1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What do you reply to a city fanatic who says fiat linea tjet does not have enough against city?

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by Anub jack, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Anub jack

Anub jack Timido

Coimbatore
    Coimbatore
    Linea T-Jet
    My friend and a city fanatic says tjet does not have enough power or is not comfy enough compared to city. And seems honda engines rate higher in reliability i seems! ( actually a week long argument is going on between myself and my friends-myself being the only fiat owner). I have driven both the cars and i own a new linea tjet purchased recently and fallen in crazy love with.I feel the comfort part though true with city being comfortabler is negligible. Linea is as comfortable as anyone could ask for from a c segment sedan. What is it exactly that gives the upper hand for linea tjet that makes everything in a HC or any other sedan unimpressive.
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Linea T-Jet excels in everything when compared to a city:

1) Turbo power: Both the city and t-jet have similar power outputs, albiet with a difference which is the torque. T-Jet has diesel like torque which makes it super fast once its in the turbo zone that city can never match.
    2) Build quality: Linea is a tank whereas the city is a tin in comparison. Check their weights.
    3) Brakes: T-Jet even in its active guise comes with 4 disc brakes all round, with great power comes great responsibility. Just compare the 100-0 timings of both the cars and you would get to know that the t-jet stops much before.
    4) HPS: T-jet has the best steering available for someone who loves driving.
    5) Ride and handling. Take both the cars to a corner at high speeds to see the composure of T-jet. The fiat suspensions are god send, that even the Germans cant match, let alone the Honda.
    6) Stability: T-jet would be anyday more stable than city in triple digits. Also, with a greater weight, comes greater momentum, which makes any fiat unstoppable on the highway.
    7) GC

So all in all, T-jet is high on power, has brilliant ride+handling+steering which makes you push her to the limits and then get back to stand still with those brilliant brakes.

City trumps the T-Jet only in the ASS aspect with a much wider network, but again Honda ownership isnt cheap by any standards.
  3. Anub jack

Anub jack Timido

Coimbatore
    Coimbatore
    Linea T-Jet
  4. vtlreja2

vtlreja2 Amatore

rajkot
    mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Built quality, ride and handling , driving dynamics. Are the positives of Linea.

No one could deny these facts

Enjoy what u have, rather than proving yourself right.:)

Every car has its positives n negative
  5. Anub jack

Anub jack Timido

Coimbatore
    Coimbatore
    Linea T-Jet
  6. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Toyota is known for using the same engine with minor updates year by year, so they lack some innovation (Leave Prius). Their innovation is confined to the manufacturing processes in which they are the best, heard of kanban?. Whereas, Fiats are known for their engines and their innovation, even though all those engines arent available in India. Just tell your friend, that a family travelled from Bangalore to Paris and back on their T-JET, so the engine is very reliable :D
    Iyu and Anub jack like this.
  7. Anub jack

Anub jack Timido

Coimbatore
    Coimbatore
    Linea T-Jet
    Reading about kanban. A great tip anyway.thank you. And knew the story of team l.i.f.e. yet to educate my friends!:jimlad:
  8. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Ask him to drive Tjet and city back to back at varying speeds and get the honest opinion.
    That should be very interesting, depending on how honest would be the opinion.
    Anub jack likes this.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Well said @Turbothinghy . Nice comparison to the T.

@Anub jack Stop worrying, comparing and start enjoying the Jet. 15 mins behind the wheels of the jet could convert anyone to own a Jet.
    Iyu and Turbothinghy like this.
  10. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Anub jack, pls do not waste your time and energy in these type of baseless arguments. If you still have any doubts about your Jet, next time when you are on a open twisty highway and by chance you sight a City, floor Tjet's pedal and you can see City disappearing in your rear view mirror even if he tries to catch up with you :p Forget about TJet, City doesn't hold a candle against 90hp Punto as well at higher revvs. Jokes apart - consider safety first before unleashing your Jet :happy:
    mangeshtendulkar likes this.