their old image. As a first step, at least in metros, Fiat India could set up state-of-the-art company-owned company-operated service centres, independent of Tata Motors. I do not know, whether it is possible as per the provisions of the JV agreement.
  4. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

This is a 3 pronged issue / problem / consideration for Fiat:

1. Engineering: Excellent, however way you look at it as most of us agree that they have excellently engineered product in the Linea and the Punto.
    2. Production: JV or not, currently this is average. QA and production ethics @ the time of producing a car at their plant really really needs improvement.
    3. Post-Production Support: Our so-called dealers are below below below average currently. And this is at a majority across the dealer spectrum.

Until they get points 2. and 3. at the least to a satisfactory level, sales are going to remain the same.

PS: Like they mention with the "Crafted for a true fan!!" punchline, they ought to understand that a true fan hates going to a SC just to get a rattle, squeak or some such minor stuff rectified time and again and then being completely disappointed while s/he is there.

5. Re: whats Punto needs to sell more.

I saw this notice in my apartment today from Trident Hyundai dealership regarding Free Car checkup, free car cleaning and emission checkup in the apartment premises!!
    Now this is what fiat should do.
  6. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2

IMHO the FIAT management should watch the movie Rocket Singh Salesman of the Year.
    One can't make more customers if they can't satisfy the existing.

7. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Fiat shud come up with a decent Punto ad. may be a new brand ambassdor will help. Viru can be one who just won a Linea. Sachin or Dhoni or maybe Hrithik Roshan.
  8. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Honestly, the Punto needs no "ambassador".
    They just need to come up with a ad capturing & showing all those curves of the Punto.

For the Linea, an executive ad (a man in suit) will do just fine along with highlighting the curves...
  9. jumu

jumu Superiore

I feel FIAT needs to jettison the current ad agency and get a new agency like the one that is doing the Nissan MICRA ads. The Nissan advertisements are so refreshing to the eye especially the colours and the way the interiors and the functionality of the cars are shown. If I were having a Hyundai Santro and looking for an upgrade, then Nissan has sure got me hooked . The service and other issues of Nissan will not matter for person like me in the city.

Fiat has to show the Punto comprehensively and not just the front three quarter look, or like the stupid ad of the white 1.2 Punto on a highway . FIAT marketing has to step on the pedal in a big way. If they are waiting for only the FIat fans to buy their cars then they are doomed.

10. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

FIAT desperately need a great add campaign which portrays the true picture of the PUNTO and the Linea so that the common man can know what the car is all about..

They should simply come out with something which is eye catchy and rings the common man and it should make him rush to the nearest TATA/FIAT dealer to drive the car....