1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What FIAT needs to do to sell more

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Jul 30, 2010.

1. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai
    Please find the attached file and then go through advantages

Advantage Fiat:-
    1. Bigger capacity plant to produce 3 lacs engines and 2 lacs cars per year
    2. Distribution network is wider than all the car manufacturer mention in this comparison
    3. Parts are really cheaper than other cars and also the service charge is cheaper
    4. Ride and handling is slightly better than all cars mentioned
    5. Fuel economy is similar
    6. Advance technology – advance multijet engine which produce more ps and more torque with small engine, Climate control A/C, Blue and me, follow me home headlights, my car feature, attractive fold able key, etc.
    7. Service interval is for 15000 kms
    8. Italian Tag (Looks and Engineering)
  2. Vinay,

I have used fiat cars in past Like 1001D,Uno and Palio, they all are heavy cars in their segment,it's one of the reasons why these cars are preferred by customer in Europe,
    I myself brought this cars due fact it's built like Vault, i wouldn't have touched it if it was built like Maruti or Hyndai.

In so called hi tensile steel cars even pillers can be be pressed just fingers, it's not so with Punto/Linea.
    -Sat
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Sat-Chit-ananda: I am not saying fiat is trying to build feather weight, paper thin material cars. What i was saying above was, that fiat could not source the steel which meet there gauze to tensile strength ratio, and since FIAT is known for tank build quality, they went for heavier gauze to get the required tensile strength, which added extra weight to the car then what FIAT would have liked to have.
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    viny , does that indicates present fiat cars have right weight as they to or are they still improvising with tata steel?
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    jayadev, no idea if the current fiat car have the right weight or not, but yes if we compare it globally, this falls in line with other production house outputs. I also think there would be constant improvising with suppliers to ensure better quality of product at low cost and better performance.
  6. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Fiat should place the adv in the News channel, B'cos its the time that all the family members sit and watch the NEWS at night, Hope FIAT Officials are researching on the good advertisements ::O
  7. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai
    The comparison which i provided in my last post is to show that fiat cars are intentionally criticized by Indian people. My friend visited Brazil, Germany . He told me that he saw more than 28 models of fiat on the road. in Brazil people are crazy fro fiat. :steering

Important:- In my last post there is comparison about some cars which are relatively heavy but nobody is complaining that the car is slow. Like Altis Diesel, Polo Diesel, Figo Diesel, Fiesta Diesel. :confused
  8. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Fiat is the Maruti of Brazil. The Palio, few months in a year, is the largest selling car in that country!! In fact, one of the best Palio advts also was a Brazillian one.

Talking about weights, Punto is the only hatchback to come with a metal seatback in the rear seats. Neither the i20 nor the Fabia nor the Polo have this BUT Hyundai, Skoda and VW are smart. It's quite possible that a Punto owner himself may never notice this through his Punto owership year's so not having this feature is a smart move. I know a metal seatback doesn't add much weight to the car but we are in a country where Toyota knocks off a wiper to save cost's so I really don't know why Fiat insisted on retaining this feature in the Indian Punto.

Removing it will benefit all. It will reduce weight & cost giving slightly better performance and nobody will notice!
  9. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai
    FIAT's New Strategy for India

Fiat, the Italian car maker, is all set to make an afoot in the Indian car market with its base on engines. However, it is found that the company will envisage its engines not for its flagship models. The company is making an assessment about the growing Indian car market before entering into any segment. The current presence in the Indian car market is with the alliance from Tata Motors in particular marketing. But Fiat is devising its own strategy to run the show of retail marketing and the plans would be publicized in coming days. The official of the company said that the product image of Fiat is stable and secured but the move is to reach the customers in close contact. The company is fully aware that the combined marketing move with Tata Motors does not yield prosperous growth. The fact is that most of the dealers are said to be prone to move Tata products rather Fiat’s.

Buzz up!This has been negated by the officials of both the companies. They claim that the tie-up is at the experimental stage and such dispositions may be inevitable at this stage. The problems make them analyze in a close manner to get rid of them in a powerful manner, they said. Fiat’s earlier target for this fiscal was 50000 units which has become gloom due to the decline in sale for consecutive months. During April-November, the company could sell 14956 units against 17079 units sold in the same period of 2009. The volume included Fiat 500, Grande Punto, Linea and Palio. Sensing the fall, the company official also hinted that the target proposed for this year might not be reached even in the next fiscal. Yet the company is pinning on the hope of boosting the sale by launching its sub-compact car @Rs4 lakh in 2012.

Fiat is understood to have noted the growing importance of small cars in India. With these speculations Fiat intends to reach the 130000 mark by 2014 which may become 5% share in the Indian car market then. Fiat believes that it could sell around 6000 monthly units of small cars by intensifying the retail market. Fiat has learnt a lot with its failure meet with the earlier launches of Palio and Uno. Of these, Uno was expected to counter and contain the spirit of Maruti Zen some 15 years ago. Due to the unexpected lock out in the Mumbai plant Fiat had to face production constraint then. This thwarted the thumping growth of 3 lakh bookings then, it is to be remembered.

Palio too impressed much at the initial stage, but Fiat could not capitalize the trend set then for more reasons, especially the one from the dealers. Another major problem that Fiat faced then was the least cooperation from its apex body in Turin, which too was facing problems locally. Now the time has come for Fiat to fix its angles in the growing Indian market with the assistance rendered by the local giant Tata Motors. A major exception in the range is Chrysler products, which are slated for free flow into the roads of Brazil, China and Russia in the period upto 2014. Fiat is having 20% share of Chrysler and is maintaining a good deal of cars and SUVs.

Source: http://living.oneindia.in/automobiles/a ... 91210.html
  10. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    It's there for safety purpose. In a mishap it prevents items present in boot hurting passengers sitting on back seat.