1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What FIAT needs to do to sell more

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Jul 30, 2010.

1. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Very valid point. Thats a challenge for Fiat - Very low sales coupled with wafer-thin margins due to competitive pricing makes it challenging.

Tata ads are usually good. Tata is also considered to be a very good marketer in Automotive market with catchy ads, good promotions, effective schemes etc.
  2. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    FIAT should make more attractive adv. where they should focus the middle class fly, with lots of ammunities in the car.
    Wonder if the FIAT officials are listening us, or are they happy with just selling the engines to other brands.
  3. I really doubt if Fiat people are reading these kind of forums. Not listening to people or reacting late has caused so much of damage to Toyota (US) in terms of market share and reputation which should be a lesson to others like Fiat. What was surprising to know that in small car (Brazil) Fiat tops and overall worldwide, 3rd in small car sale by a specific country. Maruti came first.

It is almost 3 months since T-Jet is launched and still the same old boring add :A
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Saw this Ad for Hyundai cars in a local newspaper - They are still flogging the dead horse accent and claiming the Verna to be advanced in technology (At speeds over 120 it transforms to a boat and you'll get life jackets from the glove box) I haven't seen a single ad in the newspapers or Television for Fiat post new year.

photo 1.JPG
  5. riddler339

My 2 cents to improve Fiat sales - Just highlight some of the features in Linea such as the sensors the indicate problems in car such as broken headlights, Advertise the Eco drive thats not available in all c category cars and most of the the sub rs 15 Lakh cars , and highlight the best in class driving control.Also advertise the build of the car as my Tjet skin is almost like a Tank's. Along with all that let people know abt the 5 yrs warranty to build confidence in product. Also any reason why michael schumaher add on tjet is not shown in india? Cmon you guys have it made. just need to look at whats already there. Leave alone spend more.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2014
  6. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    Eco Drive, like Blue & Me is a patented FIAT product and thus cant be present any other branded car unless FIAT sells it.

However, i completely agree that FIAT does not highlight the features of Linea/Punto well.
    Heck, Honda even promotes the CHROME STRIPS on the BOOT as a feature in its print adds while FIAT meh!
    I had a TJET pamphlet, it mentioned 114ps power, 207nm torque all four discs,, 16" alloys and that all!
    Why cant they add along with these, dual air bags, abs+ebd, acc, steering audio controls with usb, blue & me, foldable key and what not!
    Why assume people know it all?? :A
  7. riddler339

Thats Fiat's USP so why not market it. No other car in its class has similar features.
  8. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    Exactly My Point.
    FIAT must promote Blue&Me and Eco Drive aggressively.
  9. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    In my opinion this should be FIAT's line up
    Linea TJET Active Dynamic Emotion and TJET+
    Linea 1.6 MJD VGT (~115ps and 275nm) Active Dynamic Emotion and 1.6MJD+(same features as TJET+)
    Add Dualogic Semi Automatic Transmission to both the TJET and 1.6 MJD

Punto 1.3 VGT Active Dynamic Emtion and Emotion+
    Punto 1.4 Dynamic Emotion Emotion+ (retune the engine for tad more torque, Punto 1.4 is a highly underrated car and has very good performance)
    Punto 1.4 TJET as Punto Sports and another variant similar to the autoexpo one Punto Sportz+
    Maybe add the Dualogic to the top end variants.

Palio with new interiors or some other entry level hatch with the 1.3 MJD FGT and a 1.0-1.2 cc petrol with ~70-80 hp power

IMHO, so many variants only confuse the buyer!
  10. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

FIAT to do such kind of events to sell more n more!!!
    FIAT Funday!! Proud to be a FIAT owner!!!

First good news for all. Both the teamfiatians won prizes in Petrol Linea 1.4L category.

1st prize Mr Narayanan = 15.xx kmpl
    2nd Prize NK4FIAT= 12.28 kmpl

For detail writeup of event, bunch of photos , plz visit my thread in Linea ownership review.
    "Il mio fantastico 'stallion nero' FIAT Linea"

FIAT Funday 009.jpg