1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What do you reply to a city fanatic who says fiat linea tjet does not have enough against city?

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by Anub jack, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Anub jack

Anub jack Timido

Coimbatore
    Coimbatore
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks @punto_emotion and @ghodlur but i am not worried or in doubt about my tjet. The city vs tjet between my friends is just argument sake .
    Iyu likes this.
  2. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Why not do a Drag Race
    VIJENDRA SINGH likes this.
  3. Anub jack

Anub jack Timido

Coimbatore
    Coimbatore
    Linea T-Jet
    :D Already invited my friends
  4. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I guess City will beat t-jet in 0-100 drag by a small margin, some milliseconds if i am not wrong. But yes after 100, City would only be seen on the T-Jet's rear view mirror :D
  5. drknaresh

drknaresh Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I had this experience on a open highway at least twice, once with my 75 hp Punto and other with my linea. In both the instances city was not able to catch up with me beyond 140, after which I had a doubt whether city is electronically speed locked like mobilio.
    mangeshtendulkar and manjunathkl like this.
  6. driveit

driveit Amatore

chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I too had a chance on highway 3 months back city will come close until I reach 120 afterwards it will be in mirror only. I-vetch guy tried a lot but my 90hp never out of push. I noticed his frustration through mirror, he was literlly crying.

Then you can imagine tjet.
  7. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    @Anub jack:
    Are you asking for opinions or just for the sake of it?
    Its very important with conviction that you have bought T-JET knowing all the pros and cons.
    Each vehicle will have pros and cons. Which works for you may not work for others.

T-Jet is a FIAT manufactured vehicle. Given all the TQM/Kanban process of Japan, finally it comes down to practical usage.
    City has its own advantages as T- JET.

T-JET gives you extra comfort on high speed manuveurability. T-JET is a multi-air engine with diesel like torque figures.
    City & Amaze has DreamEarth engines which good for its usage.

City is a mass market car similar strategies of Maruti/Hyundai. Fiat is more driver specific car with complete package.
    Dont worry too much and enjoy the T-JET drive every moment.
    Iyu likes this.
  8. punto11

punto11 Amatore

assam
    whatever it is but few months ago I went to a Honda showroom to test drive the city to replace my punto. After looking at the car and getting inside checking some bodywork paint etc we left. No test drive required. Only positive side was that there are loads of space inside engine bay and everything is easily accessible unlike fiats where you need hands that rotate 360 degrees to repair something
  9. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    To settle the argument once & for all, simply take them out to a hilly section (atleast 5 back-to-back hairpins) early in the morning & ask them to drive both cars up & down. Argument will end.
  10. Anub jack

Anub jack Timido

Coimbatore
    Coimbatore
    Linea T-Jet
    @whitepunto76 just for the sake of argument .
    I am from a hill station with 42 hairpins:joyful:
    varunrtr likes this.