1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What FIAT needs to do to sell more

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Jul 30, 2010.

1. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    They have to continue with TATA for service, but FIAT needs exclusive showrooms showcasing only their products.

First impression is the best and last impression. If TATA keeps pushing their products and a step mother treatment to FIAT does not help.

Also, it is FIAT responsibility to publish all the features about their products.

Was reading about eco drive in another thread. http://www.fiat.co.uk/ecodrive/ was just thinking if this facility was available on Toyota/Honda/Suzuki they would have used this as a primary marketing tool.

My 2 cents

Thanks
    Vasu
  2. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I Think at present FIAT is on the right track by having TATA as their JV in sales n service the fiatians get a large network of 100 + dealers, ::O
    But at the same time there shouldbe a vigil on the showroom guys who change the mind of people to go for vista instead of punto sayingit has the same engine of punto. which is not fair :hit :confused
  3. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    tony ,
    it is strange you say like that about vista.

i was happy owning vista even though it had some(or many) initial nigling issues but they were well taken care of very quickly. i used to get prompt replies from tata for the e-mails i used to send. moreover, for the mails send had a direct visible impact on special consideration i used to receive from SS.
    but with fiat it is all different , i have been waiting for 2 months to get my seat replaced i have send mails, a couple of them ,
    finally talked to service center guys ,they says they are helpless as the new seat which have (red stitching )has to arrive from Maharastra and its been almost two months they have placed the order. now service centre guys are recomending me to send e-mails and are providing me with couple of e-mail ID's. exceptionally strange!!!

presently i am not in a mood to state that fiat is doing right with customers or at least me.
  4. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    total change of Fiat India management team top to bottom , including the CEO.
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    I have only one idea,just add TATA to FIAT'S name in the badge just like a RENAULT with Mahindra,people might get the confidence to buy FIAT cars
  6. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Branding FIAT vehicles with TATA is not a bad idea.

The only and effective way to draw new customers to FIAT showrooms is to educate would-be customers. People literally do not have any idea what FIAT Cars are and how it feels to own one. My neighbor does not even know that a car with name Punto exists in the market !!! he knows SWIFT INDICA LOGAN COROLLA etc, sorry i live in BANGALORE and not in any remote village. Sigh !, neighbor is aware that there is a auto company with name FIAT :)

IMO 90% of FIAT buyers are the ones who are passionate about owning products, be it Car/LCD/Camera anything. The normal man just walks down to maruti/tata/toyota/m&m.

FIAT Just arrange a test drive by contacting common man. Drive the car to their home and give test drive, this might also help
  7. saugdas

saugdas

Trichy
    When i announced in my office last month that I am going to buy 'Linea', all the top brass of mine was shocked and asked me "what made you go for FIAT?" Some of my well wisher friends were supprised : "FIAT??? Urgh!!!!"
    Does these above coloured letters reveal anything for the FIAT top brass? If it does, I think I have done my job for this thread, or else let me not waste my time further.... :A :A
  8. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Fiat should make sure that all dealerships have seprate display area with seprate enterance. Sales team should have proper technical and functional knowledge.

Fiat should needs to do only one thing that they pull every car buyer for atleast a tes drive rest all can be taken care by brilient products. Biggest problem now a days is very less people consider Fiat when they buy a car. there are lots of owner who changed their mind towards Fiat only after a test drive.

Also, FIAT should maintain a sub stock yard in metro cities like , Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, B'lore, Chennai etc etc. This can solve spare availabilty with positive results. We all know that TATA workshop is not interested to keep FIAT's spare parts to avoid cash freeze. Workshops can place orders and delivery can be performed from these sub stock hubs.
  9. NJOY

NJOY

Coimbatore
    FIAT SURVIVAL MANTRA - FIAT HAVE GOOD PRODUCT (since most of the product errors was rectified) NOW FIAT SHOULD CONCENTRATE ON MARKETING
    FIAT/TATA TOP MANAGEMENT INCLUDING CEO & MD's SHOULD INVOLVE ON DAY TO DAY BUSINESS TILL IT CAN TAKE OF BY ITSELF.
    1. AD AD AD AD AD AD AD - THE MOST IMPORTANT
    2. CHECK YOUR SALES FORCE (Knowledge, Motivation & etc.,)
    3. KEEP YOUR SPARE PARTS READY Follow JIT
    4. KEEP YOUR AFTER SALE FORCE READY

IF your fail to follow, no one can help FIAT.
  10. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Mumbai
    My friend wants to buy a hatch and is considering Punto MJD and a few others. He's been running around calling up dealers to just get a test drive here in Mumbai, but it feels like they are doing a favor getting the car for a TD. He informed me that within a day of registering for a TD with Hyundai, they have been following up for a TD at a time / place convenient to my friend.

Shucks, that says it all!