1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What FIAT needs to do to sell more

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Jul 30, 2010.

1. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    What about a "Me and Meri MAggi" kinda advertisement, it might sound funny.... But this is how we indians get attracted...

"Me and Meri Punto @home, @road, @ghat, @highways" kinda exp. from owners... and for RSA... Mid of the forest on a highway, vehicle stopped... what to do... call the FIAT RSA and our Team will be there in sometime and to add a emotional effect add "be inside your vehicle and wait for the RSA team to arrive"

Most of the members here will agree that FIAT RSA is great and they do arrive on time... then why not fiat create an advertisement and let indians know that they are doing a lot better this time...
  2. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Right said, FIAT has many things hidden which the people don' t know about it, (My uncle who took the Grande punto 3 months back did not know about the Follow Me Home Headlight, when i should him he was impressed more.) ::T .They should specify the features in TV commercials and Newspapers, I think FIAT guys should observe the people who are going for the Test drive of other cars or get the Telephone Nos. and provide them with the test drive at the convenience of the customers and might be should take the car to their door step for the Test drive in this way not only they but others surrounding people will also be aware of the Great Italian Beauty. :steering
  3. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

Bangalore
    Tony

Agree on offering door step test drive of the car. When TD car came to my home, most of the neighbours came out and saw the car.Once the TD of the car is over, couple of people came and appreciated the look of the car and asked for more details. One family was looking for new sedan and given them more details about T jet.
  4. shashanknathani

Pune
    This reminded me of my TD.... When the TD car came to my office... Punto petrol1.2 and MJD 1.3.... I took test drive of both... surprisingly two of my colleagues also took the TD of MJD... and now one of them is a proud owner of MJD E-Pack... and the biggest surprise was he booked the car on the same day i got my car... he almost finalized on i20 and then picked Punto....
  5. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    well done shashan and rajen, think we ourself are having share in growing the sales of FIAT cars in india.
    But the FIAT officials should get the contact numbers of the peoples who are having the test drive on other cars and should convience them to just have a glimps of the FIAT car.
  6. shashanknathani

Pune
    When i was buying the car... i was only looking at Punto and Aveo UVA... and i remember when i bought Punto... the Chevy sales man called me up and congratulated me and asked my feedback on Punto so that they can compare Aveo UVA with Punto and work on the marketing strategies like providing better discounts and accessories... To my surprise the same guy called me after six months of owning the Punto and asked for feedback... Later i received a mail mentioning a good comparison between Aveo UVA (Base Variant) and Punto (1.2 Active)... and then he called me to ask for references... This is how one should market, i was really impressed and even gave few names of my friends who were looking for a car.........
  7. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Very good idea. It could be THE advertisement. Imagine a family stranded on road in the middle of the night with fuel tank empty, calls RSA & in half an hour RSA comes with fuel !!!

Fiat has actually missed the trick initially. When it launched Linea, it should have gone ga ga with flurry of ads on Blue & Me. It was a novelty then. Now many other cars have it & that novelty zing is missing. Similarly there are many other feaures like Follow me Home lights, etc.
  8. mat46

mat46

Mumbai/Kochi
    India ranks among the top in terms of road accidents, and quite a lot of them fatal.
    Fiat has one of the safest cars in Linea, in terms of build quality , braking power and handling capabilities.

All FIAT needs to do is conduct a study, find out how many of its cars are involved in these accidents, and fatalities, injuries etc. Find out similar statistics about its competitors ( chances are FIAT Linea will be the safest car to be in ) and get these published, paid or other-wise and fight competion on life and limb issues , and see the response.
  9. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    Yes while HYUNDAI goes gaga over its 5 star NCAP ratings of i20, I do not see FIAT advertising much about Punto ??!!!
  10. I think thats because the i20 is pretty similar to europe one with 6 airbags but thats not the case with Punto.