1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What FIAT needs to do to sell more

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Jul 30, 2010.

1. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Most people agree that Fiat products are good. Right from the Uno to the Linea / Punto. So what's restricting Fiat sales?

- Poor after sales service.
    - Non-avaliablity of spares.

It would be safe to say that the Linea and Punto have successfully removed the low fuel economy image that Palio brought to Fiat cars.

How does Fiat counter the two stumbling blocks to it's sales?

- When a prospecitve customer is through his test drive and pricing details, take him for a tour to the service area and show him around the 'state of the art' service center. Which car maker does that in India today? This will send a strong message of transparency and confidence that the manufacturer and the dealer have in their business model. Prospective customer can get a first hand view of service area and can even talk to customers in the lounge for their service expereince. Of course, you have to be sure there is no frustrated customer around!!

- For non-avaliablity of spares, customer can be taken to the stores and shown him stock of fast running spares like head lights, mirrors, fenders, bumpers etc. Again, you have to be sure you have these items in stock or you could end up with egg on your face!

Point is sort out the issues and then proudly show that market perception is just that - perception. Let the customer that walks into the dealership go with the reality not the perception.
  2. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    Yes, and that is offered by Hyundai in only one trim, not even the diesel top trim has this. But anyway, this is what the Korean marketing engine has done - somehow able to get it's safety ads through even though it may be actually selling the 5 * NCAPS car in minuscule number. FIAT should have had a trim with the 5 * NCAPS - could have priced it obscenely high, but that's just for the marketing, not for selling.
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    @ All: Thanks for appreciation of my previous post, will keep sharing my views as we work together to ensure that FIAT grows :)

:lol: :lol: Majority of there service centers are surely "STATE of ART" Only with mess all around and no technical or mechanical expertise. Given that I have seen other sedan manufacturers service centers, my experience with TATA service centers doesnt come anywhere close to other manufacturers service centers. If you talk about FIAT factory, I would take it, but not for service center. Probably a prospective buyer will runaway after seeing the chaos and uncivilized state of some of the service centers.

Dealers are highly spectical about FIAT, they themselves dont store the minimum required parts as suggested by the FIAT company. FIAT has given a comprehensive list of parts to be always stored, but most of the dealers dont even store 20% of that list. Dealer store manager argues that its slow moving dead investment majorly, the same amount of money invested in tata spares could make 4 times more turnover that means 4 times more money.

Though your ideas are smart and sensible but in the practical viability of implementation and success is not possible until inhouse is improved.
  4. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Many of you have listed the Game Changers already and One thing which I want to stress upon is the dealers confidence levels and knowledge about the product is critically low !!! - FIAT are you listening pls?? :confused

For a Hatch Car costing nearly 7lac - GP 1.4 EmotionPk : The dealers cant explain why it would cost so much and what features apart from ABS and Air Bags + Blue & Me.... similar features can be made available on other hatches as well... they seriously lack the skills or Tata :hit wants to rest Fiat to its graves in India...(Atleast kill one competitor of international repute)
  5. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    It's a cycle. If the dealer has to do this exercise, he has to make sure his dealership is state of the art and spares are adequately stocked. When a sword is hanging over your head you will make sure it doesn't fall on you!

I am aware of the shortcomings therefore for both the scenario's I have mentioned:

- Prospective customer can get a first hand view of service area and can even talk to customers in the lounge for their service expereince. Of course, you have to be sure there is no frustrated customer around!!

- Again, you have to be sure you have these items in stock or you could end up with egg on your face!
  6. jackharrisw

jackharrisw Amatore

Chennai
    I love FIAT and all FIAT Lovers.
    1) FIAT definitely need it's company owned STATE-OF-THE-ART service centres,without which it cannot attract people toward's it.
    2)Efficient marketing people in all their service centres.
    3) Strong advertisements expressing FIAT cars features,interiors,Fuel efficiency,Engine life,Warranty period,most importantly number of service centres they have in India, No. of satisfied customers etc should be shown explicitly.
    (Sachin or Sehwag is not necessary.Celebrities won't attract people than the points given above)
    4) Marketing the car's in corporate office permises by taking the FIAT test drive cars directly to those corporate permises.(Since,there will be thousand of people in a campus eg,INFOSYS chennai office)
    5)Making people aware of the new products they are planning for India in the future years.This will reduce the fear, people have in their mind that FIAT will close it's shops from India.
    6)Communicating with existing FIAT customer's and asking them their valuable feedbacks for area's to be improved.
    7)Following-up with customers who request a test drive for a FIAT car in a pleasing way.
    8)Have a close eye on all existing TATA dealers.

And i have many more points....But the points stated above are most valuable to market FIAT products in India.
  7. Fiat needs to train its sales people in the first place.

I had suggested my friend's brother-in-law to check out the Punto and he had a pathetic experience at KHT Motors, Bangalore (viewtopic.php?f=31&p=22024#p22024).

I'm feeling really embarrassed now. I was under the impression that they would change. But sheesh man, common they have to show interest in selling the car.
  8. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai
    many people complain about the quality matters about linea and punto. fiat need to increase quality standards up to the mark. it is important.i ave ssen many lineas on road with tags inea, Emoti n, D nami , etc. many lineas with missing side rear-view mirrors, headlights blacken, fallen fog lamps. So, quality issues are there i think it is the effect of Tata Partnership. :lol: . on some lineas i have seen bonnet surface is not with the proper shape. can any one tell me about this issue?
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    ^^^ tata cannot be blamed for the parts they procure. Fiat independently procures and does the quality inspection of the parts. they are sourcing cheap low quality parts. if they pay the price right they will get good quality.
  10. Am not saying FIAT quality is awesome but some things also depend on owners and how they maintain their cars.Headlight blackening yes , ORVM missing can't be FIAT's fault.