1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What FIAT needs to do to sell more

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    why is Fiat waiting till 2012 to be aggressive. why not now? by 2012 the competetion will get even tougher.
  2. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai
    +1, they should bring out the Car ASAP. The Competition will be on full momentum in 2011 itself, and there is a 100% chance that they will lose the opportunity to capitalise on a very good opportunity for them to become a Volume Player.

Bring it on ASAP. Are you listening FIAT..!!
  3. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    You & I know that. Maybe a few people that are as interested in cars as us but aren't present on forums know it too but do we care? Hyundai sells over 7K i20's every month. The absence of this safety feature hasn't been a deal breaker. Think about it from a layman. As I said, many Punto owners will never notice this metal seat back through their ownership years so lets not even talk about non-owners. That's why I said in India, Toyota knocks off a wiper and blatantly says this is done to save costs and 20,000 people line up to buy that car without even it being in the showrooms!

This brings us to another point. The metal seatback is another unique and distinguishing feature the Punto has from other premium hatcbacks. Off all the Punto owners on this forum, how many of us were told ar bout this feature by the sales person? How many times have we seen Fiat talk about this in print or TV advts? Things that people don't know aren't missed. Most Indians don't know what a metal seatback is for. That is why Fiat HAS to educate prospective buyers but as we all know this is one area where Fiat always has and always will fail miserably.
  4. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    I feel Fiat is doing a good thing by waiting till 2012. If they launch the car today, will it sell with the arrangement Fiat has for sales through the Tata dealers? Many Linea and Punto buyers backed off from buying these cars due to the absence of Fiat only sales and service outlets. We need to remember that a 4 lakh rupee car buyer is EXTREMELY conservative and why not? Spending 4-5 lakhs even today is a very big deal and the biggest factor these buyers look for is peace of mind. Can Fiat give that today? Sadly no.

I think Fiat, if they are thinking of setting up Fiat only sales and service outlets, is on the right track. They HAVE TO sell the baby Fiat from exclusive Fiat dealerships, only then will the 4 lakh rupee buyer bite the bait.

BUT, Fiat has to sort out its marketing & logistical issues before the 2012 launch. They have to aggressively work throughout 2011 to set up good dealerships & service center's and also to resurrect the Fiat brand. The small car is a different ball game altogether. This buyer doesn't care much for steering feel or ride and handling or even the thunk of the doors. Give them mileage, reliablity, peace of mind and good service. Fiat has got the first one right. What about the others?
  5. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    There is also one very important thing that the 4 lacs buyer think and it is the re-sale value.... I guess this is the highest priority thing for these buyers....
    FIAT probably wants to wait a little more as by 2012 the more Punto's and Linea will start entering the used cars market and they might change the notion of re-sale value of FIAT's......
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    everything will settle into right pace if and if fiat give respect to AFTER SALE SERVICE. (a.s.s)

else nothing is going to help.

nobody would like their cars to remain in garage due to non availability of spare shoddy works and other niggling issue.
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Complete make over changes cannot be done within 12 -24 months especially if you are riding a completely pathetic, lousy network and given that thats its your better halfs family.

Fiat and TATA have worked have worked hard to upgrade the service levels, it easy to change machines but very hard to upgrade human mentality and work style in places where people have not moved up with time. Moving forward they should get more strict with dealership norms and should not fear to take hard actions against the dealers even to extend of revoking dealership, if the company can set some examples, others will have there eyes opened up, no one wants lose away a dealership business.

I have seen service center, where they dont have basic tool sets too and are expected to deliver. Poor technicians/mechanics try there best to ensure things are done. I found that simple things like jumper cable for battery was not there, forget about secondary battery, the poor technician took the battery from some someone elses car and lifted it up the battery section and connected the battery touching physically touching the + and -. He took the tools from car tool kit to perform the works and didnt had the ECU examiner for FIAT and forget about body covers, sear covers to be used during sevices. Under such a poorly maintained service center we cannot ask for quality level of service. Unless the FIAPL works on ground to ensure that dealers follow strict rules and standards for servicing they cannot have the customer satisfaction.

If they have good services rendered, people will not crib about poor after sales, thus the prospective will not run away fearing services.
  8. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
  9. amolmane

amolmane Guest

One important task

To break the Tie-up with TATA
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Hasn't it been tie up with TATA, most of us would might not have seen the car, forget about getting serviced outside your city of purchase.
    Tata gave them the needfull 100+ locations for sales and services and reasons for many of us to buy the car. Furthermore the TATA Network helped FIAT to gain in general customer confidence, given that TATA enjoy good brand value in India, sharing space with TATA atleast made the car into the eyes of many, otherwise who would have visited a remote FIAT showroom with just 2 or 3 cars in some corner of city. No one would have opted for FIAT dealership given the past stands, ultra low sales and low margin of profit. Thanks to TATA Show rooms and Service centers, we see a some good sales outlets and big service centers.

FIAT itself cannot survive in India if it thinks to move out of Tie-up with TATA, it has a dark past and its hard to get over easily, probably once they have established with current range of products and sales justifying then they could move ahead and get there exclusive shops and service centers across the country. A simple calculation like FIAT selling around 1000 - 1500cars as of now in a JV dealer network of 100+, it comes down to 10-15 cars per dealer, i dont think any dealer could service with that low sales, given that we want best of dealership as well as service experiences.